Has F2P gone down hill?

casthewiz

When hasn't it been down hill?

All you find is autoers,gold farmers and pures.

That is not true, you have just ran into the wrong people.

Its full with stupid,idiotic 4 year olds

4 year olds that can type,swear,macro and even navigate a web page :o :shock: Damn NASA needs these 4 year olds.

hehe... that one made me lol

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing Runescape for 3 years now, one month of which has been as a member. I can honestly say I say no jump in maturity and intelligence when I became a member, nor a drop when i returned to f2p. What I did see was a large difference in the way the two treat each other. Members constantly talk down about and flame f2pers. F2pers tend to have respect for members. A large majority of intelligent f2pers tend to stay quite and listen as well.

Also take this thread for example, look at the responses. A good number (not all) of the members who have posted talk down about ALL f2pers. The f2p players, especially Bini, Moonshadow, and Unorclan, have made well thought out post stating their opinions, not bashing members. How did you respond?

Stop protecting f2p is garbage

Its full with stupid,idiotic 4 year olds

It doesnt matter if there is good people in the world

the world is still filled with MOD EDIT: Removed Vulgar Language. Q.V. Tip It Mod

thats free to play for you

With that. Try looking at yourself before bashing others. If you plan on talking about maturity and intelligence, try being mature and intelligent yourself if you want people to listen to and respect you.

"hey guys how can we makef 2p better, I know! How about we spend all our money on f2p and ignore members"

On a side note I fail to see how the above quote is in anyway true. As far as I know the last real addition to f2p (aside from clan chat) was the Stronghold of Security. Guess how long ago that was. Over a year ago, on July 4th 2006. Members get at least an update a week.

Sorry for the insanely long post, but I felt it needed to be made.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Put up a free game that doesn't require any special software and runs on older computers, aim and market it at children, promote it on kids' free game sites, and then completely neglect to supervise it.

What could any rational person expect as a result?

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Yes, it's kind of sad what's happening to F2P RuneScape, and even some places in P2P RuneScape, although it's not nearly as extreme as in a F2P world. I think, eventually, Jagex will probably drop F2P all together because either a) no one will be playing on F2P or B) it will be nothing but autoers. It's really a shame to the mature F2Pers, though, and F2P RuneScape would have to get REALLY out of control, (or very deserted) for Jagex to even consider getting rid of F2P.

Ok, according to the latest statistics, there are 1 million Runescape subscribers, and 10 million free players. Do you honestly thing that Jagex would drop almost 91% of their players? Ok, look around in all of runescape. How many autoers do you see compared to normal players. At extremes, there are about 400 bots in one world. I am over estimating here. So, there are 72 F2P servers so, 400*72 is 28,800. Close to 29000 bots playing. And there are 119,794 F2P players playing currently by my calculations. 28,800/119494 is around .2404, so, 24% of the F2P players are macroers. Not the half or the majority as most people are saying. And remember, this is a large overestimation.

If Jagex would step it up on banning bots on the free server, the bots would never go to P2P, so, you would cut bot killing costs by not having to go from the top link of the chain down. You could kill the flow, and pick off the remaining stragglers that got in. With about more than half the people playing daily being F2P players, I doubt that Jagex will get rid of F2P any time soon.

And, if you are going to flame me on my statistics, don't say I pulled them out of my [wagon]. Because, I took the time, unlike some people flaming F2P to look at the facts. I went to the runescape site, pulled up a list of the F2P servers, punched in all the players in every F2P server. I also know there are 72 servers, and, a rough estimate (over estimated) is 400 bots a server. So, some of the facts are rough, but, I based the 400 upon the amount of players in the wee hours of the night, and most of the players then are macros, because, the normal players have gone to bed.

tfssig.png

1. F2P starts it all. It wets the players tongue and makes him or her like it and enjoy it. Very rarely do people start Runescape right off without EVER playing more than a few weeks of F2P. Yeah some people may waste 5 bucks a month on something they don't even know about - but this doesn't happen often, they want to try the game out first. If F2P was deleted the amount of NEW members would drop dramatically. Yeah some of the F2Pers will still be addicted to Runescape and somehow become members, but after that rush dies down nearly no one will become a member. You know why they won't become a member? They don't want to waste 5 bucks on a game they know nothing about - even if their friends have told them about it.

