2 October 2007 - Cutting Edge(ville) + shop improvement

C110

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good update sept a few things.

Bye bye to the supplies market.

I guess the monkfishes getting from 99 fishing and cooking won't be very profitable...

Other than them, very good.

bppetrolsigfb6.png

Even on my death bed, I'll bare-hand that bloody shark.

^ I think he means that there are no naturally-growing orange trees anywhere.

I've never been a big fan of using shops, so really I don't know what this update fully does to training...Funny to see what people find htough.

everfreefire.png

everfreefire.png

Grow your own orange tree. Voila! All the oranges you'll ever need. How it was intended to work, no doubt - what's the point of requiring payments for watching your trees if you can just go to a shop and buy them all? Christ, why does everyone whine so much about being required to do a little more work for things?

I have never wanted to rant about an update beforehand, but this one has tipped me over the edge. Most of this update, I'm all for. The buy-x is a great idea, as is having a main stock and a player stock (which also sets a precedent for a possible updated bank - the tabs are definitely possible). However, the complete and needless destruction of glass-making and battle staff crafting is very, very annoying.

Previously, making battle staffs was a great way of passing the time. I could level some crafting without having to spend time getting breathed on by dragons, it was fairly fun, training a few different skills at once and got me a profit at the end. Now it's pretty much useless, as getting hold of seaweed and battle staffs are now so slow I'd get bored after getting 5 of them.

I have heard that Baba Yoga only has one in stock at a time which restocks slowy, and there is no way I'm spending my pizzaz points on battle staffs. Not at the incredibly slow rate they arrive, and especially not while I'm still saving for bones to peaches.

It's especially annoying as it's needless. As evidenced by the food shops in the grand tree, it is still possible for shops to work as they used to. So why have they been annoying and stopped battle staffs? There's no reason for it. The only one that I can see is that the decision was made to remove them ages ago before they finished. Since then they've worked out a way of making shops continue on as they did in some cases, and the battle staffs were forgotten about.

The one advantage of this is that seaweed now drops noted when dropped by monsters, which means I now have the space to pick it up.

Finally someone who feels the same as I!!

I was excited about the shop update... finally a chance to get runes whenI want and how many I want (based on how much money I have). My mates would say, "let's go CW" Then I would have to spend x amount of time getting bloods to play because I didn't have enough for the casts. Problem solved.

My RANT---> Battle staves. Runes don't come cheap. Which is why making battle staves were a life saver. I would buy the staves for a big profit then I was able to buy my bloods. NOW...as stated...I can't do that because it will take longer, much longer, to every gather the battle staves (unless I world hop, but even then I am doing what....competing with other players). Use pizzazz opints?? Are you nuts?!?!? I am saving up to get infinity gear and you want me to use them for battle staves!

I hope Jagex realizes that they have really hurt the "true" players and come up with something for getting battle staves.

In the RS forums, there is a suggestion for a battle stave update, involving players making their own. If you can find it, check out some of the ideas.

~A lil mage goes a long way~

Too bad that edge now looks like a real, civilized town, I liked it's rough's appearence, which it should have as it is close to wildy. Also is Jagex kidding us? All the towns used to be quite different, but now seers, varrock and edge have the same kind of buildings with the same bricks, only fally has different color bricks, but whey don't they just totally redo all the buildings rather than changing only it's building material's appearence:s

Varrock, Edgeville, and Seer's Village are now a LOT different than they were before. Varrock and Seer's Village are kinda the same, but Edgeville has smaller/darker bricks. Before, there was no difference.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

I must say a couple of nice new updates- I mean on my noob accounts first of all it wont be a pain to buy stuff from shops

Anbd finally a major graphical update!

My friend has been on my back for weeks telling me RS's graphics stink- hopefully this'll show him that they continually update it!

goblin512.png

Great Updates :thumbsup:

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Bots got owned although prices are to high its still good to see they can't profit.

