What Are YOUR Views On 99 Fletching And Cooking?

Oh joy, it's back :roll:

Most people who mock it have NO 99's.. and as for it being easy.. NO it takes months to get it, sure, not as long as some-but still a very long and boring skill!

ENOUGH with the exaggerations. They both take 2 weeks with a "normal" playing time. If you play a lot (5 hours a day and more in weekends, that's "a lot" by my standards) it will take even less than that. Not to mention these are AFK skills, meaning you can click and relax. And if they weren't easy enough already, they cost very little compared to all the other "buyable skills"

Being proud to wear the cape is being proud to have stood 2 weeks doing something fairly easy. It's being proud to be in the top 30000 players :roll:. 2 weeks for an "ultimate achievement" skill-wise is really not all that long.

I don't like when people go for the cook/fletch combo (and if they follow up with firemaking then that's not really any better). They are just getting a skillcape for the sake of being part of the "people with skillcapes".

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally give less respect to 99 cooking/fletching+cape than I do for 80 mining+normal purple cape.

Why? Because both of those skills are nothing more than a joke: if you can do it with virtually no cash, don't require a lot of clicking and it's actually fast unlike some skills, what's the point?

Money is one reason why people stay away from leveling many skills to 99. We can just compare the amount of 99 smithers to 99 cooks for example. We currently have over 28k people with 99 cooking and the person who is ranked to be 28000th in smithing has lvl 74. They both are almost as fast to train (now counting with steel bars) but one costs you few mils and one can be done for zero loss or maybe even profit. Same goes for fletching.

Cooking and fletching aren't anything more than watching animations, buying materials and getting rid of ending productions. With this lack of work, I don't see a reason why I should give any value to these skills. Heck, I was drunk almost whole time I was going from lvl 90 to 99 cooking and yet I was gaining almost the same xp as I do when I'm sober. Try doing the same with runecrafting for example.... Also if you add that easiness to the fact that they both are dirty fast xp, it gives you a pretty good answer why they aren't respected.

Like I've said multiple times, I give no value to those capes and don't see 99 cooking and/or fletching as any special achievment as I don't see 1,5k overall or lvl 56 slayer either. They are just levels that you can take if you want but they don't require anything special from you.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Most people who mock it have NO 99's.. and as for it being easy.. NO it takes months to get it, sure, not as long as some-but still a very long and boring skill!

Please, Cooking takes all but 2 weeks to get, and fletching you make a profit and doesnt take long either.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

So what about all of us that got our 99 cooking before "Cook x" existed.

Even more so , what about all of us that got our 99 fletching before "cut x bows" or whatever existed.

Do we deserve this "respect" you all talk of? Because when I was rank 3 fletching and had to click knife log , knife log, etc etc etc it sure as hell wasn't "easy" or "an AFK" skill.

Neither was cooking when you had to click each food, then fire, the food, then fire.

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

I respect anyone who has the patience to get 13 million exp, no matter the skill. Hell, I've been playing for over 3 years and I don't even have that much total exp. ::'

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

So what about all of us that got our 99 cooking before "Cook x" existed.

Even more so , what about all of us that got our 99 fletching before "cut x bows" or whatever existed.

Do we deserve this "respect" you all talk of? Because when I was rank 3 fletching and had to click knife log , knife log, etc etc etc it sure as hell wasn't "easy" or "an AFK" skill.

Neither was cooking when you had to click each food, then fire, the food, then fire.

Ok i was around before the Cut X thing. And you could get even MORE exp than now!

As for cooking, i wasnt around then, no say in that.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

just say to them "wheres your 99 cooking and fletching capes"

I truly dont see the point in that argument. Some people don't wan't them because they're too easy. Like me for example. I had the patience for 99 Range. Just because i don't want to have 99 Cooking or Fletching means i dont have the patience for that?

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

:roll: x2.

Okay, let's randomly cut this post up to properly examine the mindset of a player who desperately defends the "pride" and "veneration" of the Cooking and Fletching capes.

think that people should show a little respect for anyone with any cape no matter what cape it is be it trimmed or not.

Vital point. This player has the mindset that all capes should be respected, regardless of difference in difficulty. A near necessary mindset for those who seem to have a need to respect or be respected for the Cook/Fletch combination.

Well chelsea, I'm right there with ya bud, I'm 99 cooking and 99 fletching, and nothing else, they are the only two capes I have.

This is a VERY vital point. This player has the capes, and thus feels a need to protect his own hide and pride. Rare is the player on this side of the argument who neither has the capes nor aspires to get them.

I can't stand people who walk around (not even having a cape) and put down my capes, saying"oh thats a noob cape, too easy to get" so i tell them. Well if it's so "EASY" to get, why dont YOU! DO IT yourself?? Shouldnt I be seeing YOU in them both also? since they're such noob capes, i guess you're below noob then.

Not a vital aspect of the mindset, but this is quite common. The player feels a heightened sense of self by the very fact that he has a skill cape at all, and thus feels he has a right to call himself "above" those who do not, claiming that because he put the work in (however minimal) to get [X] cape, he is above all who have not done the same thing he has done. See [egotism].

