Jagex is too punny.

Smavey

I'm sick of the puns in the quests.

Like seriously. EVERY quest has puns. Some quests are even based upon puns!

A brief history of puns in runescape:

I remember the first quest in miscellania. That quest was ALL puns and you know what - it was actually funny! But for some reason jagex (or should i say "lamex") thought it would be sweet to make all the quests from then on to be the same way! Since then - they've added puns EVERYWHERE in EVERY quest! They've even made full quests that ARE puns ( "A hand in th e sand" and "My arm's big adventure"

Some really bad puns

Now the worst part about pungex's puns is that they're terrible! Like look at these puns from the end of "back to my roots". They are TERRIBLE!

vine.jpg

thimeandahalfcopy.jpg

Now I thought those puns were bad - until i did the hand in the sand miniquest:

sand1.jpg

sand2.jpg

And then the worst of them all:

In the funeral the gnome wizard says: "rest in pieces". and then they say something about not having both feet of the wizard and then you say:

foot.jpg

That doesn't even make sense!

Overall, the puns are ruining the quests! would it hurt Jagex to give up on the puns? The puns are predictable and lame (how many times do you need say "need a hand?" in the hand in the sand quest? IT'S NOT FUNNY).

Put some effort in the comedy in your quests.

Jagex is so punny.

EDIT: (changed my screw up above)

and according to the rs polls: 13684 people are scared of the bad puns in rs.

Yeah, I'd like quests a little better if Jagex actually started making them serious again. Just about every new quest has some kind of pun, lame humor bit, or reference in it that kinda makes you raise an eyebrow...

Now that I think of it, that's probably why they haven't continued the plague city series, because it's too serious for the new developers :roll: Gotta cater to all the ten year olds first, after all. -.-

Go rant forums, boi 8-)

As regarding the discussion this can generate, however, I disagree with you on two points. First of all, while a lot of the recent quests do contain a fair number of puns, a good many do not. Secondly, the puns are neither "ruining the quests" nor "predictable and lame", unless you approach them from the stance that they will be obnoxious and terrible. Many of them are unexpected and reasonably clever, and none are so terrible as to ought cause you the great psychological discomfiture you claim. As long as you approach them from a fairly unbiased initial viewpoint, you can enjoy them, and even hunger and thirst for more (well, maybe not that far . . .).

P.S. Contrary to your implication, the "need a hand" pun is only used once or twice in A Hand In The Sand (I forget the exact number of times).

P.P.S. To foot the bill means to provide the means for something, so when the gnome says "Rest in pieces." your character's response means he can't since you never found the other foot, and so Clarance can't fully rest in pieces.

The puns are only as bad as you make them. Read them and don't laugh - you're making a mountain out of an anthill.

Personally, I don't like to read chat boxes during quests :-$, so I don't typically read them. However, if I did, I would just read them and keep a static expression on my face...

~Rcty

Rcty

We have serious quests. There's precious little to laugh about in the Myreque storyline, which is one of the storylines that actually gets updates. Same for the Sea Slug / Slug Menace storyline. Morytania and Witchhaven have pretty decent atmosphere to them, and the Dorgeshuun storyline has some good climactic moments that are a shade more interesting than just confronting another generic boss monster.

That said, I like a good laugh when I'm doing a quest as a break from training. I don't care much for puns, but some of the cleverer humor is very welcome.

I kinda like some of their puns. They offer a good laugh every once in a while. And your right that some of the puns are bad, but hey, Jagex can't make a good pun for every quest, they have to have some bad ones as well.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Aww I'm sad this got moved to rants - my post was a joke lol!

And yeah i'm not gonna lie I did laugh at one pun out loud for like a minute the other day. It was in the path of glouphrie -something about "the gravity of the situation" lol :D

But yeah you guys have to admit to this though: the puns are excessive! i mean there's other forms of comedy! jokes, sarcasm, satire (what my thread was supposed to be but obviously failed miserably lol)

I totally agree with you, what were they thinking putting humour into the quests! It's like they we're supposed to have fun whilst playing! They've already started asking us what we want to make the game more enjoyable, I'm scared guys. Real scared. :roll:

This isn't big brain academy don't take it so seriously.

That, unfortunetely, does have its bad puns. :(

I think Jagex maybe need to broaden the homourous side of the game. I can't remember what quest it's in, but there's cutscene where it talks about the average life span of a Falador Guard only being about 10 seconds or something like that, and then some player comes along and kills them. That was funny.

Or when they comment on the actual behaviour of players in-game. I've seen a few tongue-in-cheek jokes. I want a bit more satire. The puns get very old, very fast.

My character is named after a Star Trek character. I just did the An Enlightened Journey quest, and guess what? Auguste (the balloon guy) is a double of Captain Picard, my character's human form.

There were also many Star Trek references in the dialogs with him.

Also, my favorite line comes from Throne of Miscellania quest.

I can't remember who you talk to, but you say

"Selling Ring of Poverty, 30 mil."

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

I totally agree with you, what were they thinking putting humour into the quests! It's like they we're supposed to have fun whilst playing! They've already started asking us what we want to make the game more enjoyable, I'm scared guys. Real scared. :roll:

Hey man there ofcourse needs to be humour - but there's other ways of being funny other than puns! I mean once in a while's cool - like bad puns can be good right? but when it's 5 bad puns per quest.... that's lame. I think they should still be humerous but ACTUALLY humurous - like stuff like the guard in fally dying - or stuff like "i always eat lobsters i don't know why" and stuff like that right?

I know. Whenever I spot the pun in the quest...

It kills it.

Plus to puns are too horrible to miss.

If there is a single pun in Mournings Ends Part III, I just might jump out of a window.

dbeastsig2.gif

One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

I think there are other forms of humour but the puns are funny. It's garden of tranquillity that says guards have a lifespan of 10 seconds (or whatever it is). I like the humour in the things to do with the wise old man (bank robbery and asking for his partyhat) Slug menace has a random line ("What like surface to air ballistas, intercontinental exploding fireballs and quasi-futuristic henchmen uniforms") but it is still very menacing (pun intended) I personally like the puns and humour and references that jagex puts into the game

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

what did one snowman say to the other snow man?

smells like carrots. *for all you lost fanatics out there <3: *

a man walked into a bar. ow.

why did the chicken cross the road? to get to the other side.

how do you spell aids?

"a-i-d-s"

are you posotive?

"yes"

(give you a minute on that one ^)

why was 6 afraid of 7? because 7 8 9!!!

knock-knock.

who's there?

orange

orange who?

orange you glad to see me?????

-.- look theres a lot of bad puns in life and these are just a few of them. if you want to get over it that'd be great. kthxby ::'

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).