Has F2P gone down hill?

casthewiz

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play some months as P2P and some as F2P.

Let me state unequivocally:

There is no real difference between the player bases.

Yes, there are immature little malcontents on F2P. Let me tell you bluntly, there are just as many on P2P.

The only begging messages I ever get are when I am on P2P servers - from P2P players.

The only real difference is a F2P player will act out by typing his little q/p graphic and the P2P player will act out by saying the most vulgar things on earth, but substitute 3s for Es and 4s for As.

Besides that, there's not a dime's difference between the two groups.

+1

I used to pay for P2P once in a while, just going back and forth with membership, and even though now I will probably stay member for all the time I will play RuneScape, I see just as many people breaking the rules and saying bad things as I used to see on F2P. I see that q/p thing a lot on members worlds too.

All the p2pers go on f2p worlds and complain taht the majority of them are spoiled 5-year-olds. They are in fact the minority, but stick out to people becuase the nice people dont bother you. However, the children will run after you, swearing or flaming, while the regular people sit there quietly, saying nothing.

+1 too, exactly what I feel about that.

Buddy...your first complaint was autoers

WELCOME TO AUTOSCAPE...PLEASE CONTINUE TO ADD ANNOYING RANDOMS TO THE GAME.

Number two...you let a person tell you you were killing trees. Its a game dude...

Number three...I have not seen a nice guy on the docks for a while...

Anyway, I don't know how long you've been gone cuz this is how I remember it being for the past several years...(minus a couple million autoers)

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-h2mvZIhWw <-- and P2P is full of so many mature people? This video really proves it >.>

F2P and P2P have their irritating crowd, there are many stories about how both sides have idiotic immature players. Stop trying to say how F2P is full of [cabbage] and their players should go jump off cliffs because they are mindless zombies who stand in Lumbridge all day begging for free stuff. If you know where to look, there are mature F2P players. If you wander around in the middle of Lumbridge with every rich item you could throw on and start trading everyone showing a humongous cash pile, of course you are going to have people begging for money. Using F2P players as a scapegoat doesn't solve anything, it just adds to the fire. The "noobs" will just get mad at you because you are a mean arrogant little elitist snob who gets his jollies about putting everyone down. The mature players will just consider you another elitist fool and put you on their ignore list and just continue on.

F2P players bashing P2Pers isn't that nice either. Just because a few players were complete [wagon] to you doesn't mean you have to have to retaliate by being just like the players you hate. It is kind of hypocritical to say you hate how people stereotype you and you return and return similar stereotypes.

F2Pers and P2Pers are both players, there is no reason to be almost nationalistic towards each other. It is unnecessary.

Anyways, topics like these are just flamefests, and usually get locked.

gosh why the heck do you have to be so smart and beat the crap out of everyone with your extremely logical replys.

I like it. \'

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

Just to point it out. I've been f2p for a long time (100% f2p in fact) and yes, it is bad. But put it this: f2p lose a few worlds (to those people who say tha they should), you g in a f2p world to trade and you get more noobs that are bad (didn't want to offend anyone). Also, I have been in f2p lumby until recently when I gone to world 1 varrock, and there you see the occasional full H.A.M. lvl 40 mem, a few mems here and there, A macro advertising gold selling sites near the lumbridge guide, a scammer playing trust games in the back of the lumby bank and spinning wheel, but you can just simply follow these 3 easy steps:

One:ignore

Two:If it's against the rules, report.

and Three: Get over it.

Also talk in a clan chat. Even tip.it chat works these days...

So many spammers, and bear this in mind: some of those lvl 3 noobs asking for free stuff may have mem acc themselves, just trying to mess up f2p!

Also.....

WHATCH it about saying that f2p are scum. Many f2p's are smarter than a mem. And a quality that a f2p has more than a mem (especially the high lvls, is patience and being down to earth. You try adavncing lvls in f2p <.< . No seriously... try it.

22031_s.gif

Simple, make f2p require e-mail to make an account, it seems that about 30% of f2p'ers dont have email, thats is at least, there might be more.

If it does happen, Ill be happy, f2p will be actually increased a bit in maturity, I hope.

vizardsig-1.png

Simple, make f2p require e-mail to make an account, it seems that about 30% of f2p'ers dont have email, thats is at least, there might be more.

If it does happen, Ill be happy, f2p will be actually increased a bit in maturity, I hope.

That would be pretty interesting. Make them require a unique email too, and you might just eliminate some lazier macroers too.

triforceelf.png

That would be pretty interesting. Make them require a unique email too, and you might just eliminate some lazier macroers too.

Does it take a really mature person to figure out how to make a Yahoo! email?

Also this goes against Jagex's whole "we will never contact you through email" thing.

F2P, in my opinion, is a filter where people try to either learn how Runescape works and where they fit in or spend a week in Lumbridge begging and then quit. If they choose the former path, they may eventually become a member and get to hang out with other cool people like me. If they take the latter path they'll probably be looking back 2 years from now and saying "geez i'm glad I wasn't hanging out with those nerds! I'm gonna go call my girlfriend. In real life.", unless they act like they do in Runescape in real life(gf plz? 2 hard! i need free stuff).