That's what I tell them, after all, they are actually a lot of work, yes they may not be as much work as 99 farming, but then again, what is?

Ah, one can not forget to examine the importance of denial in forming said opinion.

Yes they may not even be as much work as 99 str, but then again, they were still a lot of work, a lot of time, a lot of my hand hurting to do it,

The denial is often, though not always, extended for a period of nearly half a dozen lines. Here, this player appears to believe that Cooking and Fletching, relatively, cause ones hand to hurt. This denial of difficulty is compiled on top of the denial towards the amount of work required for the skills, further emphasizing it's existence. An interesting specimen indeed.

So, as for my opinion, I think that you did a great job on achieving the two skills

Ah, but of course, the hidden message in every post. The Cooking/Fletching cape enthusiast almost always congratulates other owners of said capes, in a way as to protect the clan through organization and free backscratching. With dozens of thousands strong in this organization, this kind of self-appreciation can provide a viable, yet unrealistic, form of defense.

that I myself have and that I think are very great skills to have and be a 'master' of instead of being a master of what some others are which is 'criticism'. So, have a nice time wearing your capes and wear 'em proud for all of us :P

Ah, one can not forget the over-usage of such terminology as "master" and "perfect", considering the technical maxing of the skill. Be wary of such terminology though- it is misleading, even if there is technical weight to it.

And of course, a member of this organization can not forget to again create more self-appreciation in the group, and the ending statement is often a great place to do this. Without self-appreciation and gang-tactics, this group of tens of thousands of players would have little to know defense against the tyranny of criticism. Thankfully for them they are organized, large, and powerful in unison.

~

This is an interesting specimen indeed; in one post shown to be a near perfect paragon for the Cooking/Fletching admiring player, and yet deep enough into self-love and denial as to provide perfect examples of the extent to which players can go in this organization.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I have fletching cook and firemaking. I view people that have a 99 but all theyre other stats are horrible as idiots because they did it just for the skill cape not the love of the skill. I did do fletching though just for a golden cape 3 fletching.

just say to them "wheres your 99 cooking and fletching capes"

Haven't felt wasting 99k on an item that has zero value to me and I got a better alternative for same price.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

ENOUGH with the exaggerations. They both take 2 weeks with a "normal" playing time. If you play a lot (5 hours a day and more in weekends, that's "a lot" by my standards) it will take even less than that. Not to mention these are AFK skills, meaning you can click and relax. And if they weren't easy enough already, they cost very little compared to all the other "buyable skills"

Being proud to wear the cape is being proud to have stood 2 weeks doing something fairly easy. It's being proud to be in the top 30000 players :roll:. 2 weeks for an "ultimate achievement" skill-wise is really not all that long.

I don't like when people go for the cook/fletch combo (and if they follow up with firemaking then that's not really any better). They are just getting a skillcape for the sake of being part of the "people with skillcapes".

i'm sorry but fletching does not take 2 weeks and neither does cooking. Cooking at a "normal" rate as you say, takes 3 weeks, from 80. Fletching at a "normal" rate, as you say, takes a month from 80. Those are just the facts, not 2 months, not 2 weeks, but 3 weeks for cooking and one month for fletching, i've been there, done that.

Leds_My_Name.png

A 99 is NOT a 99.

People rate achievement capes for how hard to get or rare they are, as well as what they look like and their emotes are. And if you think about it, both these skills need a little bit money to start with, have very high experience rates and you can make some money training them. On top of all that, they are two of the least rare skill capes in runescape. So they are easy to get, common, and even look quite bad compared to all other skill capes.

As for the primary reason- the flood of 99s in those skills started at the point jagex released achievement capes- every newbie takes the easy way out and gets two of the easiest skills to max, just to get the rubbish cape.

Now the question should be, Why should we respect people that have taken the easiest route to their goal?

"Easy to get"?

I doubt that any 99s are 'easy'. Sure, there are some that are a bit easier than others, and more common, but everybody with 99 in either cooking or fletching has taken a fair bit of time to try and achieve it.

You should note that not everybody gets capes because they're 'easy'. Some people try and get the skillcape because they ENJOY training the skill. That's something that a lot of people forget - they spend so long training that they forget that RuneScape is there for people who want to have fun and enjoy themselves.

So, to the tens of thousands of you with a skillcape in cooking or fletching - CONGRATULATIONS. The morons who laugh at you are either jealous or the type of nerd who has 99 in a supposedly more difficult skill. As long as you're proud of the achievement, it doesn't matter what any of those jerks have to say about it :D

Plugpoint92 ::'

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

i'm sorry but fletching does not take 2 weeks and neither does cooking. Cooking at a "normal" rate as you say, takes 3 weeks, from 80. Fletching at a "normal" rate, as you say, takes a month from 80. Those are just the facts, not 2 months, not 2 weeks, but 3 weeks for cooking and one month for fletching, i've been there, done that.

