halberds

lwilson100

hey, the varrock guards wear fancy items that players have no access too. doubt this will change hally looks. d hally looks fine to me.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I was curious about this but those guards can not strike from one square away so I don't think they are actually Halberds.

Also barbarians have had a whole range of sweet looking weapons for ages now that we don't have access too so its also unlikly on that account

Caldius.png

I was curious about this but those guards can not strike from one square away so I don't think they are actually Halberds.

Also barbarians have had a whole range of sweet looking weapons for ages now that we don't have access too so its also unlikly on that account

Word.

I am probably the biggest fan evah of Barbs. I love the Giant axes and the facepaint. It's alllll gooood. <3

The-Road-2.gif

Siggy By...me! ^^

If you've got any tips on sig making, photoshop in general, or a recommendation on a good DSLR to get me started, pm me =]

Nah hallys are cool the way they are.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Graphical updates = new weapon looks for us :wall: terrible theory

But it would be nice, but then again the Current Hally looks fine. I enjoy the graphical updates though, sometimes better than other updates because it makes the actual game look better. :XD:

enjin-197880-13470529531124777514-gray.png

Ex-Wilderness Guardian

Ex-Solace

Retired from F2P clans indefinitely

I like the way the hallys look. I think the d hally is the cooliest looking dragon weapon in the game. It would be cool but i would not care if it did happen as well.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I like the way hally's look. I doubt they will change it or add a new hally. There is many other monsters that have weapons that we don't have.

They just want to make the guards have more variety in looks and in medieval times guards didn't all have the same weapon, they just had what ever they were good at or could afford.

Hameigh.png

+1

If they indeed hinted a new update, those weapons would be available now, wouldn't they?

j0xPu5R.png

The halberds we can use are actually called the Voulge, the ones that the edge guards wield are actually called Halberds...

I must say, even though its looks nice, Edgeville was a ghost town reclaimed from the wilderness... The update made it look everything it shouldnt be... The bank alone is way too fancy for my liking, if anything it should look more like Burgh de Rott...

The guards also couldve done with being a tad less 'uniform-y'

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Aye they look fine as they are and arent the edgeville guards hallys a bit shorter? Glad to see its not up to three guards to defend edge anymore. Would be preety cool if we got some pwnage city guard armour though.

Get me a whopper!

Stop reading into every update like JaGex is teasing and tormenting us with underlying meanings in the updates they put out. This is not literature class. There are no motifs, sub-plots, or themes to updates.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Jagex do need to go through player wearable items and update them though as the vast majority of them are outdated compared to what NPCs have.

Would be a HUGE update though as they'd have to change the animations of a lot of items to make them look better too, but it's an update that does need to be done.

They updated 2 Handers so i can't see why they wouldn't update halberds.

To be fair, halberds really need it too, the Stab mode only uses one hand and looks poor

They've done multiple updates to 2hs actualy. Atleast two, maybe three. Can't remember a single update to any other weapon type (Default ones anyway)

The dragon halberd is one of the better designed weapons in the game, why would they change it? If anything else, they should start updating the older weapon animations such as daggers, swords, battleaxes and scimitars.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

This is abit OT but aren't they bringing out crystal hallys sometime?

They've had the idea for like 2 years now -.- i wonder why they just stalled... :-k

99 Woodcutting Achieved on 17th December 2007

Barrows Drops: 1 x Great Axe; 3 x Brassard; 1 x K Coif; 1x Dh Helm; 2 x Guthans Plate; 1 x Ahrim Hood; 1 x Ahrim Skirt; 2 x Flail; 1 x X-bow; 2 x Dharok Legs.

LMsmallsigcopy.jpg

It would be awesome if they made a members quest for those barbarian's weapons. And maybe they could have a spec like rage, where your character goes berserk for 30 secs and you have no control over him (Like in final fantasy's). What do you think? is it a good idea?

99 Woodcutting Achieved on 17th December 2007

Barrows Drops: 1 x Great Axe; 3 x Brassard; 1 x K Coif; 1x Dh Helm; 2 x Guthans Plate; 1 x Ahrim Hood; 1 x Ahrim Skirt; 2 x Flail; 1 x X-bow; 2 x Dharok Legs.

LMsmallsigcopy.jpg