1 October 2007 - Behind the Scenes - October

bored321

edit:

this quest's bark is worse than its bite.
Hmm i wonder what this could mean?

Bulldog....

bulldogse1.gif

Anyone else think so?

Nice! Finally some original thinking in this thread =]

Hmm a commonly used expression... This must mean we get dogs in RS!!!!!!!

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FIrst of all, I am hearing a lot of people complain about the new shop update. I'd like to remind all that the infinite stock only applies to key! - items. Which don't have to particulary be all runes, all arrows and all shops!

Think of only chaos/death in F2P rune shops. And bronze/iron arrows in certain spots. These are main bot items I think.

Also, they have thought about it well and very important. They can make changes within a month. Most likely sooner. Although to late then, it's not the end of the world. But something has to be done!

Besides, if prices of certain items like chaos runes go up, more chaos runes will be made! Boost for runecrafting (ding dong!)

As for the quest + minigame reward --> Perfect

GG people :D octobre will be another great month

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Hey...the Warrior in the new wallpaper's got a D Plate =P

The-Road-2.gif

Siggy By...me! ^^

If you've got any tips on sig making, photoshop in general, or a recommendation on a good DSLR to get me started, pm me =]

If they do make the shop prices HIGHER than what the player prices are, that would just be stupid. Then nobody would buy from shops, so the demand for player made natures would skyrocket. This would then increase the player price of natures until they were at least as much as it costs to buy them from the store, defeating the purpose of making the shop price higher.

What the heck are you on about... Re-read it yourself.

Why would any Nature Runecrafter in their right mind sell their product for a price equal to or higher than the price in a shop. Unless they wanted to not make any sales it would be silly to almost compete with a shop in which prices do not change.

Surely the aim of the Nature Runecrafter is to actually sell the nature runes, which would in turn mean that they would sell them for at least slightly less than the shop price.

It could be that Jagex are trying to phase out people buying their runes from shops (ala bots) and instead rely on what was probably intended when making the game - the Runecrafter.

You must see that it is not fair on the Lumberjack if there was, say, a shop which sold Logs at reasonable prices because it would mean Fletchers wouldn't bother buying their logs from the Lumberjacks, and instead choose to use the shop.

If Jagex this is Jagex's intention then it shows that they are trying to make the Runescape economy more like the real-world economy, where we do not have shops in real life with a magical stock which somehow has the product without anyone actually producing it.

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

edit:

this quest's bark is worse than its bite.
Hmm i wonder what this could mean?

Bulldog....

bulldogse1.gif

Anyone else think so?

Nice! Finally some original thinking in this thread =]

Hmm a commonly used expression... This must mean we get dogs in RS!!!!!!!

Thankyou PFJ, but I actually found this on the Runescape forums, believe it or not.

So you can flame them instead mEb.

DUUUUUDE! Check out the development diary, there is the new shop system. Maybe thatll mean a new banking system soon too.

Don't think that the guy in the KBD wallpaper has a d plate though.

Quite boring BTS. But with the dogs probably coming out, and the edgeville update. I can't complain.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

On my secondary account i started a while back i was trying to buy some bronze arrows from the varrock fletching shop, this was in F2p. EVERY SINGLE SHOP(world) had an auto buyer, i reported every one but the next day was the same. I don't know how this new unlimited stock system works but at the very least it means people can buy arrows in F2p again so YAY!

As for the other updates, the clan share thing is obviously part of an ongoing attempt to improve the clan aspect of the game, the quest is a quest and changing the graphics makes things interesting.

If you want ONE MASSIVE UPDATE ONLY then....go play WoW the extra scenarios cost ~ $40.

Ummm, Anyone thinking about the Ore Shop at the Blast Furnace, No ore stealers + Unlimited Ores?

How about unlimited Runes / Battlestaves at Magic Guild?

That will boost the popularity of the blast furnace. Not a bad thing I think, could make rune bars a little cheaper.

