Random Event Stories

Zaaps1

Well, it occured to me that however much we hate, despise, spite, and flame randoms, I think we can all admit that they are fun. They break up boredom when training skills, they give us good rewards (sometimes) and can be humorous.

Now, I want to know what use you find out of randoms, and stories about random events. How do you use random events? Do you talk back to the Sandwich Lady? Trap the Drunk Dwarf in a house? Try to get best times on the maze? I can admit to all three, and Randoms are fun.

In fact, I was RC'ing on w16 once. Evil Chicken decided to make some quick cash from me. I left the altar and came back. He was still there, but didn't attack me. I decided to let him stay, and after a bit: "The Evil Chicken gets bored and leaves". I must say one of the funniest things regarding randoms I've seen.

With the maze, I've noticed that the path alternates between about 3 set paths. I've memorized these paths, and was able to complete them rather quickly. I still remember how suprised I was when I got over 500 deaths as a reward, and the time I got 700 chaos.

What are your stories?

I'll say randoms are fun! 156 deaths & 34 nats from the maze is nice..

840k and 7k bowstrings from the death pile of a guy who lagged out on a swarm... awesome. :D

Ws ages ago though, it got me my torags :) ...

I could really use another one of those sometime :( ::'

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

Heh, i remember when you told me about your 500+ death maze. Now that i have all the random event sets, i dispise most of them. Except for the maze, i love the rewards :)

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

i was 93 exp away from 99 slayer i decided to tidy up house to hold a 99 slayer party .for four days i told all people that i would get the lvl on the friday .

then while doing con on building mode i got a genie panicked and got 99 slayer . i ment to get rc exp i was gutted

burrrppp

Yeah, randoms are fun, I don't understand why some people just complains about them.

Myself I like the maze random the best. My best reward was when I got 100 deaths from it, with 76% left. I haven't done it that many times, so I'm not that good at it. But I will just become better, so I will keep training so Ican get even better rewards!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I got stories with the sandwich lady. I'm not familiar with the names of all sandwiches, so I picked wrong one or two times. Yeah, so that random event is slightly unfair for those that aren't good with their English or bread names.

I remember some other random event that was hard, I think it's the one where you are given a series of items, and then have to pick what comes next out of 16 images below. Pretty hard to see the images since they're colored all the same and spinning all the time.

Otherwise some of the rewards are great.

While I was doing one of the RFD sub-quests (the dwarf one), I had to head up to Ice Mountain and kill an Icefiend in order to get on with the quest. I ran up from Falador, and killed one, when all of a sudden, another player pops up beside me seeming as though his head was about to explode.

With a face very much like this :twisted: I imagine, he says...

"^%$$% BLOODY SANDWICH LADY! HOW WAS I MEANT TO KNOW WHAT THE HELL A BAGUETTE IS?!!?!?!?! French people must DIIIIEEEE!" (no offence, just a joke)

And almost immediately after that, another player comes up. "Lol," he laughs. "Must be the mountain air."

Yeah, that never did happen :( :( ... Buuuuuuut...I did get around 26 boxes when I was chinchompa training - a personal record for me <.<

sig-4504.jpg

^ Refresh for a new signature ^

090125180013cc9.png

I'd admit they are fun but tey do catch you at some bad times! :notalk:

i really enjoy doing the mime event for some odd reason lol. The drunken dwarf's whisle always gets me laughing aswel

now playing on l0wer cla55 =D (yes i like that name too)

Some level 116 was quitting and giving away a free set of full Verac's to the first person that gets to the Falador party room. I already had the runes on me and was like "YESSSSSS!!!!!!" I hit tele....

"_______, Surprise Exam!"

After I finish that, I get to the party room, and I'm still only the second one there! I saw a lvl 34 trading the 116....

He proceeded to show me his full Veracs.

<.<

Never been so mad at RS in my life

guitarist_rip.png

Metal>everything

Some level 116 was quitting and giving away a free set of full Verac's to the first person that gets to the Falador party room. I already had the runes on me and was like "YESSSSSS!!!!!!" I hit tele....

"_______, Surprise Exam!"

After I finish that, I get to the party room, and I'm still only the second one there! I saw a lvl 34 trading the 116....

He proceeded to show me his full Veracs.

<.<

Never been so mad at RS in my life

Gotta hate the noobs. Kinda like the level 78 I saw get a 3rd Age Kite from a clue chest.

td2sig.jpg

Hate the sandwich lady

I was killing black dragons (Hallying) with a safespot and the lady appears at a spot where if i talk to her I get owned by the black dragon, but if i don't talk to her i get teled

unfair..

sig.gif

Almost always when I do spellbook swap on lunars and then attempt to teleport it gives me a random event which I have to do within 2 minutes otherwise I have to recast the spellbook swap again. It's very annoying.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

Randoms are alright when your not against the clock. They are a weapon against autoers but sometimes say if your alching, you get a random event and it interupts you and it just gets frustrating.

The examination random is useful because you can gain a small bit of exp from it. Randoms like these i can tolerate :P

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

I remember some other random event that was hard, I think it's the one where you are given a series of items, and then have to pick what comes next out of 16 images below. Pretty hard to see the images since they're colored all the same and spinning all the time.

Ah the Exam. I prefer the other question, "What is next" as it doesn't take as long.

I thought the music at the end of the exam random was funny since I wasn't expecting it.