What Are YOUR Views On 99 Fletching And Cooking?

I have 99 cooking and I found it to be one of the easiest things in the game to do. Bank. Use food on fire. Wait 2 minutes. Bank and repeat. I don't really view 99 cooking as an achievement.

99 fletching now requires almost as little work as 99 cooking with the introduction of string-x. You just have to bank more often. That said, I don't look down on those who only have 99 fletching or cooking as their only 99s.

99 firemaking I respect though. It requires concentration and I find it to be deathly repetitive.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Respect? For that? No..

A 99 is not just a 99, its the time it takes to get said 99 or (construction) the amount of sheer cash it takes to get that 99... FM 'burn 100k logs OMFGZ dats uber leet?' Or mining, over 350k iron ore, personally i no what i respect more.. 'stand in one place for 2 weeks' or run back and forth to cheadle/dureal for darn slayer tasks; I knwo what i respect more.. 'stand in one place and cut and string over and over again, with an x option so you dont even have to be at your screen' or spend (100+ [cons] 60+ [herby]) On a proper skill, i know which i respect more.

I'M SICK AND BLOODY TIRED OF HEARING ANY 99 IS STILL A 99 AND DESERVES RESPECT. It doesn't.

I personally rank many acheivents over 99 cook or fletch or even both. Maybe to an extent fm to..

I no i dont have a 99, flame me now, but my rcing for a start (rank) would have me well into the 99 fm/cook/many others for a 99. Sure grats you got a 99.

But for the love of god do not expect me to follow you around praising the ground you walked on just as you got one of those 99s. I won't insult you as thats wrong, just dont expect any congratulations for you'acheivment'.

The most ill do for you is phase out the fact your in the cape and ignore it as imo its barely worth the 99k you spent on it. Infact id have more respect for a 99 fletcher with no cape (or cooker..)

Just my 2 pence...

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)

if I disliked them then I wouldn't do them.

That's quite a lucky coincidence for you that you just happen to love the four skills that are easiest to get a cape in.

Woodcutting is nowhere near the easiest.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

It's a 99, respect it

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

well i guess no1 does respect em but they are very nice skills to have so u dont burn anything and stuff

id like to see all those noobs get 99 cooking or fletching

even if a person buys all the logs, feathers, arrow tips and fish that is still respectable coz imagine how many tunas or lobs u need to get from lvl 1 to 99 so the person had to raise millions somehow and that is what the cape stands for

making the money or cathing the fish/cutting down the trees or generally making the effort to get that skill to 99

knight95007.png

While there are times I wish i had 99 cook (fletching is a redundant skill in my eyes, no reason to train past 85 aside from money)

No reason to get it past 85? If you can catch dragon imps, it is very handy to have 95+ fletch to make dragon arrows and darts if you are lucky enough to get the bolts and arrow heads.

On to the main point, cooking and fletching, compared to other skills in 99 are not as impressive and at times I can understand why people with rarer 99s think that these two skills arn't very good.

But the only thing that annoys me is people who don't even have lvl 99s and they dont respect people with 99 fletching and cooking.

When I just had 99 fletching, I had about 10 people who came up to me and told me 99 fletching was pathetic. None of these people had 99s and probably not even a level past 80.

So in conclusion, these two skills are not as great as many others but they should still be respected as a 99 because they did take a lot of time to achieve.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

I don't mind them as a "warm up" or "first 99" but I don't like it when people make it their final goal. Or just use them as a way to be part of the "skillcape owners". There's nothing exceptional about these capes due to their numbers and the motives of the people going for them.

I'm also not a huge fan of the "all 99 skills are achievements" idea. 2 weeks spent on an afk skill is not even close to the months of patience and determination needed for some of the hard skills. There are plenty of achievements that are not 99s that surpass 99 fletching/cooking. We know for a fact that some skills are easier than others therefore, some 99s are much harder than others and all the achievements are most certainly not equal.

The irony of the situation is that many people go for 99 fletching/cooking for bragging rights or for pride. However those two capes are so widespread that there is really not that much pride attributed to them. In fact people are more often insulted for choosing the easiest 99 capes. In my eyes, these skillcapes are not admirable and it is does not represent incredible determination or patience. It represents "the easy way out". Nothing impressive.

I do not really have much respect for people who choose the two dead easiest skills and then proclaim themselves "proud owner of cooking/fletching cape". That's effectively saying "proud to be in the top 20k players". It just doesn't make me feel impressed when someone has gone for a cape that I see so often.