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

The Development Diary shows that the infinate shop items will be

* Chisels

* Pots

* Jugs

* Sheers (why?)

* Buckets

* Bowls

* Tinderbox (why?)

* Hammers

* Maps (why?)

* Security Books (why?)

What I'd hope for...

* Vials (water filled or not)

* All runes

* Feathers

etc...

I know people will moan, but bear in mind that Jagex said they'd be adjusting the prices...

Harrington.gif

The Development Diary shows that the infinate shop items will be

* Chisels

* Pots

* Jugs

* Sheers (why?)

* Buckets

* Bowls

* Tinderbox (why?)

* Hammers

* Maps (why?)

* Security Books (why?)

What I'd hope for...

* Vials (water filled or not)

* All runes

* Feathers

etc...

I know people will moan, but bear in mind that Jagex said they'd be adjusting the prices...

They said it is to help combat bots so I guess they mean Runes, many people on my server said that will suck/be cool they didn't bear in mind that the prices will be adjusted might help stabilize rune prices or just ruin Runescrafting :shock: we will have to wait and see, seems like a nice addition though IMO.

FIrst of all, I am hearing a lot of people complain about the new shop update. I'd like to remind all that the infinite stock only applies to key! - items. Which don't have to particulary be all runes, all arrows and all shops!

Think of only chaos/death in F2P rune shops. And bronze/iron arrows in certain spots. These are main bot items I think.

Also, they have thought about it well and very important. They can make changes within a month. Most likely sooner. Although to late then, it's not the end of the world. But something has to be done!

Besides, if prices of certain items like chaos runes go up, more chaos runes will be made! Boost for runecrafting (ding dong!)

Thank you!!! I was worried that no one would bring this up. Not all items will have unlimited quantities. So a rune shop might only have elemental runes, minds and chaoses at unlimited quantities - therefore not affecting the market for the higher level runes.

What would also be impressive, is that the system will track how much one player has bought from a shop, and adjust their own price accordingly. Therefore if you want to buy 1Mil buckets, they start at 1gp and end at 1000gp each. That way, real players after smaller amounts aren't significantly affected but bots start paying a lot more. Time to revert to cheaper pricing should be longer than the current stock replenishment.

I'm not expecting it to be like this, as the Dev Diary sounds like the coding was a lot more simple than this.

Even if the update affects me in a bad way, I tip my hat to Jagex for continually trying to improve all aspects of the game for all players.

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

Thank you!!! I was worried that no one would bring this up. Not all items will have unlimited quantities. So a rune shop might only have elemental runes, minds and chaoses at unlimited quantities - therefore not affecting the market for the higher level runes.

What would also be impressive, is that the system will track how much one player has bought from a shop, and adjust their own price accordingly. Therefore if you want to buy 1Mil buckets, they start at 1gp and end at 1000gp each. That way, real players after smaller amounts aren't significantly affected but bots start paying a lot more. Time to revert to cheaper pricing should be longer than the current stock replenishment.

I'm not expecting it to be like this, as the Dev Diary sounds like the coding was a lot more simple than this.

Even if the update affects me in a bad way, I tip my hat to Jagex for continually trying to improve all aspects of the game for all players.

The shops of RuneScape will be delivering a hefty blow to bots this month. Instead of finding shops empty of stock because a bot has bought it all, you will find infinite stock of various key items.

Unless the bots are buying tinderboxes and buckets, I would think this would include runes as that is the main (only?) thing that bots buy..

The shops of RuneScape will be delivering a hefty blow to bots this month. Instead of finding shops empty of stock because a bot has bought it all, you will find infinite stock of various key items.

Unless the bots are buying tinderboxes and buckets, I would think this would include runes as that is the main (only?) thing that bots buy..

Yes, but not everything in the shop will have unlimited stock (what I was trying to get at but probably didn't).

So for an arrow shop, it might be bronze, iron and steel arrows at unlimited stock, with the others with normal stock. Same with rune shops, some runes at unlimited while others at normal.

