Has F2P gone down hill?

casthewiz

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F2P is so crappy because the players are like 10 years old.

They don't care about the rules, and probably won't talk to anyone about anything they don't understand.

Once again, another person who just assumes an entire community bad based off of a small number of people...

One word comes to mind:

arÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷roÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷gant (ÃÆââ¬Å¾Ãâ Ã¢â¬â¢r'ÃÆââ¬Â°Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢-gÃÆââ¬Â°Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢nt) pronunciation

adj.

1. Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance.

2. Marked by or arising from a feeling or assumption of one's superiority toward others

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

All the p2pers go on f2p worlds and complain taht the majority of them are spoiled 5-year-olds. They are in fact the minority, but stick out to people becuase the nice people dont bother you. However, the children will run after you, swearing or flaming, while the regular people sit there quietly, saying nothing.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

They don't care about the rules, and probably won't talk to anyone about anything they don't understand.

great minds think a like :D

gorillabones.png

Barrow Items: 45 (3 Guthan Spears)(12/25/06)(1/1/07)(04/07/07)

Proud Owner Of Quest Cape SINCE the day it came out

Got Visage July 31, 2007

Visage #2 August 4th, 2008

AFTER ONE HOUR of googeling i'v came to the conclusion that there is no game called real life :evil:

Go on, bash us! :evil:

F2p is garbage? I see many members calling each other noobs on the RSOF. So don't go around calling us immature 8 year olds and end up stereotyping us like the RSOF did with pures. Want to flame us? You're pretty much on the same level as the n00bs you're flaming. -.- <.<

Autoers, tbh are better than n00bs because they don't ask stupid questions, and at least do something to the community, and just do their own business.

And tbvh, this thread isn't going anywhere with all the flaming. I can't watch it go on anymore. Lock pl0x?

When I was a low[er] lvl, nonmember I use to find f2p ok. But when I go back now, me and my best friend IRL agree its become alot worse. Perhaps its the people who have joined in the last 2 years, or perhaps it was because we really didn't know of autoing or didn't pay attention to rule-breakers or a combination of all. F2p is a rock rolling down the mountain. I'm not saying all F2pers are like this, just a good number and I guess the percent will keep increasing but it will never become 100%.

EDIT: I think the community as a whole has gone down, but really f2p needs to stop bashing p2p and vice versa.

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

I play some months as P2P and some as F2P.

Let me state unequivocally:

There is no real difference between the player bases.

Yes, there are immature little malcontents on F2P. Let me tell you bluntly, there are just as many on P2P.

The only begging messages I ever get are when I am on P2P servers - from P2P players.

The only real difference is a F2P player will act out by typing his little q/p graphic and the P2P player will act out by saying the most vulgar things on earth, but substitute 3s for Es and 4s for As.

Besides that, there's not a dime's difference between the two groups.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-h2mvZIhWw <-- and P2P is full of so many mature people? This video really proves it >.>

F2P and P2P have their irritating crowd, there are many stories about how both sides have idiotic immature players. Stop trying to say how F2P is full of [cabbage] and their players should go jump off cliffs because they are mindless zombies who stand in Lumbridge all day begging for free stuff. If you know where to look, there are mature F2P players. If you wander around in the middle of Lumbridge with every rich item you could throw on and start trading everyone showing a humongous cash pile, of course you are going to have people begging for money. Using F2P players as a scapegoat doesn't solve anything, it just adds to the fire. The "noobs" will just get mad at you because you are a mean arrogant little elitist snob who gets his jollies about putting everyone down. The mature players will just consider you another elitist fool and put you on their ignore list and just continue on.

F2P players bashing P2Pers isn't that nice either. Just because a few players were complete [wagon] to you doesn't mean you have to have to retaliate by being just like the players you hate. It is kind of hypocritical to say you hate how people stereotype you and you return and return similar stereotypes.

F2Pers and P2Pers are both players, there is no reason to be almost nationalistic towards each other. It is unnecessary.

