Im bleedin... so I guess eatin food will make it better

bananakingxx

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. It's a game, where demons can pop up, there's magic, there's mystical creatures, etc...

2. It's an HP system, not a human perspective of the game. Not a in-depth "bleeding, crushed, stabbed, slashed, etc" way of how this game, or any other fantasy games work.

3. Is this much of rant?

Food and potions have been the #1 method of healing a character in RPGs since they game out.

Only a few games utilize the time healing aspect, but since when could you be mere seconds from death, sit around for a minuet, and be full strength?

~M

I'm sure a surgery skill would go over great :roll:

I'm 99 Surgery I can now put your head back on! :lol:

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

hmm.. Yeah, it baffled me too. Rememer that gallery on the main rs page with the surgeon giving the patient a lobster? Tha showed the stupidity of it...

The problem is, there is no better way. Surgery would be great, but imagine how you could heal 99 hp in a few seconds :XD: .

22031_s.gif

hmm.. Yeah, it baffled me too. Rememer that gallery on the main rs page with the surgeon giving the patient a lobster? Tha showed the stupidity of it...

The problem is, there is no better way. Surgery would be great, but imagine how you could heal 99 hp in a few seconds :XD: .

Surgery takes a few seconds? O_O

Surgery takes a few seconds? O_O

That's the point, it shouldn't.

22031_s.gif

Hmm...What else doesn't make sense? We can use any weapon type starting out, but can't use weapons made of certain metals, we can't cut down certain species of trees, random people ask you to do the favors out of the blue, need I go on? Runescape doesn't make sense at all.

It is impossible to exaggerate the unimportance of almost everything.

Will this be the day that food heals wounds instead of time!? Sharks swim in shallow water!? Trees grow in less than a day!? No! It's can't be... it's ... it's ... a game! :P

On the serious side of life... Food is needed as a fast and realiable source while engaged in NPC or PvP combat. You can't exactly wait 10 days for your cut to heal on your right arm. :P Why, without instant healing there would be virtually no combat in games! :shock:

Oh and hp does slowly replinish over time. :wink:

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

And in real life you don't come back to life once your dead. It's a game, learn to enjoy it for what it is rather than focus on the realism too much.

sig2yq6.png

Presto instant eggs.
i have the solution to "goblin diplomacy"...kill wartface and bentnoze.

If this game were half logical, you would probably break your back every time you swung the Barrelchest Anchor around. Forget a second swing.

Seriously, what good is realism in a MMO?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Meh, doesn't bother me really.

I play my CS:S and DoD:S at a gaming cafe/store where they have comps. The store even has a Guild for WoW and I have some friends that go there often and I watch them play. For some parts you have to sit down and heal, then there's magic healing, and food healing, so it's basically the same. I also play Last Chaos, and when you first start, the best way to heal is sit down and heal (it heals you faster rather than standing) but you can also heal via potions and food, just like mostly any other MMORPG, just as Warranger and Misplacedme said earlier.

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

Listen this is a game it will never be real life but even so remember that the hp bar does repreesent heatlth until you die not get knocked out it is somthign that cannot be real and never will but enjoy the time you have in the real world and in the game because when you get married (if you ever get out of your parents basment...) you will have to stop and do the things that the real world requires. (by the way this image is awsome)

aV1R1CW0.jpg

If you are reading this i hate you...