What Are YOUR Views On 99 Fletching And Cooking?

I would also like to say that combat capes go right along with the easy capes. I mean how many people have 99 strength? Cooking > Strength in my book.

because most pure got str 99 and low atk n def. I rate atk>str. I probably won't even bother to wear my str cape. I probably only keep hp n str trimmed.

li_014.png

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also like to say that combat capes go right along with the easy capes. I mean how many people have 99 strength? Cooking > Strength in my book.

because most pure got str 99 and low atk n def. I rate atk>str. I probably won't even bother to wear my str cape. I probably only keep hp n str trimmed.

I don't really get what you said. But what I'm saying is everyone bashes cooking/fletching capes but not strength capes. I don't know if it is still this way because I am retired, but last time I checked more people had strength then cooking.
wpsig1ht5.gif

How dare you insult my intelligence?

If a skill makes more profit, it is easier to train, you have more motivation to keep going for extended periods of time.

To solidify this statement, take agility for example. For the most part, people dislike it ,and say its boring. There are dramatically fewer skill capes to boot. I wonder why...

Perhaps you think i'm insulting your intelligence because you're not responding to my points directly, you're just restating things over and over. Frankly I don't think I really did insult you but hey, whatever.

If a skill makes more profit then it is easier to train? that doesn't even make sense. "easier to train" is not an explanation of what makes a skill "profitable" so you cannot make that statement.

profitable means you get money from the skill (example: Abyssal rcing is very profitable because you can get a lot of money), it does NOT mean that the skill is easy to train, the term for that is called "easy". Profitable implies that the method somehow gains you cash. Cooking is NOT profitable because you lose money. It's not easy for that reason, it's easy for other reasons.

Furthermore, you claim that easy skills have higher motivations because they gain levels fast? Not really. The overall achievement is fairly weak and thus the only motivation is getting a cape. Having 99 in a hard skill serves as a much better motivator than having 99 in a weak skill like cooking. All this is my personal view. Different people are motivated by different things so they will find cooking has sufficient motivation. However, none of this has anything to do with profit!

Agility has fewer capes not because it's "unprofitable" (which is totally irrelevant since you don't even get cash from it) but because it's harder to train.

Go look up a definition of "profitable" or at least explain how you could possibly think that "profitable" means "easy to train".

Exactly

thats your opinion, and this is mine. Neither are wrong because the lines are obviously crossed.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Exactly

thats your opinion, and this is mine. Neither are wrong because the lines are obviously crossed.

:lol:

Wow, I've heard my share of evasion tactics, but that's a new one on me.

If you think you're right, defend your argument. Don't just go "oh, uh, that's your opinion, er... ya, it's just an opinion, and because I say so, without defending myself, it's just as valuable as mine". That's not how a debate works, and it's completely incorrect considering the fact that one of you (Solidus) is right, since this isn't a subjective matter.

Now, tell us, how does a skill offering less profit than another make it harder to train? If you think your opinion has any weight to it at all, you must have at least one rebuttal point for God's sake.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I don't really get what you said. But what I'm saying is everyone bashes cooking/fletching capes but not strength capes. I don't know if it is still this way because I am retired, but last time I checked more people had strength then cooking.

What i am saying is

str = noob

atk = pro

li_014.png

Although certain 99's are easier than others, it still takes a good amount of patience, time and effort to get one, even more to get two. and oglibrary, i don't think that having 99 str is being a noob... :-k

Nairb168.gif

Retired from runescape. I will be on every now and then though. :)

What i am saying is

str = noob

atk = pro

All combat capes aren't that "respectful" anymore. But yeah I do think attack is better than strength.
wpsig1ht5.gif

Any skill of 99 is greatly achieved and should not be bagged.

But, because cooking and fletching are WAY to easy to get, as all they require is cook/string X and are easy to buy, people think less of your great achievement.

Rather go for a 99 that is not really easy to get. Insted of wasting 4 months getting 99 cooking and 99 fletching, why not go for 99 agility,theiving? Those capes look good, have good emotes, don't cost. And they also don't have 25,000 other players with them. See what i'm saying?

I consider cooking and fletching capes just "junk", as they are obtained easy - Yet we are all entitled to an opinion.