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

Yes, but not everything in the shop will have unlimited stock (what I was trying to get at but probably didn't).

So for an arrow shop, it might be bronze, iron and steel arrows at unlimited stock, with the others with normal stock. Same with rune shops, some runes at unlimited while others at normal.

This wouldn't help at all. The main profit of buying and selling runes comes from the higher level runes. If they don't do it for high level ones, then they might as well not do anything, because those are the only significant profits when you buy from a shop and sell to players. The elemental runes might be like...5gp profit each? If you're lucky?

Why would any Nature Runecrafter in their right mind sell their product for a price equal to or higher than the price in a shop. Unless they wanted to not make any sales it would be silly to almost compete with a shop in which prices do not change.

Maybe you don't understand. In our game right now, there are a ton of nature runes that come from players, and a ton of nature runes that come from the store (there are also monster drops, but we needn't count those because the number will most likely remain constant, assuming no more or less people kill monsters because of this update). Lets say, when this update comes out, the market price of natures is 350gp each (just an example) and then Jagex sets the price at 450gp each from the store (again, just an example). Now of course, nobody in their right mind would spend their time buying runes from the store when they could easily trade another player, for a larger quantity of runes (thus, wasting far less time), at a price 100 gp cheaper!

Why would anyone want to do that? They wouldn't. This means that nature runes would STOP coming in to the game from stores and nearly ALL of the new nature runes would be coming in from runecrafters. This means that there would be more demand for player-crafted runes. This means that it would start to become harder to buy nature runes, so people will begin offering ABOVE 350 gp ea so that they can buy their runes quickly.

Of course, once the price begins to raise, more people may or may not start Runecrafting (in our situation, people probably will). This will put more supply of nature runes into the market and thus keep the price down, possibly below the shop price. This all depends on how much supply is increased as the market price starts to rise. If no additional people started crafting natures (the supply stayed the same) then the price would continue to gradually increase to the store price.

Of course, a lot of this could be influenced by outside factors. For instance, if Jagex makes it easier to buy large quantities of runes, then the price raise will behave differently because there is less of an opportunity cost to buying your own runes. All of this can basically be summed up by saying that Runescape's economy obeys price elasticity just like a real world economy.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

How the [bleep] does the shop update help? The bots will just jack up the prices higher than the shop prices, resulting in another calamity like with P ess. Jagex is [bleep] stupid. :boohoo: I'd say this update will cause another wave of Falador Riots.

How [bleeping] stupid are you? When you can buy an infinite amount of runes for a set price, why the [bleep] would you buy them for more?

[hide=awfull long qoutes discussing prices]

This wouldn't help at all. The main profit of buying and selling runes comes from the higher level runes. If they don't do it for high level ones, then they might as well not do anything, because those are the only significant profits when you buy from a shop and sell to players. The elemental runes might be like...5gp profit each? If you're lucky?

Maybe you don't understand. In our game right now, there are a ton of nature runes that come from players, and a ton of nature runes that come from the store (there are also monster drops, but we needn't count those because the number will most likely remain constant, assuming no more or less people kill monsters because of this update). Lets say, when this update comes out, the market price of natures is 350gp each (just an example) and then Jagex sets the price at 450gp each from the store (again, just an example). Now of course, nobody in their right mind would spend their time buying runes from the store when they could easily trade another player, for a larger quantity of runes (thus, wasting far less time), at a price 100 gp cheaper!

Why would anyone want to do that? They wouldn't. This means that nature runes would STOP coming in to the game from stores and nearly ALL of the new nature runes would be coming in from runecrafters. This means that there would be more demand for player-crafted runes. This means that it would start to become harder to buy nature runes, so people will begin offering ABOVE 350 gp ea so that they can buy their runes quickly.

