I THINK I KNOW!! New Idea! (future update speculation)

caseye0

A new max level cap would be pretty cool, however they would probably have to tweak the exp rate for each level otherwise it'll start taking up to 10+ million exp for just one level. :-X

I think raising the max lvl amount would be cooler than adding new skills to the game, however it seems they might not do this because of the skill capes making lvl 99 the 'goal'.

Back after 3 years.

jooely.png

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragon smithing? you can't be serious?

The skill interface has changed so the first corner to look is SKILLS.

so most likely a new skill comes out soon. (not that I'm the first who sais that) :wink:

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

It's a nice theory that you have. I can see why you think like you do, but I must say that I don't believe that the new update that Jagex is talking about is what you say. I think that if they were going to max out the max level you can have in a skill they would have done it long ago. These days there are loads of players who, which if the maximum level of 99 was increased to for example 150, would have a level of 110+.

Sure, they have worked for the xp, but it would still be very strange if they just could jump over 11 levels.

I think that this big update will probalby have something with the graphics of the game to do or with a new skill.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I'm hoping the new update will be a completely redesigned bank with tabs and sorting :P

Tabs for amour/weapons/herbs n seeds n secondary ingrediants/quest items ooohhhh and sorting by amount/name/value/ with asc/desc options ... and of course an option in the setup menu to choose between old and new banking styles for all the old heads who like to moan about change :P

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel ...

Or is it just the front of an approaching train!

I'm hoping the new update will be a completely redesigned bank with tabs and sorting :P

Tabs for amour/weapons/herbs n seeds n secondary ingrediants/quest items ooohhhh and sorting by amount/name/value/ with asc/desc options ... and of course an option in the setup menu to choose between old and new banking styles for all the old heads who like to moan about change :P

As far as I know, Jagex have neither catagorically denied or announced that a new banking system was on the cards. From what I've noticed of the gaming world, that usually means they're thinking about it, or they're doing it, and don't want to spoil the surprise.

Jagex said they'd slowly leak information though... I can't see how they could do that without blowing the surprise completely if it were a new bank though... so I dunno. :-k

As far as I know, Jagex have neither catagorically denied or announced that a new banking system was on the cards. From what I've noticed of the gaming world, that usually means they're thinking about it, or they're doing it, and don't want to spoil the surprise.

Jagex said they'd slowly leak information though... I can't see how they could do that without blowing the surprise completely if it were a new bank though... so I dunno. :-k

Whatever it may be i'm sure it will be awesome, jagex pay a lot of attention to what the runescape players want. They have polls, and search through forum posts to find out what the players want and they supply the best they can without upsetting to many haters. In fact i bet they've already told us what they are doing anonymously in a forum post somewhere, just to get some early feedback of what ppl think ... in fact this post could be by jagex ... hehe in fact i could be jagex ... lol :-w

i say we stop speculating and just wait for the update to come out =;

What that narb said. Probaly isnt going to be what anyone thinks..or speculates...

This is a discussion forum ... for discussing things lol i think it's an interesting topic and i've enjoyed reading ppls views and ideas :D

I think the people speculating on the "far east" lands are correct as to what the huge update is going to be. However, I think they'll release a major amount of content for it at once instead of piecemealing it one quest at a time and a city at a time. I'm guessing it's going to add another 25-33% to the map, may have a new skill or two tied in and will dump a good 4 or 5 quests on us at once or in quick succession.

i say we stop speculating and just wait for the update to come out =;

What that narb said. Probaly isnt going to be what anyone thinks..or speculates...

This is a discussion forum ... for discussing things lol i think it's an interesting topic and i've enjoyed reading ppls views and ideas :D

Yesh, yous right. I'm sorry :P

Epee-Signature-2.png

Doubtfull. at 97 your have 1m exp to lvl.....Um lvl 200? Wow whats taht around 10 - 20m exp to lvl? Naw wont happen. Maybe like 110. But no where near 200.

read my post on page 2...

i think its isent a couinsidence that the mac combt lvl is 126 :-w

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

After I got off last night i was thinking and i changed my mind about what i said. When they said over the harizon. Think about when you look over the ocean and try to see anything. Well it just may be time for to asian lands to come runescape. That would release alot of new things to the game. After a while when they put quests up over there and everything it could be as big as the main world though i dout that

So you're saying that they would release chinese or japanese worlds the same way they released german ones? Otherwise i don't see your point because i've played rs from china loads of times. (thats where i discovered rs actually. :P )

Hmmm....

I need a new siggy, get round to doing it later.

Probably.

we would have to prove you wrong, though you have given us absolutely no proof of anything you said. Mere speculations, that, as many will agree, you should have kept to yourself.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I heard that if Jagex doesn't let the level cap stop at 99, it will stop at 999 or something, they can't control it.

However, I don't know a thing about Javascript so this could be just a false rumor.

I don't believe the big update will be MechScape...what has MechScape to do with RuneScape?

I think it will be something as the Eastern Lands as some already said...

As far as raising the level cap... 200m experience is only lvl 126 or something. Skills become ridiculously hard to raise after 99.

In addition, 200Mxp is a cap in itself. It is the 2.1B figure cut down by one decimal point and rounded (this has been confirmed by a Jagex mod) due to Java limitations.

So I guess that means we aren't going higher than 126 levels.

Look up popular topics in RSOF, there are a lot of interesting things there.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top