- Agent

agent7771.png

Thank you Rebdragon, you saved me from writting a 3000 word post about how I hate people who can't accept being proven wrong and potentially getting myself in trouble for flaming :-X

Poopingman, learn what "profitable" means. Do not make me repeat myself again.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Sheesh, why won't this thing die already! lol

I dont think I've posted on this so i will =]

I think a 99 is a great achievement but if you head to a packed place i.e w.2 fally you will see a lot of purple and green capes everywhere whereas you dont catch many brown/white ones?

:notalk: cool emote <

Jamje.png

null and void

I feel that people forget that it is an achievement. Skill capes generally show that you have done something that few can do, but with cooking and fletching, its not overly difficult, so a lot of people have gotten them.

This in no way makes it less of an achievement, if you where the only person to have a mighty cooking cape, or the 1,000,000 person, you achieved the exact same thing. Its just people being ignorant or something when they put people down for having one of these capes. I know from experince that it is an accomplishment.

bestsignpic.png

2181st to 99 Runecrafting on 7/28/2009

No offense, fletch, cooking, fishing, wc are just noobish. Respect is not given. Earn it a hard way.

Offense taken, O pathetic Noobish one. Fishing and Woodcutting are known to be harder than Agility. Think about what you say before you say it. Your 99 attack? How many people have that again? More people than untrimmed cooking capes. Go to some other forum and show more respect.

[English translation needed]

No offense, fletch, cooking, fishing, wc are just noobish. Respect is not given. Earn it a hard way.

Offense taken, O pathetic Noobish one. Fishing and Woodcutting are known to be harder than Agility. Think about what you say before you say it. Your 99 attack? How many people have that again? More people than untrimmed cooking capes. Go to some other forum and show more respect.

danm chill ppl.

fletch is a good money maker if you do it right :D

they are also cheap obby capes with prayer bonus after getting 1 more 99 skills. you got ultimite lvl in a skill. you can do meny things with 99 :D

so i have much respect for ppl with 99. they used there time on something. the achieved a good thing.

so all the ppl who say 99 fletching is nothing. do it yourself :) cause 99 fletch and cook is ÃÆÃâÃâüber boring :-X

edit:

AaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaA if you gonna do that to all newcomers then go to an other forum yourself :-X

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Exactly

:lol:

Wow, I've heard my share of evasion tactics, but that's a new one on me.

If you think you're right, defend your argument. Don't just go "oh, uh, that's your opinion, er... ya, it's just an opinion, and because I say so, without defending myself, it's just as valuable as mine". That's not how a debate works, and it's completely incorrect considering the fact that one of you (Solidus) is right, since this isn't a subjective matter.

Now, tell us, how does a skill offering less profit than another make it harder to train? If you think your opinion has any weight to it at all, you must have at least one rebuttal point for God's sake.

Maybe because I grow weary of bickering about fickle topics with you people.

We obviously have differing views on the term "easy", as this seems to be the root of the matter. You guys appear to be isolating the skill-training from the actual profit received from it, resulting in no difference in ease no matter how much profit is made from a skill (your theory).

I, however, am looking at the skill from a wider perspective (apparently thats eviiiiiiiil), taking into account other outside factors (i.e. profit) that help motivate players to train skills longer and harder. In my eyes, thats considered easier, to you guys, its not. What I'm not going to do is have my good name sullied over such trivial debates, so theres my unequivocal conclusion to this matter.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

We obviously have differing views on the term "easy", as this seems to be the root of the matter. You guys appear to be isolating the skill-training from the actual profit received from it, resulting in no difference in ease no matter how much profit is made from a skill (your theory).

I, however, am looking at the skill from a wider perspective (apparently thats eviiiiiiiil), taking into account other outside factors (i.e. profit) that help motivate players to train skills longer and harder. In my eyes, thats considered easier, to you guys, its not. What I'm not going to do is have my good name sullied over such trivial debates, so theres my unequivocal conclusion to this matter.

I frankly don't mind having a different opinion on what's a better motivator and it's perfectly acceptable that you consider easy skills as better motivators (even if I disagree). However the definition of a word is not a subject to debate and I cannot believe that you STILL do not know what the damn word "profitable" means.