Of course, once the price begins to raise, more people may or may not start Runecrafting (in our situation, people probably will). This will put more supply of nature runes into the market and thus keep the price down, possibly below the shop price. This all depends on how much supply is increased as the market price starts to rise. If no additional people started crafting natures (the supply stayed the same) then the price would continue to gradually increase to the store price.

Of course, a lot of this could be influenced by outside factors. For instance, if Jagex makes it easier to buy large quantities of runes, then the price raise will behave differently because there is less of an opportunity cost to buying your own runes. All of this can basically be summed up by saying that Runescape's economy obeys price elasticity just like a real world economy.

[/hide]

Your making it more complicated then it is.

But I will give an example of how you mean it:

(In the following example, death runes come only from RC and shops)

Shop price Death rune ~ Around 380gp

Price to create 1 death rune from pure essence ~ 80gp

Now what happens, market says death runes turn out to be 340gp

People now have a choice:

Either create their own death runes, saving 260 or even 300gp for each death rune they make, though still spending 80gp per death rune

Either buy the death runes from players, saving 40gp on each death rune they buy, though still spending 340gp per death rune

Either buy the death runes from shops, saving 0gp on each death rune they buy and spend 380gp per death rune.

Creating your own things:

UP:

You save a lot of money / You make a lot of profit

DOWN:

Takes time to create the runes

Buying from players:

UP:

Saves you a lot of time, as you won't have to create the runes.

You save 40gp on the runes (shop price difference)

DOWN:

Still takes time to buy all the runes from players. This usualy takes longer then buying from the shop

Buying from shop:

UP:

Fastest method of getting the runes

DOWN:

Most expensive way to get these runes.

Basic principle:

Producing price (player price) will be under infinite stock shop price. People will still make the products and people will buy these, as they are cheaper.

Though some people will want to buy from the shop, for the convinience of a fast way of getting the runes. No 10x trading and shouting buying X, instead a few minutes of buying in shop.

As the player price will come closer to the shop price, more people will buy from the shop. Result, player price will lower.

Player price will NEVER hit above the infinite shop price

Hope this clears some things!

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Buying from shop:

UP:

DOWN:

Where are you getting the idea that there will now be a "buy x" option at stores.

If this was in one of the articles released by jagex then i'm sorry but please do quote it for me.

LordFan21.pngHilordfan.jpgZ0mg look im so kool even mods tok to me.

If you have 91 RC, its time to craft your [wagon] off.

If Jagex sets nature runes at say 275 gp, you all are screwed.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Buying from shop:

UP:

DOWN:

Where are you getting the idea that there will now be a "buy x" option at stores.

If this was in one of the articles released by jagex then i'm sorry but please do quote it for me.

No one has hinted towards a "buy-x" option in shops, and I personally very much doubt this will be added. It is however still much faster to rapidly click "buy-10 Death Runes" than it is to make them, I don't think anyone can deny that.

12Pure34 explained it perfectly well in the concluding paragraph on how player rune prices will never reach the shop price as I said. I think I might just make a topic on this whole price debate just so people know where the information is.

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

I'd doubt that.

1st - I don't think the update will include Runes with the infinity amounts. If they did they have basically ruin crafting and most companies.

2nd - If they stupidly did, then the prices would probably be at least 25% then street prices as they will "tweaked" the prices.

Jagex officially said "key items", I would assume this means Basic Items. (Tinderbox, Buckets and Pots for example).

They don't have to ruin something that is ruining something.

(Ruining Runecrafting to stop Bots ruining stores of RuneScape).

We'll have to wait and see...

f2p shops have nature runes? I though only the mage arena had natures in stocked.... :-w

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Yeah your probably right about the arrows and whatnot but with the runes I can't seem them having the lower level as unlimited and the and higher ones not because the higher ones are the ones the bots are buying and making the profit from.

I am hoping the gems might be in stock a little more then usual, the more in stock the more money coming out of the economy which can only be good buying runes from Runecrafters don't take money out but buying from the stores does.

I can't wait to see the shop thing ::'

Also yay for another item to take up bank space :anxious:

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012