What Are YOUR Views On 99 Fletching And Cooking?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could follow the crowd considering I have these to 99 skills but I wont.

They are just plain EASY to get (although everything in this game is easy, just takes planning). You see, if your going for a 99 in the attempts to get some recognisition then your playing for the wrong reason. If the capes of achivements didnt come out I can bet that 50% of the people that posted on this thread with a 99 would not be playing/have a 99.

True fact, after CoA people played to show off, and not for fun. :)

P.S. The reason they are easy to get is because they are FAST. Before string X it was like 150k - 200k + an hour while stringing, which is the easiest way to make money + get it fast. Got 99 in about 2 weeks because I no life.

Cooking, after using the profits from fletching was done in 2 1/2 days..

If that aint easy idk what is.

Jaskkes.png

lmao...I just had to read this topic...kind of wished that I didn't...wow, just wow.

People who posted here that cooking and fletching cape are the easiest to get sure got me a bit mad inside...

Me, who played 2 1/2 years ago, didn't have this achievement cape update...yet, nor the "string-x"...had to click and click and click thousands of times just to get to 99 fletching. What's worse is that, I just had enough money to buy yews or magic logs, bowstrings, nats to high alch them bows after (used to get a bit of profit). Yet sometimes money can be so scarce that I have no choice but to cut the magic logs/yews myself just to get a larger profit off fletching. Therefore, extended the time of me getting 99 fletching. I didn't set a goal of 99 fletching just for the heck of it, nor the future update which is the achievement capes...because the skill is fun.

Although I recently achieved 99 cooking, probably you guys are going to say..."psh, that's an easy skill to get to 99." I beg to differ. I did it the hard way. I started fishing in karamja F2P where there are thousands of those damn bots fishing in that area, as well as regular players. Thus reducing the chance of me getting lobsters (started at 79-82 fishing). For about 3-4 months of patience, fishing/cooking lobsters and selling those cooked lobsters in the bank, I finally achieved 99 cooking, and left my fishing to lvl 96 in F2P. I NEVER bought any kind of fish just to raise my cooking skill.

Maybe you folks should think how he/she achieved cooking/fletching first, before judging.

Off-topic: 99 fishing at last. ::'

These 2 skills as with every skill keep the market the way it is.

IF there where not many people going for 99 fletch where would achers buy thier yew or mage longs after all. Why would people buy raw sharks?

These 2 skils are a large part of the economy that we call rs.

If someone wines do emote and put on ignore. \'

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Maybe you folks should think how he/she achieved cooking/fletching first, before judging.

Self-imposed limitations are not reflected in the cape. The only way to get people aware of them is by informing people. And when people look at a cape they judge you based on the information given.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

a 99 in a 99, no matter what. Sure they are easier, less expensive, less time consuming, etc, but they still take a great deal of work to get to 99. all 99's have the same amount of exp. I think they are all equal, but some are just harder to get.

The abuse you get i bet is from people who don't have 99's in that, or are ignorant.

they are easier, no doubt, but they are a 99.

I agree 100%

13m is alot of xp, no matter what skill its in.

35b9enp.jpg

a 99 in a 99, no matter what. Sure they are easier, less expensive, less time consuming, etc, but they still take a great deal of work to get to 99. all 99's have the same amount of exp. I think they are all equal, but some are just harder to get.

The abuse you get i bet is from people who don't have 99's in that, or are ignorant.

they are easier, no doubt, but they are a 99.

I agree 100%

Don't you dare claim that 13 mill fletching or cooking exp is anything close to 13 mill rcing or slayer experience.

Every 99 is unique, every 99 has it's own totem of respect and each one is different. Why claim that a skill that has exp rates of 200k per hour is equal to a skill that has exp rates of 20k per hour?

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I agree 100%

Don't you dare claim that 13 mill fletching or cooking exp is anything close to 13 mill rcing or slayer experience.

Every 99 is unique, every 99 has it's own totem of respect and each one is different. Why claim that a skill that has exp rates of 200k per hour is equal to a skill that has exp rates of 20k per hour?

I don't think he's saying that; I believe his mind is processing 13M as nothing more than "a big number", and thus, regardless of any factors whatsoever, must be greatly deserving of veneration to have been achieved.

Bleh.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I made 20M off 99 cooking lol cant complain

bought raw sharks after they crashed to 400each then sold at regluar prices a few weeks later when i was done..

