1 October 2007 - Behind the Scenes - October

bored321

"A hefty blow to bots", um the shop update will actually help them. :-s

This month is probably the least exciting of all this year. The only thing I'm looking forward to is the Edgeville graphic update I guess. :?

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are people a bit too eager to call a month worthless?

There's nothing outstanding, but the infinite stock is likely to make an noticeable impact on the economy. The Edgeville update will be cool - it's one of the last low-graphics f2p areas remaining. The ability to get farming and herblore experience will be nice.

@Darkdude, I'm pretty sure only people who have attacked the monster in question are in the running to get its drop :roll:

Shared loot won't have a massive impact, but it will make it harder to steal drops. The only reason to fear this update is if you are a drop stealer.

I am looking forward to seeing how the Shop Improvement plays out.

Infinite stock of nature runes at the stores? Let's cross our fingers... :pray:

Buying non-stackable objects as notes... Dare I hope :pray:

Selling more than 10 items at a time to the store? Gawd I hope so... :pray:

I'm having a lot of questions about this new shop system.

First of all they'd better put the prices of player made items higher then what they're currently going for or it would stop people from producing them and who knows what that would do to our economy....

Second of all, what will happen to selling prices? What will we be getting for our chaos and deaths and the tzaar area and what about willow longs unstrung? selling infinite willow unstrung for over 40each now? would change a lot of things as well... it may sound simple but giving the shops infinite stock of all these items could throw the economy around completely.

I sure hope they put some thinking into this and worked out a nice way to do this without changing every item's market prices... But seeing as they wrote an entire development diary about this I'm pretty sure they did :P So I'll just wait and see what happens :-k

...Silver

Wow, the bot solution is so simple, I've never thought of it! I'm looking forward to it! I'll be able to buy runes for PKTrips and such now. Yes! \'

For the "Shared Loot" system, I'm loving that one. <3:

Let's hope the Halloween event isn't a bore..

I just hope they don't make Edgeville more graphically intense or I won't be able to go there anymore. :ohnoes:

Great job JAGeX! You have exceeded my expectations! :thumbsup:

j0xPu5R.png

well i dont think that this is going to be an amazing month either. In fairness though, we have had some really good months recently so I am happy for a quiet month where i can get on with skilling.

With regards to the exact content, I don't know exactly how making infinite stock is going to deter bots buying runes and stuff. I'll be interested to see how that works out. I am always looking forward to new quests, particularly one where you can get free xp weekly like ToG. Could be interesting.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

This does seem like a strange upcoming month:

The common macro buying items made unlimited stock??- Prices in shop will raise while buying and selling will drop, As for Runecrafting The buying from shop would be quicker if you are lazy.

Clan Loot sharing- How will this work i wonder You all have a little "share" or "Keep" Opition in the clan chat I don't just if its just me but it seems if you went to god wars it would show the damage you hit and if you were all extrememly "Lucky" that is a slight chance of all getting hilts, (very low odds but i think it's there).

Edgeville Update- Well as everybody else Edgeville is considered "Home" to a lot of people Why not update Another city like, Ardy or C wars or Yanille A "Lot" of people rc and well how they love edgeville But it will seem strange to a lot of people, This is a update i'm looking forward to seeing.

I'm slightly confushed about WHY they needed shared drops...

Well I don't know if this is a rumor but i heard that somebody got banned for splitting a drop they got from bandos and they got accused of real world trading So this MIGHT be why

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

I can't wait for the quest.

The reward game sounds good as guthix tears is handy and this does 2 skills.

At a guess I'd say its some farming activity to do to the vine thing at his mansion each week hard to say though.

As for its bark is worse than its bite, I wouldn't read to much into it. But perhaps this will be pet dogs? we do have the knowledge base hint and that mansion is one of the very few domestic places with dogs around it.

All in all gonna be a good month I think

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

edit:

this quest's bark is worse than its bite.
Hmm i wonder what this could mean?

I assume it means the quest sounds worse than it actually is, which is the common use for that phrase. You could also look into the possibility of a very large/scary monster in the quest which actually turns out to be surprisingly weak.

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

This month sounds awful. First of all, am I the only one who thinks an infinite stock will only help the bots? Maybe I don't understand how it works...but it seems to me that the bots will just be able to buy runes at a faster rate. Maybe they are saying it will kill bots because you won't need to buy from them anymore because buying from stores will be easier...but then won't that hurt RC?

Loot sharing? Why do we need this? This game isn't like other games with loot-sharing. In those other games (WoW) you basically make money off of many drops that are not too high in value, but add up. Also, there are many items that bind to you on pickup (aka untradeable). But, in Runescape, boss trips are profitable because of one drop high in value. In a trip to the DKs, its unlikely that you will get enough axes for each person to keep one...and at the KQ, rolling to see who gets a d chain and who gets nothing? This system is stupid because boss drops in Runescape are all garbage and basically worthless compared to the rarest items that they drop.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Loot sharing? Why do we need this? This game isn't like other games with loot-sharing. In those other games (WoW) you basically make money off of many drops that are not too high in value, but add up. Also, there are many items that bind to you on pickup (aka untradeable). But, in Runescape, boss trips are profitable because of one drop high in value. In a trip to the DKs, its unlikely that you will get enough axes for each person to keep one...and at the KQ, rolling to see who gets a d chain and who gets nothing? This system is stupid because boss drops in Runescape are all garbage and basically worthless compared to the rarest items that they drop.

I Don't see why so many people are complaining. It's optional, so if you don't like it... then just don't do it <.<

Of course, this system is entirely optional, so you can still group-fight just as you did before.

Hmm i wonder what this could mean? :pray:

I think Jagex are using a word pun.

Bark as in tree bark? But then again the quest starts in Ardy...so a reward could be a dog from Lord Francis Handelmort.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Dark_Jab.png

Here is a simple solution to Shared Loot - Announce in the Clan Chat what the drop is. Smaller drops should go to the people that do the most work, but the big drops are the things that people share. And groups are always hesitant to add new people because they don't know if they will be honest about what the drop is.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

From my view does not look that interesting this month.

Shared loot is pointless for rare drops, not really that bothered about graphic updates and the hallween event wasn't the one i voted for anyway.

The quest sounds abit boring but i'll wait and see before i comment on it, but the minigame sounds interesting.

And for the bot proof shops, only really use shops to buy runes and if they are increasing prices might aswell just buy of players.

Overall disappointing.

edit:

Hmm i wonder what this could mean? :pray:

you beat me to posting this :XD: not that its gonna effect a lvl 3 skiller because i have not, and will not do legends but hmm?

they said ANTS were involved, ive seen many ants climb tree's? red ants bite....me going overboard or maybe were on to somefin :o

Let your yellow mellow.

I remember that stock as a sugestion of the OF. It was sugested for rune shops so I bet it will happen to rune shops. I suported that one too so i'm happy to see that happen. (I was about the only one who suported it too)