I can understand if someone has gone for 99 cooking/fletching as a "warm up" since the first 99 is usually the hardest and I can understand that from a strategic point of view. As long as the person has some goals in other skills past 99 fletching/cooking (and if their other skill is something actually challenging) I can respect them and their choices.

Some of you have mentioned jealousy as a reason behind the criticism, that makes sense, and I don't think people should be so openly rude just because they feel insecure themselves. However that jealousy only applies for people who have no skillcapes. Not for people who already have 99s in skills that greatly surpass 99 fletching/cooking.

Now, in response directly to the author of the thread

after all, it still takes a good month or 2 between 70-99, ok so all you do is stand there and fletch or cook but at the end of the day who cares? its still two 99's right? so not only do you get a sexy trimmed cape but lots of total levels with it.

This is a blatant exaggeration of the facts. It takes 2 weeks or so to get 70-99 cooking/fletching not 2 months. Big difference. Cooking and fletching simply do not require a great amount of work compared to other skills.

Also, you ask who cares if it's easy to get? well that's the point! They have little respect because they are so easy to get.

The idea that they are "still two 99s" implies that they are just like the other skills. That's not at all the case, they are far easier than some of the skills out their so no, in fact, they are not "still two 99s". And by "sexy trimmed cape" you should say "a sexy cape just like the 20k other people who have them". Their looks are a matter of taste, their "rarity" is a matter of numbers and they are most certainly not rare.

not only this but they are AFK skills, so you can do your homework or play on your games console at the same time or something, i think its very good mmkay?

"good", in this case means "easy". We know for a fact that, the easier a goal is to achieve, the less admirable it will be. Therefore, since you point out just how easy these skills are to get you are effectively pointing out how un-admirable they are.

they are very easy to get, i understand where the abusers are coming from, but at the end of the day? stop flaming and go get it yourself, its another 2 capes right?

No, it's not "just another two capes", the skillcapes amongst themselves are most certainly not equal. Getting 99 slayer holds A LOT more admiration than getting 99 cooking/fletching. You just cannot say the two achievements are equal. Therefore this who idea of all skills being equal or all 99 achievements being equal is just an illusion. They are not equal at all.

As soon as I saw this topic I expected that post. I remember debating on this a while back, and again Soldius never fails on this subject. :P

Now to my point. I walked around with an untrimmed cooking cape on my back from December to June, and I have to agree that everyone here defending the capes are wrong. I think 99 cooking and Fletching are too easy to be admired.

Why say admired and not respected? Because no skill in this game deserves respect. Admiration, yes. The capes do not in any way earn respect(from me). Why? Because, say someone lures to pay for 99 Construction. Would that make you respect them? I mean, they have the 99 and the cape, right? Thats what you guys are saying. You think the 99 deserves respect and that it should be given to anyone with the 99.

Admire what the person has done, and congradulate them for it. Don't respect them for it. Respect the person behind the pixels. Think of it this way. If everyone on RS had the same stats, who would you respect? Thats who you should respect in this game, the people that deserve it, not that stats that "deserve" it.

Don't believe the average RSer thinks what I just described them as thinking?

It's a 99, respect it

I rest my case.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Everyone need to start somewhere. Try 99 slayer as your first 99 skill and you will fail. Try 99 Flectching/cooking as your first 99 and you will make it. Then after you can set other goal that take either more money or time to get to 99 and you might to it. You will say to yourself: "I got 99 fletching, I sure can get 99 *insert harder skill name here*"

oie_080707215636np9.png

Every time I look at a player who has taken the time to acheive a 99 Skill, I congratulate them. As many people are lazy and don't like training, These players Trained until they could go no further. I'm proud, and look up to those with Skill Capes! =D>

<3: O'Ducky

-

In addition to my post...

Remember our upcoming TEP Event "The Great Race", Sure to be a blast! Come enjoy with your friends on runescape!

(See This Thread For Details, PM For Questions)

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=704425

-Posts On The TEP Calendar Thread WELCOME!

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

I got those two "easy 99 skills" too. People are like "noob cook cape! i got 99 in a week with sharks!" and I tell them I got it to 80 with trouts and salmon, then just lobsters till 99 in F2P (I was poor, don't flame). They shut up. I mean, why flame/insult people with cooking/fletching cape, what's it to you anyway and how does it affect your game? I don't think there are a lot of people (if there are, shame on them) who go around saying "Praise me for having 99 cooking and fletching capes!" I, for one, am not asking respect or ask to be praised, I just wish people stop insulting or calling people noob just because they have it.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

You know why they are not respected?