For 99 cooking in 3 weeks it's 3 hours a day (including weekends). From what I've heard, that's a little on the low side considering people play a lot more on weekends. Most people can get get it done in two weeks, your inability to do so does not prove otherwise. Besides, there's the whole problem of my "normal" being different from your "normal".

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I won't tell someone with one of those capes that I don't think much of them, that is just rude. I personally believe there are more fun things to do with your time, neither 99 really is extremely beneficial and I think it is pretty lame to get one for the sake of it.

For 99 cooking in 3 weeks it's 3 hours a day (including weekends). From what I've heard, that's a little on the low side considering people play a lot more on weekends. Most people can get get it done in two weeks, your inability to do so does not prove otherwise. Besides, there's the whole problem of my "normal" being different from your "normal".

ok well, I think we are talking about two seperate things, for one I think you are saying it's two weeks if you already have all supplies and do not need to buy and sell, because if that's what you're saying then yes, it would be only 2 weeks, but let me tell you, when you have to stand in edgeville bank on 18 for hours selling thousands of c shark, then stand on 2 for hours buying raws, i gurantee you will have a different view.

As for fletching, I did 99 fletching back before 'string-x', not before 'cut-x', but it still made the fletching process very much time consuming halfway the old fashioned way. I only had 500k to start off my fletching road, and therefore I was only able to do about 1k yews at a time, very very much aggrivating and time consuming. Plus, you do make money, but, you have to do about 70k yew longs from 80-99, can you imagine doing that 1k by 1k? yes, after i had made about 20k of them, i had made enough money to start doing in about 3ks, ok, so we got 40k more to do in 3ks, not very easy I say.

It also depends on your money level, you having 99 rc and 99 construction, are in the clear where-as lower lvl players with only about 1m to spend at a time, are basicly shot, with that you can only buy 4k raw shark, so.. around 44k shark from 80 to 94... gonna take a bit, and when it comes to shark, even worse, only about 1k shark, takes about an hour to cook, then its back to selling and buying it, I only had 2.8m to use for my cooking, so it was not very easy, and very time consuming.

Leds_My_Name.png

i have no 99's.

But i don't respect cooking or fletching, mainly because there so easy to train up. If i wanted to i could get both to 99 in a month if that.

If you have a Runecraft or a slayer cape, wow man you can have all my respect cause they are hard and very time consuming.

If im honest i don't respect any skill you can buy.

Construction is the only exception there because its so dam expensive.

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

ok well, I think we are talking about two seperate things, for one I think you are saying it's two weeks if you already have all supplies and do not need to buy and sell, because if that's what you're saying then yes, it would be only 2 weeks, but let me tell you, when you have to stand in edgeville bank on 18 for hours selling thousands of c shark, then stand on 2 for hours buying raws, i gurantee you will have a different view.

As for fletching, I did 99 fletching back before 'string-x', not before 'cut-x', but it still made the fletching process very much time consuming halfway the old fashioned way. I only had 500k to start off my fletching road, and therefore I was only able to do about 1k yews at a time, very very much aggrivating and time consuming. Plus, you do make money, but, you have to do about 70k yew longs from 80-99, can you imagine doing that 1k by 1k? yes, after i had made about 20k of them, i had made enough money to start doing in about 3ks, ok, so we got 40k more to do in 3ks, not very easy I say.

It also depends on your money level, you having 99 rc and 99 construction, are in the clear where-as lower lvl players with only about 1m to spend at a time, are basicly shot, with that you can only buy 4k raw shark, so.. around 44k shark from 80 to 94... gonna take a bit, and when it comes to shark, even worse, only about 1k shark, takes about an hour to cook, then its back to selling and buying it, I only had 2.8m to use for my cooking, so it was not very easy, and very time consuming.

Well that would explain everything, because yes the players who "got it in 2 weeks" of course ignored the time it took to make the money. Now, as important as that may be, it is too hard to keep track of and, since people have different incomes (some even luck-based) you can't possibly come up with a number for the time it takes to get the cash. So I'll change my previous claim to this:

With the sharks/yews in bank, it takes 2 weeks to get the skill to 99 on a "normal schedule" (meaning about 5 hours per day, yes it's high because of weekends) with the current "x"-abilities.

BlueSig6.jpg

Well that would explain everything, because yes the players who "got it in 2 weeks" of course ignored the time it took to make the money. Now, as important as that may be, it is too hard to keep track of and, since people have different incomes (some even luck-based) you can't possibly come up with a number for the time it takes to get the cash. So I'll change my previous claim to this:

With the sharks/yews in bank, it takes 2 weeks to get the skill to 99 on a "normal schedule" (meaning about 5 hours per day, yes it's high because of weekends) with the current "x"-abilities.

ok now you've got it, we're both on the right path. I agree it may take 2 weeks for both, on a normal schedule if you already have the supplies ready to go. :)

Leds_My_Name.png

i have no 99's.

But i don't respect cooking or fletching, mainly because there so easy to train up. If i wanted to i could get both to 99 in a month if that.

Hypocrite?

Anyways, 99 fletching is impossible to do in 2 weeks because string all cut it's xp by ALOT.