Rowling Says Dumbledore Is Gay.

Craiglowery

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt it. That's probably just a stunt to sell more books..after all, with the big ending leaks, sales weren't as good as she had hoped. Kind of pitiful that you have to change a character's sexual orientation in order to sell books though...

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

I doubt it. That's probably just a stunt to sell more books..after all, with the big ending leaks, sales weren't as good as she had hoped. Kind of pitiful that you have to change a character's sexual orientation in order to sell books though...

I doubt that was a publicity stunt, it's not like she needs more money? To me it just looks like in her head scenario Dumbledore was always gay, but she never really got the change to say it. Also, didn't some people say that Dumbledore and Gellert were close in the book? This would prove that it isn't some sort of last minute coup.

Besides, all her money isn't made yet, there's other versions than the english one you know. For instance, I'm waiting after the french version, and so is France. Other people are waiting after the spanish version, the german version, and so on.

2480+ total

As if (some) Christians didn't hate it enough already....

I wonder if the guy who played Dumbledore in the movies knows he is gay.

woah....well you know the actor who plays Gandalf in all the LOTR movies is gay

Then I guess that the actor dosent mind, since I think the origanal dumboldor was only alive to make the first 2, gandalf is dumbledoor from number 3 onwards.

Its a sign of weak writing if she has to explain it. It should have been clear from the books if she wanted this kind of information known.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I always thought he trusted Snape a little too much...no, I'm being serious, I somewhat suspected it. Still outright funny to read it, somehow.

So will he be marching in next year's parade? \' :thumbsup:

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I always thought he trusted Snape a little too much...no, I'm being serious, I somewhat suspected it. Still outright funny to read it, somehow.

So will he be marching in next year's parade? \' :thumbsup:

Lol! Dumbledore + Snape? :P

2480+ total

Its a sign of weak writing if she has to explain it. It should have been clear from the books if she wanted this kind of information known.

Yes, if there wasn't major speculation about it before, than it is either 'weak writing', or something she has only just made up for her own reasons.

Dumbledore explains that love is the most powerful force, even more powerful than magic, and possibly the root of magic itself, which leads us to believe Dumbledore has had some kind of relationship, this suggestive writing doesn't tell us if it was male, or female, but by today standards we all assume it is a male relationship. She to my knowledge(and that's reading the books), doesn't ever make the point of his sexuality towards males, nor to females, she keeps it neutral.

Though, after taking it in, I can believe it, but I can also believe it's a publicity stunt for lack of evidence.

To me it makes sense, even if it wasn't explicitly explained in the book. I think there is a lot of information about the characters we do not know and just because she decided not to bring Dumbledore's sexuality into play (how would that work, anyways?), doesn't makes it less of a possibility. I hope she continues expanding on the characters like this - I find it very interesting. :)

sithbridgeay2.jpg

As if (some) Christians didn't hate it enough already....

I wonder if the guy who played Dumbledore in the movies knows he is gay.

woah....well you know the actor who plays Gandalf in all the LOTR movies is gay

Then I guess that the actor dosent mind, since I think the origanal dumboldor was only alive to make the first 2, gandalf is dumbledoor from number 3 onwards.

Wrong, Sir Ian McKellen is Gandalf. The original Dumbledore actor was Richard Harris, but he died after filming the second one so Michael Gambon took over.

That being said, I didn't know Sir Ian McKellen was gay :-k .

p2gq.jpg

I don't believe her. I think it was a publicity stunt. :-X

she write it, if she wanted to she could say everyone in the book had a orgy at the end...

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

Just a question to everyone that said that it doesn't matter now that all the books are out? What would have changed if she had told this, let's say, after the fourth book was out?

Wow, that's crunchy. Very surprising, I could undersand Lupin, Sirius, Severus, Ron, Harry, Lucius, Draco, and all of the others, but Dumbledore, of all people? Wow :XD:

I'm fairly sure many slash writers beat her to that conclusion.

I'm not trying to mean anything by it, but reading this two quotes together gives me a weird feeling about highlanders. :XD:

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Wow, that's crunchy. Very surprising, I could undersand Lupin, Sirius, Severus, Ron, Harry, Lucius, Draco, and all of the others, but Dumbledore, of all people? Wow :XD:

I'm fairly sure many slash writers beat her to that conclusion.

I'm not trying to mean anything by it, but reading this two quotes together gives me a weird feeling about highlanders. :XD:

Lol! XD

I do read slash fanfictions from time to time, along with the normal fanfiction. But I don't write any, why write when other people do it for you? :P

2480+ total