Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!

misterxman

That's the awesome price gouging free trade for ya...

Even IRL there's no such thing as 'free trading' in rs now - if something happens on a stock there would be SEC llimits and trade suspensions - but here in RS - we're all at the mercy of the investors merchants.

Quit whining. If there WAS demand to keep the price up, it would stay up.

Also, investors/merchants/whoever would ONLY keep the price UP at this moment. But there is not enough buyers wanting the staff for 100m - therefore the price goes down as the supply increases.

Yes, I spam. He's asking for it.

Is this picture thread or economy thread?

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

I don't know why people are so surprised at how fast the Armadyl Battlestaff is dropping. I camped glacors for maybe 2-3 days (a few hours a day) and got 11 shards, so to get 100 shards for myself, perhaps a few weeks for me (if that) and I would have my own. If anything they should be dropping below their 18M start price because there's gonna be cabbageloads of them in the g.e. with all the campers wanting the three boots.

Sorry no unspam.

2vuhgcn.png

[hide]110920013047.png[/hide]

Just spent an entire week getting this staff.

Drops from 100m to 50m 40m in 1 day.

Seriously, I'm ready to quit again.

Man, that blows. I remember when While Guthix Sleeps was released, something similar happened to me. I didn't have the herblore and farming requirements at first, so I had to spend a few days getting those levels. Once I finally finished the quest and got my dragon armor piece, they crashed majorly in price the very day I got mine!@! I missed out on 12m, and damn I was pissed.

Some Numbers:

- 1 shard every 10 kills

- 40 (or more) kills an hour

- 4 shards an hour

- 25 hours for 100 shards

- 100 shards = 40 mil

- 1 shard = 400k

- 1.6mil an hour plus more from boot drops and elite clues

- 40 blue charms an hour

- Ton of magic/hits/def exp/hr

you forgot to mention that you use approx 30m in runes and pots get a staff plus for the average player boot drops come only 1 in 750 kills making getting only 40m from the staff a waste of time because you will only make like 10-30m for 25 hours of work

yea...great money maker[/sarcasm]

Brio_x.png

Man, that blows. I remember when While Guthix Sleeps was released, something similar happened to me. I didn't have the herblore and farming requirements at first, so I had to spend a few days getting those levels. Once I finally finished the quest and got my dragon armor piece, they crashed majorly in price the very day I got mine!@! I missed out on 12m, and damn I was pissed.

Some Numbers:

- 1 shard every 10 kills

- 4 shards an hour

- 100 shards = 40 mil

- 1 shard = 400k

- 40 blue charms an hour

you forgot to mention that you use approx 30m in runes and pots get a staff plus for the average player boot drops come only 1 in 750 kills making getting only 40m from the staff a waste of time because you will only make like 10-30m for 25 hours of work

For me, I get boots 1/150. So I made more from the boots. (105m to be exact)

Also, with RoW, shards are actually around 1/7.5 to 1/8 drop rate

I also did a trip where I figured out how many glacors I could do in an hour using the steel titan method, I pulled 52. However, this was no looting (except shards, effigies, and boots) and 100% focus so I could determine just how fast I could kill them

And now that I look at my bank, I'm okay with this, though that extra 54m that I lost (it sold for 46m) coulda paid off 99 con or something.

110920015423.png

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Some Numbers:

- 1 shard every 10 kills

- 4 shards an hour

- 100 shards = 40 mil

- 1 shard = 400k

- 40 blue charms an hour

For me, I get boots 1/150. So I made more from the boots. (105m to be exact)

Also, with RoW, shards are actually around 1/7.5 to 1/8 drop rate

I also did a trip where I figured out how many glacors I could do in an hour using the steel titan method, I pulled 52. However, this was no looting (except shards, effigies, and boots) and 100% focus so I could determine just how fast I could kill them

And now that I look at my bank, I'm okay with this, though that extra 54m that I lost (it sold for 46m) coulda paid off 99 con or something.