Edgevill looking awesome :P

I have never wanted to rant about an update beforehand, but this one has tipped me over the edge. Most of this update, I'm all for. The buy-x is a great idea, as is having a main stock and a player stock (which also sets a precedent for a possible updated bank - the tabs are definitely possible). However, the complete and needless destruction of glass-making and battle staff crafting is very, very annoying.

Previously, making battle staffs was a great way of passing the time. I could level some crafting without having to spend time getting breathed on by dragons, it was fairly fun, training a few different skills at once and got me a profit at the end. Now it's pretty much useless, as getting hold of seaweed and battle staffs are now so slow I'd get bored after getting 5 of them.

I have heard that Baba Yoga only has one in stock at a time which restocks slowy, and there is no way I'm spending my pizzaz points on battle staffs. Not at the incredibly slow rate they arrive, and especially not while I'm still saving for bones to peaches.

It's especially annoying as it's needless. As evidenced by the food shops in the grand tree, it is still possible for shops to work as they used to. So why have they been annoying and stopped battle staffs? There's no reason for it. The only one that I can see is that the decision was made to remove them ages ago before they finished. Since then they've worked out a way of making shops continue on as they did in some cases, and the battle staffs were forgotten about.

The one advantage of this is that seaweed now drops noted when dropped by monsters, which means I now have the space to pick it up.

Finally someone who feels the same as I!!

I was excited about the shop update... finally a chance to get runes whenI want and how many I want (based on how much money I have). My mates would say, "let's go CW" Then I would have to spend x amount of time getting bloods to play because I didn't have enough for the casts. Problem solved.

My RANT---> Battle staves. Runes don't come cheap. Which is why making battle staves were a life saver. I would buy the staves for a big profit then I was able to buy my bloods. NOW...as stated...I can't do that because it will take longer, much longer, to every gather the battle staves (unless I world hop, but even then I am doing what....competing with other players). Use pizzazz opints?? Are you nuts?!?!? I am saving up to get infinity gear and you want me to use them for battle staves!

I hope Jagex realizes that they have really hurt the "true" players and come up with something for getting battle staves.

In the RS forums, there is a suggestion for a battle stave update, involving players making their own. If you can find it, check out some of the ideas.

Paul

Jagex Mod

02-Oct-2007 15:16:28

Last edited on 02-Oct-2007 15:49:21 by Paul

Seaweed and battle staff changes explained.

Some people have been asking why we have removed these items from shops and put them elsewhere.

We have removed the battlestaffs and seaweed from shops because they were things which were balanced on having rather limited stocks.

Battlestaffs have a pretty hefty cost mark up once you've added the orbs which was a lot of the reason for making them.

And if you could get unlimited amounts of sand and soda ash the crafting xp rate is actually pretty insane for very little effort.

Fortunately before it was hard for many players to buy these things in volume, so they sort of self balanced, otherwise we'd have actually considered them broken.

Unfortunately if we left these items at limited stocks then as we removed other autobuyer targets such as runes and arrows - these would have been quite an obvious target for bots, the price mark up from shop prices on these objects is actually pretty good,

the legitimate people buying these items could quite soon be ranting at us, due to the bots selling out their stock thus that they could buy none.

A premptive strike was clearly needed.

Our aim is to keep these items at limited availability, but to change the ways for getting them to something not autobuyer friendly.

Our aim isn't to make these things any harder (or easier) to get overall.

If we've not got these altenative methods quite right, then I'm happy to tweak them

For example I understand that the mage training arena pizzazz cost might be a bit prohibatively high for pracitically buying battlestaffs right now. I am looking into this to see what a sensible cost in pizzazz points would be.

I'd like to get people using that area a little more anyway :)

We will also be increasing baba yagas stock levels of battlestaffs, to 20.

Getting seaweed from nets while fishing monkfish is quite good and was originally meant to be considered a bit of an additional reward for completing swansong.

Unfortunately it possibly got a bit nerfed when we then released the trade ships, but its still there.

Theres plenty of other less conveniently located spawns for the lower levels too.

I'll certainly be thinking of other ways for players to get seaweed too.