Anyways, topics like these are just flamefests, and usually get locked.

tfssig.png

Ha, I just ignore them and converse with the normal people in f2p, I don't understand how it bothers people so much. Then again I have found myself pking in-excessivly lately, seems funny when you get to kill those that you would other-wise have to ignore (not add to ignore list, but pay no attention too). I digest... It has been going downhill, im unsure of the problem of why it is. Getting rid of F2p would not solve it however, and would cause a serious risk of much less new members (after some former f2p join). This is all theoretical but is highly unlikely Jagex would ever take such a risk, as far as runescape 2 that is. All I can say is to stay in members, because if you can come to f2p then it can't bother you that much.

deathnotesignature.png

f2p always been like that.

i say remove liek 2/3 of the servers. they got to meny servers for a free game to be :x

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

i say remove liek 2/3 of the servers. they got to meny servers for a free game to be :x

Many Members pay for the P2p version because many F2p places are

overcrowded, removing some F2p servers would just make RuneScape

worse.

Really, look at the points you made:

-Autoers. There have always been autoers, in F2P and P2P alike.

-2 rude people. Surely you could never find 2 rude people in P2P?

To be honest and answer your question, YES F2P has gone downhill. But you haven't looked on the other side of things: Has P2P gone downhill? More autos are in P2P than before, which is what you pointed out for F2P. Rude people? Heck yes. People assume players are ruder in F2P because there are many younger players who can't and won't pay for membership. I find older players to be the selfish ones. Little kids don't know any better, even if they should.

People also assume F2Pers are begging noobs. My best friends are F2P and are the most mature people you will meet.

Some of these posts from P2Pers show points about maturity.

"evry one in f2p is a noob 4 year old!1" What a genius.

I'm not saying F2P is better than P2P or vice-versa. Just open your eyes a bit.

Ahh the irony in that post.

F2P has actually went uphill, not down.

Draynor, Karamja and Lumbridge were always the worst places to be in F2P. Falador is almost perfect, infact those who make it worse are members, Varrock is an okay place, rarely get begged there despite it pretty much being a huge market place. Barbarian Village is okay, once you get over the beggers going "Free Food plz" (doesn't happen too often).

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

worse.

covert the 2/3 f2p server to P2p server :D

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

worse.

covert the 2/3 f2p server to P2p server :D

That just makes things worse for Jagex.

First of all they lose money by taking off 2/3 of the adverts that are

shown for F2p over the game screen, Secondly, it will cost them more to

maintain the new member worlds and F2p worlds will be full most of the

time that new players won't bother to even try RuneScape.

I don't see what some of the P2p's are complaining about, I hardly ever see anyone acting childish or immature. Sure maybe every once in a while I see the odd 'Free stuff plz' but that is about it.

In the rare cases that someone is being immature I just ignore them and either carry on with what I am doing or move on. I have personally seen an improvement as a used to get hassled a lot more than I do now.

As with autoers they are only really an annoyance if they are competing with you like chopping yews, how are they annoying if you are just walking past them?

Sorry if this seems like a rant at everybody because it is far from my intention, just giving my views on the matter.

Legil.

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

I admit, F2P seems to be a little off but no community is perfect.. Even P2P has its share of annoyances.

Keep in mind that you were F2P once too.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

Um Im a P2p i went to a F2p world to give a friend some stuff and i had accendentally had worn a CW shield, suddenly out of the gettos of varoc TONS of newbs come and try to trade me fethers for it F2p worlds are gouin down hill now there are just like tons of ten year old lvl 4s walkin around doin nothing. Its like i have no life playing RS as a lvl 73 rich guy but like who would waste there life playing as a lvl 4 trying to trade pots of flour for money.

When I go into F2P I usually find 2-30 people with skill capes from P2P. That should say something. I stay out of F2P as much as possible. If your a high lvl, impossible to not get someone to follow you and ask to be friends, or someone to ask you multiple questions... The HUGE reason i stay out of F2P is because of the major laag I get. Those adds at the top make me lag so badly... I do think F2P is going down hill. But what about the snobby over-confident pures in P2P? They'll follow someone around asking for a fight, cursing and flaming. Runescape has gone down hill as far as respect for players and friendliness is involved.

Pheonix Elite- obsessing 1 RS member at a time.

Narutosig75-1.jpg

Thanks Harrinator1 for the sig!