F2P? P2P? P2C? [Acdcfantony breaks 1000+ Views]

Sinless_Hero

I've said it before and I'll say it again

NOWHERE NEAR "EVERYONE" COMPLAINS

around

20% of players are happy with the update and get on and play it

65% of players aren't bothered either way and just continue to play

5% of players think its good but find small flaws they try to discuss constructively to help jagex

2% of players hate the update and moan about it due to their opinion

8% of players just like moaning and causing trouble and moan about every single update

Sure these figures an nowhere near exact, but they are roughly how it breaks down.

Which clear shows only like 2% moan due to actually not liking the update

the other 98% either just like to moan or enjoy the update.

It just a simple matter of those who moan are more vocal than those who are content.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just look at the grammar and the words 90% of the people that complain use, they are all immature players, probably under 12, that shouldn't even be playing.

Of course, there are other players that complain too, but you can't make all the players happy all of the time.

16185_s.gif

I can't stand how people complain. I think I've complained about one update ever. And that was the orange skill text because I'm colorblind (to an extent) and it made it difficult to read. And they ended up changing that back to bright yellow anyways.

I say be thankful for what you get because Jagex could just as easily give us no updates at all.

a1d50c4e9b.png

269 QP | All Stats 60+ (except Summoning) | Barrows Drops: 8 | Dragon Drops: 1

Nothing is perfect, and some people fail to realize that even in a game there is no such thing as "The Perfect World".

People wil rant, because there's always one person who believes they can make the game better.

I pay to not play for a long time now. While I seldomly play the game these days Jagex don't take donations in any way other than memberships and since I admire their work and what they do... You could say people like me are the exact opposite of the intended topic target. :-k

Those people think it's the "in" thing to whine and complain about something that has absolutely no reason to be criticised for (like the assist system) to try and alleviate their social outcast levels. I don't pay them much attention.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

little imature 10 year olds who have gotten their big bros to make an account for them on rs and steal their sister's credit card and charge it for a subscritption complain like they always do to their parents who spoil them and they start crying to jagex and hoping that they give in and giv em wat they want

simple actually

knight95007.png

i think people see others complaining and criticising and that gives them liscence (permission or encouragement) to do the same. i noticed this trend awhile ago. as well, people are often resistant to change and dont like adapting or learning new things. ultimately, more often than not, they later see the value in the changes. i remember when slayer was introduced, people were vehemently against it and same with a new design for the rs frontpage etc. same thing actually when rs2 was introduced, it's just some people's natural reaction to any change. i've said it before but jagex does pay attention to rants and at the same time, the revenues that are increasing help to put that in its proper perspective.

but i agree that the amount of pettiness and the disrespectful nature of many of the criticisms is a result of allowing too much and people getting to used to pushing that envelope and the more people do it the more likely others will feel justified doing the same.

thankfully it seems jagex has the thick skin required to continue adding new features and new content despite the great likelihood that new features and content will be thoroughly criticised before even being tried or gotten used to and in some cases before the update actually exists.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

Well if you pay for something you have the right to suggest changes, but its just horrible how every update someone will make the stupidest of threads to complain, it seems although sometimes they complain for the sake of complaining.

I remember I went to rants 3 weeks before GWD came out and this person was ranting about how there are no monsters for high lvls (although he was like 78) and then I saw after GWD came out he posted something on rants about how it was too hard :wall: .

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

I dunno why, but I just found your title funny regarding the views thing. Like, how news channels broadcast Breaking News. Breaking News: This thread just crossed 1000 views! :mrgreen:

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

little imature 10 year olds who have gotten their big bros to make an account for them on rs and steal their sister's credit card and charge it for a subscritption complain like they always do to their parents who spoil them and they start crying to jagex and hoping that they give in and giv em wat they want

simple actually

aww no one sigged me :cry: :? :shock: #-o

knight95007.png

i am going to lvl till my parents get me membership

jagex has a good buisness going

ppl play for a long time and their parents start to hear about the game more as the person gets high leveled and also how he talks about the game and how better it would be if he was a member so eirther the parents get him membership for his birthday or something or they are more accepting when the kid pops the question to get him membership

nice work jagex

knight95007.png

I know I'm late to the party... but complaining on RS has always been there. Even before RS2 came out, whining about updates (that were mostly given in RS2) were non-stop.

Besides, Jagex is a company. They know a portion of their customers will always be complaining.

onceiroseik5.png

I don't complain. When I do disagree with an update, I calmly post about it in the rants forum in RSOF. I don't go "omfg Jagex u ruined the game ffs". No, I simply express my views, ask for a change, suggest how to fix it, then end the post.

I don't understand why the rest of the community can't do the same.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.