2. "Deleting F2P will rid Runescape of Autoers, Gold Farmers, Scammers, Hackers, idiots, immature players, ect" - yeah, bullcrap. All it will do is force all those members who had their gold farmers and autoers in F2P onto the member servers. Member servers will soon end up with many more autoers and that trash than it does now. You think it'll get rid of the "noob" or the young and immature player? Yeah right, like I said in reason 1, lots of the little kids will freak out cause their favorite game got deleted and they'll go and beg their parents into making them members.

3. "F2P is a waste..." - so you think making loads of extra cash is a waste in the eyes of Jagex? Yeah, you heard me - EXTRA MONEY. It's called Advertisements!! F2P has to see those advertisements the entire time they play Runescape and those advertisers know that. That's why they pay Jagex to have a spot on Runescape.com to hopefully get some publicity. Jagex makes money off of Advertisements, if F2P is deleted they'll lose that money from the adverts or be forced to put them on the members servers - which they'll get plenty of complaints about that from all you members.

4. Market, econemy, sales, buyers ect. Yeah, I'm not a Marketplace Writer and I'm not the smartest person and all knowlegdeable about the RS econemy, but what I do know is the massive change in the member's marketplace will get smacked with if F2P is deleted. F2P supports the Member's econemy because WE supply YOU with all YOUR raw materials, and whatever that stuff is.

Not to mention the massive loss of GP and some rares that exist on F2P accounts. Yeah, you may not want to believe it, but lots (not majority but a good few) F2Pers have masks, santas, pumkins, maybe Partyhats, ect. I know 5 F2Pers off the top of my head that own one of these rares...and I'm ONE person.

Sums up why F2p couldn't be removed much better than I could. Taken form the 11th edition of the Gielinor Tribune,

which can be found here --> http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=699567&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=420 (Hope you guys don't mind me quoting you :anxious: )

Edit: Moonshadow, that has to be the most ownage post I have ever seen. Ever.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I thought members were supposed to be smart, mature people. You stopped woodcutting 'cause some idiot told you that you were killing trees? How smart is that :-k ? That's like someone telling me to stop drinking water 'cause I'm depleting ocean levels.

On another note: I hear p2pers complaining repeatedly on how they are always get beggers on them. Maybe you shouldn't wear your finest member attire(presumably worn to brag on your p2p status). You kinda stick out to us...plus, you guys are the same way whenever Zezima comes around. It's the same thing in a different situation. Dress like a f2per if you wanna avoid the beggers.

On ANOTHER note: Not all f2pers are immature jerks. Alot of the people I see when playing(including me) are just as fed up with the small percentage of noobs as you guys are. You guys are more immature than the few f2pers that make the game annoying. The only mature people I've seen on this entire thread are people like Moonshadow, Unorclan, and Skull_Emblem. If all p2pers are like you guys, then I would sooner chop off my extremities with a butter knife than become a member.

Best.Songs.In.

World.

Follower of Guthix. *points to avatar* Aww yeah..

the1stfool.png

I am F2P, and i hafta say yes.

It's going, hasn't fully gone yet. It's mostly because of the influx of players comming from Miniclip but they are equally bad P2P'ers but thats another thing.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

F2P is the same since ever. P2P is the one going downhill, let the people that hate F2P tell us or those who "visit" to insult.

It is true there are [wagon], noobs, autoers and crap living on F2P, but the entire F2P community should not be judged because of much less than 50% of it is doing. I, myself, believe that there are much more mature people in F2P than noobs and autoers. I hope for a better future for the world... without Marylin Manson.