What I'm not going to do is have my good name sullied over such trivial debates

I honestly don't think that the name poopingman can be sullied over a trivial debate :roll: . As far as I'm concerned however, your reputation just got broken when you blatantly ignored and insisted on debating the definition of a word and then just used some lame evasive tactic.

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I frankly don't mind having a different opinion on what's a better motivator and it's perfectly acceptable that you consider easy skills as better motivators (even if I disagree). However the definition of a word is not a subject to debate and I cannot believe that you STILL do not know what the damn word "profitable" means.

What I'm not going to do is have my good name sullied over such trivial debates

I honestly don't think that the name poopingman can be sullied over a trivial debate :roll: . As far as I'm concerned however, your reputation just got broken when you blatantly ignored and insisted on debating the definition of a word and then just used some lame evasive tactic.

Personal insults will get you nowhere against me, and I don't call that much of a rebuttal, since when were we debating about the definition of a word? Ditch this.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Personal insults will get you nowhere against me, and I don't call that much of a rebuttal, since when were we debating about the definition of a word? Ditch this.

This whole debate has been about how you don't know what "profitable" means. Next time try and read other people's arguments.

BlueSig6.jpg

But you didn't offer a rebuttal. You just said the same thing, your opinion, and decided that it was equal without defending it in any way, shape, or form. We don't think your opinion is "evil" ( :lol: , attempted straw man?), we just think it's wrong. As of yet, again, you have not given a reason why a skill becomes more difficult if there is less positive profit waiting at the end.

And quite it with the holier than thou attitude if you're going to wholeheartedly get into a debate but in the end get nowhere near a quarter of the way through it.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

• 1 month later...
Well, i am 99 cooking and 99 fletching, and the amount of abuse i get from people is unbelieveable, why does no-one respect it?

after all, it still takes a good month or 2 between 70-99, ok so all you do is stand there and fletch or cook but at the end of the day who cares? its still two 99's right? so not only do you get a sexy trimmed cape but lots of total levels with it.

not only this but they are AFK skills, so you can do your homework or play on your games console at the same time or something, i think its very good mmkay?

they are very easy to get, i understand where the abusers are coming from, but at the end of the day? stop flaming and go get it yourself, its another 2 capes right?

so your thoughts about 99 cookers and fletchers?

NO SPEM PLAZ

Well chelsea, I'm right there with ya bud, I'm 99 cooking and 99 fletching, and nothing else, they are the only two capes I have.

And, believe it or not, they are actual work, I can't stand people who walk around (not even having a cape) and put down my capes, saying"oh thats a noob cape, too easy to get" so i tell them. Well if it's so "EASY" to get, why dont YOU! DO IT yourself?? Shouldnt I be seeing YOU in them both also? since they're such noob capes, i guess you're below noob then. That's what I tell them, after all, they are actually a lot of work, yes they may not be as much work as 99 farming, but then again, what is? Yes they may not even be as much work as 99 str, but then again, they were still a lot of work, a lot of time, a lot of my hand hurting to do it, and I think that people should show a little respect for anyone with any cape no matter what cape it is be it trimmed or not. So, as for my opinion, I think that you did a great job on achieving the two skills that I myself have and that I think are very great skills to have and be a 'master' of instead of being a master of what some others are which is 'criticism'. So, have a nice time wearing your capes and wear 'em proud for all of us :P

Leds_My_Name.png

I don't disrespect them but I do hate the fletching cape... just so damn ugly #-o[/quotet]

thank you for another great insult from the 'critisism' people, I don't hate you for it, you've got a right to say that it's ugly it's your opinion but adding the curse word just made it worse, I ask you why?, why are you going to go on a topic trying to give a little respect for these capes and say what you say?

Leds_My_Name.png

Most people who mock it have NO 99's.. and as for it being easy.. NO it takes months to get it, sure, not as long as some-but still a very long and boring skill!

ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâãÃÆÃââââ¬ÃºMBÃÆÃââââ¬Ã¦ ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆÃââââ¬Ã¡ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâéK

lumba__jack.gif

lumba__jack.png

lumba__jack.png