What Are YOUR Views On 99 Fletching And Cooking?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did it because I really do enjoy firemaking. It's not easy though, so don't say it is when you won't even do it

Nobody said that getting a 99 in firemaking, cooking, or fletching is "easy." What others said, and what I said was that it is a lot easier than getting a 99 in something like runecrafting or slayer. To be more precise, I included the firemaking cape among the "easiest" quest capes to get. None of them is "easy" (like killing a goblin), but compared to one of the harder capes, those capes are relatively "easy." Does that help clear things up?

punitivedsig.png

I don't disrespect them but I do hate the fletching cape... just so damn ugly #-o

I wonder whether Jagex intentionally made the easier capes uglier so that there would be less incentive to get them?

It does seem that the harder capes to get look the best and have the best emotes. The prayer emote is one of the coolest things I've seen in Runescape.

punitivedsig.png

Thanks Solidus, saved me the time of posting that, and even more time in trying to type it as brilliantly and calmly as you did ::' .

So, for the sake of brevity and lazyness, here is my point:

worthlesshighscoressn8.png

worthlesshighscores2fd1.png

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I did it because I really do enjoy firemaking. It's not easy though, so don't say it is when you won't even do it

Nobody said that getting a 99 in firemaking, cooking, or fletching is "easy." What others said, and what I said was that it is a lot easier than getting a 99 in something like runecrafting or slayer. To be more precise, I included the firemaking cape among the "easiest" quest capes to get. None of them is "easy" (like killing a goblin), but compared to one of the harder capes, those capes are relatively "easy." Does that help clear things up?

yeah I see what you mean, I just don't like it being lumped in with cooking or fletching haha :D

no hard feelings, I just think firemaking kind of gets overlooked as a tedious skill because it's easily buyable and doesn't take a whole lot of time if you have the patience.

dino_da_gino.png

its cause they cant get it themselves

and it is a 99 skill

the only reason besides jelousy is that it is easy to get as it only takes about 2 months (1.5 and counting for me ;P) and does not require many clicks

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

You know why they are not respected?

Because getting all skills 40+ is Harder then getting both 99 fletching and cooking.

And you know what else? I am going to get flame by the people who have 99 fletching and cooking.

gorillabones.png

Barrow Items: 45 (3 Guthan Spears)(12/25/06)(1/1/07)(04/07/07)

Proud Owner Of Quest Cape SINCE the day it came out

Got Visage July 31, 2007

Visage #2 August 4th, 2008

AFTER ONE HOUR of googeling i'v came to the conclusion that there is no game called real life :evil:

I respect fletching alot more thne cooking, taken me aabout 1 1/2 months for fletch, and 3 weeks for cooking.

Also, cooking you need quite a bit of money as you lose about 1.5m, and fletching you have to get a decent amount of supplies.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Fletching was my first 99, and I will admit that I did it partially for the cape. But I also did it for the Mage exp. I RCed my own nats and even got 85 Mining to mine Runite while I alched my 41k bows. But Cooking, I found to be totally boring. At least with Fletching, the stringing kept me engaged and was even faster than cooking(got 99 before string x). Also, I was 80 Cooking and 92 Attack at the time, and I loved combat.

It made way more sense to trim the cape doing something slower that I loved(I did Slayer/tried to get a Visage for 99 Attack) as opposed to something quicker that I found boring. I respect people with 99 Fletching or Cooking unless they start bragging like crazy, they think they "own" me, or that their cape is just as good as my Prayer cape or my 4 non pced Melee capes. I have the 18k raw lobs to get 90 Cooking banked. I'll get to it "eventually", lol.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Thanks Solidus, saved me the time of posting that, and even more time in trying to type it as brilliantly and calmly as you did ::' .

So, for the sake of brevity and lazyness, here is my point:

worthlesshighscoressn8.png

worthlesshighscores2fd1.png

You're welcome ::' , and thankyou for doing the skill look-up. Looks like I had overestimated fletching and cooking yet again.

also, lol at the name of the file: "worthless highscores"

the only reason besides jelousy is that it is easy to get as it only takes about 2 months (1.5 and counting for me ;P) and does not require many clicks

Quite honestly that's really long for 99 cooking. Usually that skill can be done in 2 weeks fairly easily.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Because getting all skills 40+ is Harder then getting both 99 fletching and cooking.

And you know what else? I am going to get flame by the people who have 99 fletching and cooking.

Lol? That crossed the line pretty badly. You are going to get some serious flame on that. How bout you try to stand hours at one place, cutting bows, trying to find a guy that sells bowstrings? I'm not saying 99 fletching is hard to get because I know it isn't. But all skills 40+ harder than getting 99... geez.