Because getting all skills 40+ is Harder then getting both 99 fletching and cooking.

And you know what else? I am going to get flame by the people who have 99 fletching and cooking.

Lol? That crossed the line pretty badly. You are going to get some serious flame on that. How bout you try to stand hours at one place, cutting bows, trying to find a guy that sells bowstrings? I'm not saying 99 fletching is hard to get because I know it isn't. But all skills 40+ harder than getting 99... geez.

I havent personally got any respect with my fletching cape yet, and I'm not expecting any. I don't care what people think about it. But I've noticed that most people who flame about "easy 99s" don't have one, or hard. Fletching is a pretty good way to make some money, thats the main reason I goed for 99. The game has so many players nowadays, so I think its understandable that these skills that are easier to train also have more 99s in them. Rs2 is one of the biggest reasons aswell, Fletching wasn't easy skill on RSC.

LOL?

Try making nats 25k of nats for 70 rcing

try buy all the herbs/seconds and selling them for 75 Herb

Try getting 70 Farming

Try getting all skills 70+

Yea all those are 20 times harder and 10 times better then 99 Fletching AND Cooking.

I don't get it, you said 40+ is harder, he said it wasn't, then you went off at him saying 70+ is waaay better.

10 times better?

So if i spent 2.5 years getting fletch AND cook, you couldn't get every stat to 70?

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Now the question should be, Why should we respect people that have taken the easiest route to their goal?

I take offense to this question. From your post you are conveying that you do not respect players that have level 99 in Fletching or Cooking. I find this extremely ignorant. A 99 is a 99, whether it's Cooking or Herblore. Have you ever considered that some players actually like these skills just for what they are? I've been a fan of Fletching ever since it's release and had absolutely no second thoughts about leveling it to 99.

Kilwest.png

They're getting a bit too common now adays and they're just :-X

O well I guess they are easier and be gotten in a month each so it was expected to happen.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Now the question should be, Why should we respect people that have taken the easiest route to their goal?

I take offense to this question. From your post you are conveying that you do not respect players that have level 99 in Fletching or Cooking. I find this extremely ignorant. A 99 is a 99, whether it's Cooking or Herblore. Have you ever considered that some players actually like these skills just for what they are? I've been a fan of Fletching ever since it's release and had absolutely no second thoughts about leveling it to 99.

How dare you say that 99 fletching is just like 99 herblore! One of them is one of the hardest skills, the other is one of the easiest. The gap in difficulty is so severe. If you have gone for 99 fletching or cooking for a cape you are choosing the easiest 99, that may not be your only motive however the fact remains true. Don't even think for a second that your 2 week spent getting 99 fletching is worth anything close to the months of effort put into 99 herblore. Not all 99 skills are equal. Some are extremely difficult compared to others. You are the ignorant once since you just assume they are all equal.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Everyone need to start somewhere. Try 99 slayer as your first 99 skill and you will fail. Try 99 Flectching/cooking as your first 99 and you will make it. Then after you can set other goal that take either more money or time to get to 99 and you might to it. You will say to yourself: "I got 99 fletching, I sure can get 99 *insert harder skill name here*"

Exactly. 99 Cooking/Flething are both "warm up" 99s. They give you the confidence and ability to get another. The first 99 is the hardest, and it should prepare you for the rest of your 99s to come.

I understand you being proud of your cape, I was too. But don't demand respect for it. If some guys randomly flames you for having the cape(s), then tell him why you got it. Don't try to make them "respect" your cape. It isn't going to happen.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

As said they are "warm ups".

And what most people fail to realise is that the levels get harder after a while so people say I get 80 fletching in for example a week, so I could get 99 in less than 2 weeks.

Also they usually shut up about my 99 fletching when I tell them my story : I had 88 fletching when CUT-X came for fletching and got 97 fletching over a year before capes were introduced and ran out of members. Then I took 99 shortly before capes.

Retired

Ex-E174

Ex-Venqeance

[Ex-Tha Familia3]

Most people fail to realise the levels get harder after a while so people say I get 80 fletching in for example a week, so I could get 99 in less than 2 weeks.

who told you that? :-s I'm pretty sure that someone who got a skill to 50 will have noticed that the exp increases exponentially, people also know 13m exp is required for a 99, and that 2m exp is needed for 80.

99 fletching can be achieved in 2 weeks by the way.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I'm 99 Cooking, and Fletching. I don't know why people think fletching is so easy. It is one of the easier skills to get 99 in but still it takes a lot of time and money.

Cooking...I feel it is very easy but still should be respected to some point.

delimli7.jpg