important news regarding my RuneScape character

ixfd64

I've come to the conclusion that incorrect bannings are only one of the problems; the other problem is the customer support, or lack thereof. Of course, we are humans, and we make mistakes. An incorrect banning shouldn't be a problem, as long as customer support actually pays attention to it; in this case, the customer support does not offer the "support" it should.

Andrew promised us "good customer support" when he announced the development of members in 2001.

Due to much demand we are planning on launching a new premium RuneScape service soon. This will bring a whole load of great benefits such as: frequent updates, NO-adverts, good customer support, no scammers/cheaters (we'll kick 'em out), and much more! We're hoping to make it available for just $5 a month, and this tiny amount of money will pay for many great RuneScape updates to come, and will ensure we can keep running RuneScape for YOU.

Whoa, I just saw a pig fly past my window! Did anyone else see that?

wouldn't have anything to do with you being a RSOF mod, now would it?

Well, RSOF forum mods do tend to kiss up to Jagex, but that's not really the point.

The thing is how do Jagex know you're not lying? Short of you getting this person 'who cracked a lvl 91 account and played on your IP/computer' to sign an affidavit confirming your story there is no proof, and just because you think you have 'proved' your not the 'sort' to cheat doesn't really mean anything, I'm sure a number of player mods HAVE cheated and got caught and banned for it in the past and will do in the future despite appearing to be paragons of virtue.

I do agree that the customer service isn't great but thats the nature of the beast (millions playing, 99% childish and not giving a second thought to lying).

Having said all that, if your story is genuine I feel extremely sorry for you.

Edit: the reason the customer service is poor(awful) is because there are far too many bans/appeals to realistically have a real reply from a real person, who investigates the matter. I'd imagine you'd need a dedicated department of at least 1000 people to do this.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, man i feel for you.

This must stink - hope you get unbanned, your another story for us all to take into consideration :o

I feel the same way as you. Hope you get unbanned, because this is really unfair!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Here's Andrew Gower's post in the "Biased Bannings Raises Brows" thread.

Some of it true, while some of it is.. not so true. :|

Don't believe everything you read.

This articles appears to be EXTREMELY innaccurate/biased.

It talks about countless cases of unjust banning, but only seems to give 2 actual examples, both of which were actually just human error, and both of which were corrected and unbanned long before the article was published.

When dealing with thousands of cases a very occasional mistake is inevitable, That's the whole reason we have a ban appeal system, so we can correct it. Pointing at a MISTAKE and claiming it's our policy to behave that way just isn't true!

It is NOT our policy to ban players unfairly as this article seems to claim.

Our policy is NOT to ban players for mentioning a fansite in passing. Our policy is that action should only be taken if despite repeated warnings, they continue to blatantly advertise.

Our policy is NOT to wait for players to gain experience before banning them for a dodgy name. We've actually programmed systems and employed resources specifically to pick bad names up early on. Our policy is unless a name is outrageously offense then unless we spot early on to give the benefit of the doubt.

Our policy is NOT to ban players for trading with family members, if even says this on the rules section of our websites.

All of our customer service team is focussed on educating players, and giving players a 2nd chance, and only banning as an absolute last resort when there is no alternative, or when the offense is extreme (such as password scamming)

Posting untruths about our policies does not make us happy. We are considering legal action against the author of this article on the basis of libel. It would be within the author of this articles interest to remove it and contact us immediately.

I'm replying to the bolded part. This is sort of true and sort of not. The fact is if you look at Zot Muske's banning. She got 10 blackmarks for saying a fansite in passing. She didn't openly advertise it.

Once again, JAGeX is a bit TOO strict about bannings. I'm not trying to insult anyone, but JAGeX is a bit "trigger happy" when it comes to bans. It's something that requires improvement.

j0xPu5R.png

I've finally been unbanned! I'm no longer a player mod, though.

Do you feel you are above the rules?

Theres a sticky in rants for this sort of thing.

If that was directed at me, then no. I've always thought of player mods as regular players, and indeed they are. I've always told fellow p-mods that no-one is immune to bureaucracy.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

I've finally been unbanned! I'm no longer a player mod, though.

Do you feel you are above the rules?

Theres a sticky in rants for this sort of thing.

If that was directed at me, then no. I've always thought of player mods as regular players, and indeed they are. I've always told fellow p-mods that no-one is immune to bureaucracy.

Congrats on getting your account back. Dont worrie about the player mod thing, plenty go without it. :wink:

swordwarior.png

I wonder if Jagex will add a rule 16:

"You must not criticize RuneScape or any of Jagex's processes."