Lots of people think Runescape is free. F2P isn't even worth playing unless you just really REALLY enjoy rewardless pking, think of nonmembers as just a demo for the real, less shameful to talk about in front of peers, Runescape.

Officially retired on 12/10/07, no drop parties because that might be "covertly trading wealth". What does one person's happiness(until they quit) mean compared to the hours I wasted while runecrafting, anyways?

there are a lot more mature f2pers than u say there are

for example some of the prominent tip it people were f2pers for a long long time

for example:

futureprofit...he got 99 smith in f2p...wna call him immature?

mhkagent

these are just 2 that i will name...there are many many more

yes, when you go pking people flame, curse and call you noob, but i have also fought mature people who say gl and gf before and after a fight

are they immature too?

Before both of you started playing everyone who signed up for RS did it by email.

It turned out to be a bad idea.

Unfortunately, yes. The problem with F2P, is that I think that in the past, players were rude and snobby to the beginning players, and maybe some of the players learned some techs. Not to mention that part of RS is a free game that requires JAVA and the internet, so anybody can make an account and log on. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be any way around the community, but its not as bad as WoW for the most part.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

As sad as it is, I have to agree. I cant walk from Edgeville to Draynor in f2p without someone asking what staff I'm weilding. As if they've never seen a rod of ivandis. And when I tell, they either beg or say "Thanks nub" (Mostly pures -.-).

But look at the bright side. They're good to merchant from, keep P2p relatively cleaner and if F2p is removed, I lose out on my many fans :o

Jackbmck123.png

yes it has. jagex keep creating new things for p2p eg: God Wars ; new quest but not for f2p!!!!! i wish jagex will have new quest and more interesting things to do like adding f2p minigames like club penguin

Ah...you are new here I see, Welcome to Tip.it and did you really have to

bump this flame war thread?

Well...since you are new here I don't think people should flame you but

try to help you.

And a response to your post:

Isn't Club Penguin another seperate game that has no connection with Jgaex?

No, I do not want anything new in F2p, except outfits, mini games etc,

things that does not affect the skills.

Anything new that comes to F2p will get flamed.

Take it easy with the posting, 2 of your threads got locked and you really

should take a look at the rules.

I believe that bots have indeed bred all over the rs f2p world.

I also believe that this is utterly selfish for the person who creates a bot / autoer.

It's cheating the system! :evil:

wongtongxg4.gif

F2P | 59/70 smith | 13/15 skills 70+ | 70 smith banked.

loinclothec5.gif

Everyone really just needs to grow up, I mean sitting here complaining about "noobs" or younger players is firstly unfair as it is a generalisation.

Players in runescape have a right to do whatever they like, and f2p allows numerous age groups to have fun.

The bot problem in f2p however dose pose a substantial problem, yet jagex are trying to end it, I mean they made Rs2 for the sole purpose of ending cheating back in Rs classic.

pocket_0aces.png

After playing this game for over 4 years, being member for 3 months in total... I can say that f2p has all the good things related to this game in it, ec the most challenging challenges.

Who wants something more improved is always free to become a member.

Also f2p worlds' society is just fine, can always find people with different views than yours, ones who are mean, ones who are dumb or ones who are just rude, wheter they have enough money to get p2p or not or there are just some principles which keep them non-members. Just need to study how to cope with it.

No, I agree with him. If we removed f2p, the server upkeep money would go directly to P2P updates, and we would have a better game.

Maybe before we open our mouth, maybe we should consider thinking.

Hypothetical situation:

•  
    [*:1mneo9ou]F2P is ended.

[*:1mneo9ou]Members number will initially stay the same for a length of time.

[*:1mneo9ou]However, without F2P the influx of new members will stop. Would you want to pay for a game of which you haven't even tested, played and found out whether it is the right game for you?

[*:1mneo9ou]Members gradually begin to quit, as normal. People quit all the time due to RL issues and such like.

[*:1mneo9ou]Jagex lose money, due to the decreasing numbers of members.

It would be incredibly stupid for Jagex to end F2P, and would definetly result in a dent in their profits. After all, don't forget they also earn money via those annoying 'Zwinky' adds etc.

So therefore, F2P will never end.

~ Original six ~ 6 99 skills ~ 2b+ bank ~

Retired upon the destruction of the duel arena

answer hell yes

in my time from going member ive been to ftp...10 or 11 times?? once to try yew bot killing and rest trading and check ftp its full of so many noobs

when i started it wasnt bad at all..

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

When hasn't it been down hill?

All you find is autoers,gold farmers and pures.

That is not true, you have just ran into the wrong people.

Its full with stupid,idiotic 4 year olds

4 year olds that can type,swear,macro and even navigate a web page :o :shock: Damn NASA needs these 4 year olds.

sycosis5.png

winterkingre4.png