important news regarding my RuneScape character

ixfd64

that sucks man :( i remember you from back in the day. i say fill out that final appeal, cant hurt. gl w/ the new character.

-poope

Yeah, I remember you. Do you remember that "Cabbage" rank that Dmonik gave us on Tip.it back in the very early days? :lol:

That is indeed quite unfortunate. It seems that customer service online, no matter where you go, is going to be poor - I've had the same experience whenever I try to contact a website or something; it's just automated processing. That's understandable in some cases, but not in this case, where members are supposed to get preferential customer service treatment, and the fact that in this case you're a player-mod with a clean track record. It's ridiculous.

I must admit, I'm rather surprised that many of my customer support queries resulted in personalized responses. It's often conjectured that using certain keywords in a query will determine whether one gets an automated response or a personalized reply, but I don't absolutely know whether it is true, nor any of the supposed keywords.

I think that I would have been less likely to be banned if the person only dueled me. However, since the stolen character was also accessed through my computer, Jagex would easily think that I was the person who stole the account. I've heard that the random.dat file in the cache folder stores the names of accounts that have been accessed on a particular computer.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel your pain. Just 2 days ago, I drop traded some cash from my pure to my main. Jagex thought I'd hacked into my main to do this, and now the pure is banned and the main is locked and I just can't unlock him. But, unlike you, I'm not giving up and have started a new account in the hopes of becoming even better than before. So I feel sorry for you, but giving up like that is weak imo. :?

Ixfd64, I really don't think we ever actaully exchanged words in the past six years but I feel like we known each other all this time. You are truly one of the the most vetran players I can think of and I am shocked by your story. I am equally surprised that you played as long as you did, more than seven years. Wow, thats a lot of time. While it will be nice to be forced out of the addiction so to speak, I do find it sad that all the time you put into the game was just suddenly taken away from you. Oh well, at least you will have fond memories of your time playing and IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m sure you have the emails of several friends you met online.

Danny, thanks for playing Runescape, you made it more enjoyable for many of us.

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

Wow. Jagex is pathetic. Banning you for dueling a stolen account. Lets see here...

Player Mod + No Black Marks + Member + Dueling a stolen account that you had no knowledge of= You being banned. No sense whatsoever. Time to change the equation into a new form.

Player Mod + No Black marks + Member + Dueling the stolen account that you had no knowledge of= Other character getting banned.

:boohoo: Crappy Jagex support. I am lucky enough not to get banned. I think I might be getting close. I log on for about an hour a day. I don't talk that much. I mine coal, and iron. I make it into steel, bank it, and repeat. Now, I don't talk. Makes me look like an autoer. I might be getting banned soon. I need to be careful...

Hope the account is returned to you.

Wow. Jagex is pathetic. Banning you for dueling a stolen account. Lets see here...

Player Mod + No Black Marks + Member + Dueling a stolen account that you had no knowledge of= You being banned. No sense whatsoever. Time to change the equation into a new form.

Player Mod + No Black marks + Member + Dueling the stolen account that you had no knowledge of= Other character getting banned.

:boohoo: Crappy Jagex support. I am lucky enough not to get banned. I think I might be getting close. I log on for about an hour a day. I don't talk that much. I mine coal, and iron. I make it into steel, bank it, and repeat. Now, I don't talk. Makes me look like an autoer. I might be getting banned soon. I need to be careful...

Hope the account is returned to you.

Maybe some tipiters can protest on the RSOF. And don't get me to do it. I would, but i am F2P, so I can't protest on RSOP

Oh, and another thing:

Jagex needs to patch up loopholes in its rules, too.

Rule 3 says that players may not ask for passwords, but says absolutely nothing about accessing other players' account.

Suppose that a player steals an account by keylogging. Technically, the player did not break any rules because (s)he did not ask for a password. Of course, players should know not to steal accounts per common sense, but unfortunately, common sense isn't a rule. :wall:

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Wow, I feel bad for you. If I ever got one of those automated responses, I would have gone to Jagex Tower, gone to Andrew's office, slapped him upside the head Gibbs-style, then force him to increase customer support. :twisted:

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

You know what.... I totally believe you, and I am very sorry that you have lost your account as a result.

But having said that..... was it an incorrect banning? odd question I know.... but with the amount evidence that Jagex would have had that incriminated you (falsely albeit) I would have been more worried if they did not take action.

I think you have been hugely unfortunate to find your self in an extremely rare situation, and really hope you are able to get back on your account.

Mod Hulme = champion pink skirt wearer

And daddy K is also a legend :)

Edit:

Oh, and another thing:

Jagex needs to patch up loopholes in its rules, too.

Rule 3 says that players may not ask for passwords, but says absolutely nothing about accessing other players' account.

Suppose that a player steals an account by keylogging. Technically, the player did not break any rules because (s)he did not ask for a password. Of course, players should know not to steal accounts per common sense, but unfortunately, common sense isn't a rule. :wall:

The terms and conditions of use covers many things that the rules summary does not....

sig2webzx7.jpg

I'm fairly sure that would still go under rule 6 then, although it may be a bit weird form of rule 6...