I havent personally got any respect with my fletching cape yet, and I'm not expecting any. I don't care what people think about it. But I've noticed that most people who flame about "easy 99s" don't have one, or hard. Fletching is a pretty good way to make some money, thats the main reason I goed for 99. The game has so many players nowadays, so I think its understandable that these skills that are easier to train also have more 99s in them. Rs2 is one of the biggest reasons aswell, Fletching wasn't easy skill on RSC.

Fletching 99 Achieved 8th of October 07 || Attack 99 Achieved 3th of November 08 || Max Questpoints 7th of November 08

Lol? That crossed the line pretty badly. You are going to get some serious flame on that. How bout you try to stand hours at one place, cutting bows, trying to find a guy that sells bowstrings? I'm not saying 99 fletching is hard to get because I know it isn't. But all skills 40+ harder than getting 99... geez.

I havent personally got any respect with my fletching cape yet, and I'm not expecting any. I don't care what people think about it. But I've noticed that most people who flame about "easy 99s" don't have one, or hard. Fletching is a pretty good way to make some money, thats the main reason I goed for 99. The game has so many players nowadays, so I think its understandable that these skills that are easier to train also have more 99s in them. Rs2 is one of the biggest reasons aswell, Fletching wasn't easy skill on RSC.

LOL?

Try making nats 25k of nats for 70 rcing

try buy all the herbs/seconds and selling them for 75 Herb

Try getting 70 Farming

Try getting all skills 70+

Yea all those are 20 times harder and 10 times better then 99 Fletching AND Cooking.

gorillabones.png

Barrow Items: 45 (3 Guthan Spears)(12/25/06)(1/1/07)(04/07/07)

Proud Owner Of Quest Cape SINCE the day it came out

Got Visage July 31, 2007

Visage #2 August 4th, 2008

AFTER ONE HOUR of googeling i'v came to the conclusion that there is no game called real life :evil:

i think you are 100% right, although i see no point in getting them i do believe people with those realivly easy 99 lvls do get abused most likely becasue the abusers are just jealous that they don't have better lvls or are alot poorer than they are.

~fr0z3n soild

(\__/)

(='.'=) TÃÆÃ

I don't find them as a good skill. I actually laugh when i see somebody with those two capes why?

Becaue compared to the other capes there ugly, too many people have them, 9/10(estimate) of the people who get them get it JUST for the cape, not because they enjoy the skill. I have respect for people who got it before the fletching and cooking capes because back then they were both good money earners, but now there both quite meaningless capes to me.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I respect people with 99 Cooking and Fletching, because a 99 is a 99. You need the same XP for it as any other skill..

I really don't understand why people think they are "nooby" skills just because a lot of people have them.

rune_lizzard.png

I have respect for both. Although people say that they are easy 99's, they are still a 99, and regardless of how easy it is to achieve, they deserve respect.

Sam10187.gif

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that know binary and those that have a social life

It just shows that you had money and invested it in fletching/cooking.

While there are times I wish i had 99 cook (fletching is a redundant skill in my eyes, no reason to train past 85 aside from money), but I wouldnt give back the skills i have already mastered. I have 99 att/str/mage and im around 600k xp from 99 hits.

The reason people dont respect cooking/fletching capes is because they have so many of them, and so many people with JUST cooking/fletching. While I'm sure they do take tons of time, and resources, but it is nothing when compared to harder skills, such as prayer, hits, slayer, rc, herb, farm.

I personally dont care, its your character, train what you want.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

Well, i am 99 cooking and 99 fletching, and the amount of abuse i get from people is unbelieveable, why does no-one respect it?

after all, it still takes a good month or 2 between 70-99, ok so all you do is stand there and fletch or cook but at the end of the day who cares? its still two 99's right? so not only do you get a sexy trimmed cape but lots of total levels with it.

not only this but they are AFK skills, so you can do your homework or play on your games console at the same time or something, i think its very good mmkay?

they are very easy to get, i understand where the abusers are coming from, but at the end of the day? stop flaming and go get it yourself, its another 2 capes right?

so your thoughts about 99 cookers and fletchers?

NO SPEM PLAZ

You said it yourself, they take no skills or money, you can AFK them, which is actually not tolerated by Jagex, and they don't take 2 months like you said (which is already little) but you can get them in less then a month.

If you would look up my stats you would see that I'm 50K xp away from 99 cooking, I have enough raw sharks in my bank to actually get 99 cooking in less then an hour. I've got my cooking skill at this lvl for more then 6 months, but I decided not to get 99 in a skill like cooking or fletching until I had at least achieved 99 in Magic, or another, more difficult 99 to achieve.

As you can see I have no additional respect for a 99 cooking or fletching in your hiscores.