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Edited out because original poster did

You dont know that story, I am fairly sure she would not want you using her name and experience in relation to your arguement.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Tip.it is based in the US. Jagex can't sue, as this is breaking the First Amendment, which says:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Jagex can not sue. We have the rights. Freedom of Speech, and Freedom of the Press. I suggest putting that article right back up on the Tip.It Times, and then see what Jagex does.

One word

SLANDER!

My freinds dad is a lawer and i asked him about this.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'm the only person that this has happened to. Some time ago, Bwareofmef, one of the most respected players, was stripped of her mod position.

This has nothing what so ever to do with you being banned. I know from high sources that you aren't telling the whole truth and as soon as I can get hold of Bware I'm sure she will be giving you an earful for the shameful use of her name.

Katryna.png

U are grasping at straws to gain support and u are doing it the wrong way.

BTW. My situation back then.... lets just say everything has been resolved and forgiven as they are humans too and can make mistakes. Everything is Water Under The Bridge. U need to go through the right channels to do this not try to gain support of the community which your story is very hard to believe in the first place. Sorry but it is. :? PLease remove my name from that. As My situation back then has nothing to do with you being banned for something so serious.

Bware

bwaretiger4ag.gif

Made by Scarletstar

Actually, I wasn't using your case to gain support. I just wanted to show others examples of players being treated unfairly.

Anyways, I've removed your name from my previous post per your request. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Thank you.

Put yourself in a Jmod shoes who has heard every excuse there is for why they did what they did. From..."My little bro did it.. friend did it...I was at someone's house who had a keylog..blah blah..I only went to the bathroom and left my char still on ingame when ......." If u were told this same story..would u believe it? ..right..its hard to wash that one.

Your situation IS very hard to prove and to believe...but u werent just a player..u were a pmod. U allowed a stranger to use your computer? I have played for 6 and half years..this isnt the only game I play too. I have never ever once been hacked. I dont put myself in any risk..nor do i allow strangers to use my computer..nor do I use theirs. U didnt care to remember that u are responsible for what happened and U alone put yourself at risk. Jagex didnt do that but trusted that U wouldnt have done that. Right?

Like I said..go through proper channels and good luck

Bware

bwaretiger4ag.gif

Made by Scarletstar

Tip.it is based in the US. Jagex can't sue, as this is breaking the First Amendment, which says:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Jagex can not sue. We have the rights. Freedom of Speech, and Freedom of the Press. I suggest putting that article right back up on the Tip.It Times, and then see what Jagex does.

One word

SLANDER!

Freedom of speech does not exist on the internet.

Well, it seems that someone reviewed my case again. My black marks have been retroactively removed! :D

I'm not sure if I'll get my seven days of membership or my p-mod status back, though. I know that Jagex doesn't refund membership for banned accounts, but I've heard about a case in which a wrongfully banned player was given membership back.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Yea man I feel really sorry for you. But of course, Jagex isnt gonna do research too much before a ban. There are constant amounts of rule breakers. Being a p mod and an early player doesn't mean you're totally honest. Plus, Jagex has too many people to ban than to research each one of them. but since you got your accoutn back, all is well 8-)

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

One word

SLANDER!

Freedom of speech does not exist on the internet.

Yeah its funny that alot of americans think their laws are world-wide.

If, acting reasonably, we consider that our terms and conditions have or may have been breached, or that it is necessary in order to prevent or stop any harm or damage to us, the Game, other players or the general public or to minimize our liability to others, we reserve the right with or without prior notice to (amongst other things): Terminate (as defined above) or modify any or all accounts of the Game (or any of our other games) which we think are connected with you and/or otherwise block your access to our websites and services and take such other steps as we consider reasonable. Such actions may result in loss of membership credit without refund and/or loss of real money paid as part of any item / account trading or other prohibited transaction.

You agree that your Game character, account and items are and will remain our property.

Terms and Conditions. Pretty much overides "free speech".

If you Americans think you have freedom of speech, go around making death threats to Bush then see how "free" your speech is.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I dunno if you realized that tip.IT isn't based in america. .IT stands for italy. Silverion the owner of tip.it is italian.

Thats why we call it tip.it and not tip.com , tip.org etc etc.

that is just where the domain name is registered in, not necessary an indication of where the actual hosting server is located...

whois information may be a bit more helpful to find where it is based. of cause, it could be routed, but that doesnt make sense.