"Rule 6 - Account Sharing/Trading

Each account should only be used by ONE person."

I feel your pain. Just 2 days ago, I drop traded some cash from my pure to my main. Jagex thought I'd hacked into my main to do this, and now the pure is banned and the main is locked and I just can't unlock him. But, unlike you, I'm not giving up and have started a new account in the hopes of becoming even better than before. So I feel sorry for you, but giving up like that is weak imo. :?

You 'feel his pain'? He did nothing to deserve being banned -- you did. They probably locked your accounts for cheating by drop-trading, which you also just brilliantly admitted to doing right here on a public forum.

Ixfd64, I'm sorry to hear about this happening to you. It is this sort of nonsense that motivates people like myself, who are active critics of Jagex's awful customer support and lack of care and consideration for its customers.

I hope you can get this resolved.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I'm fairly sure that would still go under rule 6 then, although it may be a bit weird form of rule 6...

"Rule 6 - Account Sharing/Trading

Each account should only be used by ONE person."

If someone steals the account and makes it so the owner cant get back on it its still only being used by one person.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

If someone steals the account and makes it so the owner cant get back on it its still only being used by one person.

It's one person total. That means if you own and it and someone hacks it, that's two people.

That means whoever made the account is the ONLY person allowed to use it.

icecube7.jpeg

Wow.

Totally connected with me emotionally here. You think they are your friends, then they suddenly backlash you. It's all so quite depressing.

I wish you good luck on whatever you do to refill the void of the 'runescape'.

Good Luck.

This is a serious flaw in the Customer Support system. I'm going to send JAGeX a message demanding that they look over your account again. This is a major error and it needs correcting.

I don't think that it's going to work, as Jagex doesn't accept 3rd party messages.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

But having said that..... was it an incorrect banning? odd question I know.... but with the amount evidence that Jagex would have had that incriminated you (falsely albeit) I would have been more worried if they did not take action.

Huh?

What do they really have here? From what I can see -- nothing but circumstantial evidence. Do they have any proof that he actually did what he was accused of? Almost certainly not.

It's like convicting a guy of murder because both he and the murderer were seen in the same location.

I think you have been hugely unfortunate to find your self in an extremely rare situation, and really hope you are able to get back on your account.

It is not "extremely rare" at all -- in fact, it is quite common.

The major difference here is that this time they did it to someone who is high profile on a major fan site, and so has an audience to tell lots of people about it. The many thousands of other wrongfully banned people just sink into the silence.

~q

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I'm afraid that Jagex has been doing these banning for at least almost two years.

Last March, a Tip.it Times editor gallantly wrote an article criticizing Jagex of the bannings (saved article / discussion), and guess what happens? Andrew Gower threatens to sue Tip.it for exposing the truth.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

I'm afraid that Jagex has been doing these banning for at least almost two years.

Last March, a Tip.it Times editor gallantly wrote an article criticizing Jagex of the bannings (saved article / discussion), and guess what happens? Andrew Gower threatens to sue Tip.it for exposing the truth.

Sue for what??? Libel? LMAO. It's not libel, because Jagex is totally guilty of it. If I were the webmaster of Tip.It, I would've told Andrew Gower to blow it out his [wagon] because he has no case. Oh, and look: Zot Muske got perm banned for Rule 11, which makes me think she said tip.it and some noob reported her for it. Her first appeal was immediately declined, but her last chance appeal was accepted, so now she is on 10/10 black marks, meaning the least little thing any noob reports her for will get her banned for good.

td2sig.jpg

Tip.it is based in the US. Jagex can't sue, as this is breaking the First Amendment, which says:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Jagex can not sue. We have the rights. Freedom of Speech, and Freedom of the Press. I suggest putting that article right back up on the Tip.It Times, and then see what Jagex does.

Jagex can not sue. We have the rights. Freedom of Speech, and Freedom of the Press. I suggest putting that article right back up on the Tip.It Times, and then see what Jagex does.

That may be so, but legal issues can still be an expensive hassle. Or it may be that Tip.It just wanted to stay on Jagex's good side.

I can understand it. (Though I don't really respect it.)

signew2.png

Tip.it is based in the US. Jagex can't sue, as this is breaking the First Amendment, which says:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I second that.

Ixfd64, I'm sorry to hear about this happening to you. It is this sort of nonsense that motivates people like myself, who are active critics of Jagex's awful customer support and lack of care and consideration for its customers.

I hope you can get this resolved.

~q

Jagex is just your stereotypical big business now. All they care about is money; they shove their loyalists aside, as they know that they could ban those people and it won't make any difference, as even though the aforementioned loyalist may have five friends that leave because of Jagex's poor treatment of their friend, fifteen naive kiddies who don't question anything will take their places. Nothing will ever change until more people start leaving than entering, which won't happen until the game is on the verge of being shut down. In conclusion, we lose and Jagex wins.

td2sig.jpg