[hide]110920015423.png[/hide]

you got very lucky though (im actually kind of jelly tbh lol)

I did 650 kills with a ring of wealth and got only 1 pair of boots. I also know somebody that killed 1100 glacor, got their staff, but got zero boot drops. And i know another player who killed 900 before getting a boot drop

so its safe to assume that boots are super rare. like 1 in 250. which means the average player will only get 1 boot drop per 750 to 1000 kills

Brio_x.png

I did 650 kills with a ring of wealth and got only 1 pair of boots. I also know somebody that killed 1100 glacor, got their staff, but got zero boot drops. And i know another player who killed 900 before getting a boot drop

so its safe to assume that boots are super rare. like 1 in 250. which means the average player will only get 1 boot drop per 750 to 1000 kills

Don't forget that there are 3 pairs. So the chances would be 3/250.

crossed_body.png

You basically just said that if coins are half heads and half tails, the average person gets heads 3/4 of the time. If the drop rate is 1/256 (wouldn't be surprised personally if that were the case), then it's 1 per 256 on average.

podv4.png

That's the awesome price gouging free trade for ya...

Even IRL there's no such thing as 'free trading' in rs now - if something happens on a stock there would be SEC llimits and trade suspensions - but here in RS - we're all at the mercy of the investors merchants.

Or just remember that this always happens with new items. Everyone pays ridiculous prices to get it on the first day and it quickly crashes as more people get them. All FT does is make sure you don't have to junk trade before and after that happens, meaning that normal people can get it too :razz:

I'm not sure if there's a real world equivalent to that kind of thing. Buying a PS3 on the first day and selling it for thousands on Ebay?

You basically just said that if coins are half heads and half tails, the average person gets heads 3/4 of the time. If the drop rate is 1/256 (wouldn't be surprised personally if that were the case), then it's 1 per 256 on average.

Im simply just making a point that I know a lot more players that aren't as lucky as the previous poster was. Granted i realize the players that are dry are likely to complain more and we wont hear a peep from the players that are lucky enough to get 3 in 400 kills. Either way I'm just saying that not everybody is going to make 100m from boot drops, some might not even get a boot drop before getting a staff because they are that rare. Therefore, if the staffs are only worth 40m, some players wont profit much from killing glacor until they get the staff

Brio_x.png

Normally don't post my stakes but this was the most intense one I have ever done

elyboxwin.png

Was for my entire cashpile (most of bank in items atm), and I won by 4lp, coming back from being like 300lp down.

was plate + legs on box, both had torva plate+legs then switch to stat plate/legs (he had vesta but i'm not convinced vesta is better)

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I'd keep the staff instead of selling it. It won't be long now until Glacors go more or less abandoned, and you'd expect some kind of bump in the price of the staff due to it.

(Whenever I get the staff, which probably won't be for another month since I only do, like, one run a day, I'm keeping it. I had no plans to sell it before, and I definitely have no plans to sell it now that it's <50M.)

I bought back my staff, the thread on the storm of armadyl spell just says it all. (in metagame discussion, gonna make a vid about this)

To 999134: You're insanely lucky. Vesta top + bottom has +12 crush att, +257 crush def, and +9 str. Statius top + bottom has +12 crush att, +218 crush def, and +8 str. Vesta beats out statius by +39 def and +1 str.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

I think getting 8+ effigies a day with the odd boots and a guaranteed ABS, regardless of price, after 100 shards is pretty damn good.

Beats Runecrafting...

true but im not rich so id like to get a lot of boots and a decently priced ABS, effigies are just a nice bonus

Brio_x.png

I think getting 8+ effigies a day with the odd boots and a guaranteed ABS, regardless of price, after 100 shards is pretty damn good.

Beats Runecrafting...

8+ effigies a day? I got only 9 for 100 shards, I also don't usually play 30 hours per day...

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Strength99.png

Attack99.png

Hitpoints99.png

Defence99.png

99Summoning.png

Magic99.png

Prayer99.png

Ranged99.png

Two days ago I maxed out combat completely by getting 91-99 Ranged in two days using Chinchompas. It took me just shy of five years from making the account to getting this. I actually got Magic, Prayer, and Ranged all this past summer along with Herblore too. :) As you can see Strength and Attack were done quite a number of years ago! Haha. I figured I'd post these to keep the thread alive with some pictures. I think to this day 99 Slayer is still my proudest 99, but honestly I enjoyed getting 99 Ranged way more than I had thought.

Turnpikes.png