Cooking and fletching are not the most respected 99's because it is easily afk'able and so not boring (unless youre sitting and watching ur guy cook/fletch) and doesnt take a long time to get xp.

They're cool and all, but in the end the harder skills to level like slayer will get more respect and admiration. I got my capes for cooking and fletching and damn, does it take some patience and time to get them. Ugh, that clicky click to string the bows. Cooking cost me some money, but it still was annoying, but less painful than fletching. In the end they are still 99s and take a while to get...just depends how many hours you throw in a day.

99 Fletch~~99 WC~~79/81 Fishing

87/94 Magic~~84 Range

Etha! Saradomin Forever~CW

CB: 107 Total: 1788+

ON BREAK

Level 99 in any skill deserves respect. However, lvl 99 in certain skills deserve more respect than others.

I would have far more respect for someone with lvl 99 slaying, farming or runecraftting than say someone with lvl 99 cooking.

I think it's still a great lvl 99 to have... it gives you a taste for a lvl 99 skill and helps you move onto others. I think the majority of that have several 99 skills, probably started with either cooking or fletching.

Harrington.gif

It's too common, its like having a d full helm then a year later everyone has it, where the accomplishment?

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Level 99 in any skill deserves respect.

Why?

Level 99 in any skill deserves respect.

Why?

Because someone had the damn patience to get 99.

Arn't all 99's the same? All you do is do the same repeated things over and over again.

Yes, but some require a lot more/longer of that "same repeated doing things over and over again." Like somebody said before me, which should garner more respect, the skillcape of a skill with a 200k exp an hour, or 20k exp an hour? Don't get me wrong, I respect 99 Fletching and Cooking fully, but not as much as something like Runecrafting.

Ranarr_0wnz.png

A 99 is NOT a 99.

People rate achievement capes for how hard to get or rare they are, as well as what they look like and their emotes are. And if you think about it, both these skills need a little bit money to start with, have very high experience rates and you can make some money training them. On top of all that, they are two of the least rare skill capes in runescape. So they are easy to get, common, and even look quite bad compared to all other skill capes.

As for the primary reason- the flood of 99s in those skills started at the point jagex released achievement capes- every newbie takes the easy way out and gets two of the easiest skills to max, just to get the rubbish cape.

Now the question should be, Why should we respect people that have taken the easiest route to their goal?

U have all the Buyable capes Hmmmm....

A think any skill thats 99 earns respect... It shows you put the time into getting the cape... The hell with what others say... Do what you like to do...

And this is for all the cry babies :boohoo:

loden_son.png

Because someone had the damn patience to get 99.

Arn't all 99's the same? All you do is do the same repeated things over and over again.

But that's the thing- the only justification I've ever heard is "it's a 99". No time references, no measurements of the level of difficulty, no cost statistics, just "it's a 99".

That, on top of the risible idea that all 99's are the same, which is so self-evidently false that I can't believe it was even debated on this thread. I.e., you aren't serious, right :-s ?

Can anyone give me, in numbers (excluding 99 and 13), a reason why these skills should for some reason be respected by all?

My only 2 99 skills are cooking and fletching.

I loved to train them but indeed they were very easy to raise.

i agree \'

:^o :shame: :^o :shame: :^o

lol ? ur like 552 exp more from the 99 fletching mark. sounds to me like you over-calculated the number of longbows you had to make :-k

and for 99 cooking, yeah , ur a few 100k exp more than the 99 mark, but look at the above explanation . :notalk: maybe helped to cook some sharks or something for friends even =D>

1337sux0rz6shdm3ol1.gif

I would love to see you burn 100k+ logs to get 99 fm

You never will see that. As I said before, I don't enjoy grinding. (Really, who does?) Moreover, I'm not willing to grind just to get a cape (altough many do). Even if I were willing to do that, I would not pretend to "enjoy" burning 100k logs so that I could garner some "respect" for my "accomplishment."

Just because you dislike a skill doesn't mean everyone else in the game doesn't enjoy it. I enjoy Fire-Making and your pretty much saying to all of us Fire-Makers out there that we only get 99 for the cape. Just because YOU hate it.

siggy.jpg

^Click Siggy for Blog^

I think all 99 capes deserve some degree of respect.

Granted, 99 slayer deserves a hell of a lot more recognition than 99 fletching; however a 99 fletching cape is not a bad thing that should be thought of a something noobs do.