It's going, hasn't fully gone yet. It's mostly because of the influx of players comming from Miniclip but they are equally bad P2P'ers but thats another thing.

I started Runescape by playing it on Miniclip when I was 13. That was 3 years ago. Am I a hacker/scammer/noob/bot? I don't think I am...my blackmark-free Runescape career backs me up.

Best.Songs.In.

World.

Follower of Guthix. *points to avatar* Aww yeah..

the1stfool.png

Put up a free game that doesn't require any special software and runs on older computers, aim and market it at children, promote it on kids' free game sites, and then completely neglect to supervise it.

What could any rational person expect as a result?

Definitely 100% true. It's hard to tell anymore whether Jagex is aiming the game at teenagers and adults, or at young children.

pwned.png

It's dolomite, baby!

Dark matter - Each pound of which weighs over ten thousand pounds.

Edited. I've compressed all my ideas to my previous post.

It seems much better than before. It'll give new players a bad idea, glad you noticed that.

I started Runescape by playing it on Miniclip when I was 13. That was 3 years ago. Am I a hacker/scammer/noob/bot? I don't think I am...my blackmark-free Runescape career backs me up.

Bold represents the parts that I'm the same.

Oh, I've changed it back. My idea was getting through just fine; F2P is getting worse and worse each day. It's becoming infested with macroers and scammers and little 8 year olds crying and flaming because they didn't get a Santa Hat four some-odd years ago. Are there mature players left? Sure. In fact, they make up the majority of F2Pers. But that doesn't mean there aren't still immature players left. They will always be there, just like in every game, but if nothing's done about it they will increase in number, and the amount of mature players will start to diminish.

It seems unbeatable, and even mature people can be immature (I can).

Are you agreeing with me? Because the very first time I tried to post my opinion I got yelled at... :wall:

About being immature, it's not like you'd go up and scam someone, and then say, "0mgzorz ur such a nuub!!!!11 i g0tz ur munniez now, i gotz 5K im so ricccchhhh!!111" THAT would be immature. :mrgreen:

You know, the REAL question shouldn't be, "IS F2P going downhill?" The REAL question should be, "How can we as players help make F2P better?"

pwned.png

It's dolomite, baby!

Dark matter - Each pound of which weighs over ten thousand pounds.

Are you agreeing with me? Because the very first time I tried to post my opinion I got yelled at... :wall:

About being immature, it's not like you'd go up and scam someone, and then say, "0mgzorz ur such a nuub!!!!11 i g0tz ur munniez now, i gotz 5K im so ricccchhhh!!111" THAT would be immature. :mrgreen:

You know, the REAL question shouldn't be, "IS F2P going downhill?" The REAL question should be, "How can we as players help make F2P better?"

Yes, I'm agreeing with you.

It should be that, then. Let's plant trees (In other words, give iron items to newbs), throw trash in the trash (In other words, report rule breakers) and not waste water (In other words, not waste time talking to a would-be password scammer).

yea so downhill, to many people are getting self centered to care about others or try to improve the game. all they do is blame jagex

ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâûÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâàÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâämÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¸ÃÆÃâÃâøÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÃÂ¥ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâë ~Fisher for Life~

head3final.jpg

Accomplished September 20, 2007

Okay, maybe I exaggerated a little bit. F2P is going down a bad road, but it's not like it's apocalyptic. It get's a little worse every day, but Jagex is still taking steps to make sure there is still order. Remember, they ban something like 7,000 or so autoing accounts every week, and even without that F2P would be in ruins.

I like the point in bold. Everyone is making it out to be apocalyptic.

tfssig.png

I will end this topic by saying there are both nice AND mean/ stupid players in f2p and p2p.

Just because you get a few imature players in f2p it doesnt mean that the rest of them are! Don't play if you can't cope with a few imature people

now playing on l0wer cla55 =D (yes i like that name too)