Land of the Goblins, Assist System and Skill interface

skoda333

Dang, that quest is a killer if you're colour blind. I end up trying almost every colour on every door. #-o

Was abit hard due to blue and purple for me aswell, just remember that examine is there for a reason.

"A goblin guard with blue armour"

"A goblin guard with purple armour"

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New quest looks fun. I like the new skill interface additions. ONe thing that has puzzled me though is how did jagex manage to add extra space between each skill avvy without changin anything? hmmm :-k

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

New quest looks fun. I like the new skill interface additions. ONe thing that has puzzled me though is how did jagex manage to add extra space between each skill avvy without changin anything? hmmm :-k

Yeah i wonder...

here old pic for comparison:

[hide=skillinterface before adding xp to next level]

53Construction.jpg

[/hide]

99AgilitySignature-1.jpg

QP cape (20 october 2007)

Anybody know what the altar in the temple does? (I used my last potion up)

and yeah

[hide=Just my view on one of the puzzles, click to reveal]

I enjoyed the last puzzle in the quest. It was so fun when these RS kids couldn't figure out that circle's area is pi*rÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâò, and when you increase r it goes up squared. (I.e. make r 3 times bigger -> area comes 9 times bigger.) This is very high mathematics in RS :)

[/hide]

And you didn't even need to know the value of Pi to solve it.

that was a good puzzle - easy tho - but funny seeing everybody flip out when they coulden't figure it out lol.

Commas are the only punctuation used to space out numbers.

France uses periods eh.

[hide=Scaperune]

GoblinScaperune.jpg

Muhaha, goblin on scaperune island...

[/hide]

An yeah that's hilarious!! ahhahaha nice

I tried ancient mace, tinderbox, torch, fire runes, abysall whip, qp cape, air runes, lunar staff, red goblin mail, water runes, earth runes, lobster, white fish...

so hmm yeah...

For fun i tryed the keys from the quest and yet another dead end, so perhaps next quest opens the box

cappa_norra.png

Valuable drops ??? Ohhhh yes, let me see cabbage

rswstatement.jpg

Any ideas why Jagex chose to use commas to separate the xp instead of periods (full stops)? IIRC periods are used in the UK (or maybe only England) where Jagex is based. Does anyone have thoughts on the issue?

In the UK, commas are used as a separator and full-stops (periods) are used as a decimal point.

However, most of Europe uses the comma as the decimal point and the full-stop as the separator.

Far less confusing just to use a space as the separator - the effect is the same, you can still read the number more clearly.

Ohes noes! non opening box :uhh:

I tried what I though would be most obvious and tried to open it as a goblin...... sadly I can't transform outside of the dungeon so can't be a goblin at the box :(

I think it's a Pandora's box type thing...... intresting

Surely it's obvious what's in the box ... bird's eggs ...

But maybe [speculation]it's a hint at the new year update[/speculation]

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

Apparently there is a mini quest after you finished quest to get to the land of the goblins and you need ghost speak ammy and ring of visability, gota start it at the temple but i dont know how to get back there.

Someone please post how to get there!!!

Warning, psycho at work =p

i'm gonna check out this new miniquest right now

and i just checked - the new goblin potion gives 85 exp - which is 5 exp more than agil pots - but that's too small to train on. :( darn.

Yea duel arena or grand exchange. Aw well this sounds good.

Too bad I'm a pure and can't do these amazing quests that sound really good in quality in-depth content. :-#

The new interfaces are great, no one should complain, yet complaining about that agility icon...

+1 I'm loving these updates, but i do agree with the people complaining about the agility picture, i preferred the stickman ::'

siggy.jpg

^Click Siggy for Blog^

Apparently there is a mini quest after you finished quest to get to the land of the goblins and you need ghost speak ammy and ring of visability, gota start it at the temple but i dont know how to get back there.

Someone please post how to get there!!!

The cave right by the fishing guild, go back in the cave where you needed the 6 keys t get into with a ghost speak ammy and ring of invisibilty, after talkign to the ghost agree to kill the goblins with no qrmor or gear then bring their bones back to BLQ and bury.

You also learn alot more about that place

sigtsg99rscaz7.png

The Slayers Guild a Slayer Clan led by Axe Man Jack

Proud to have written the most plagiarized Slayer guide on the planet.

Any ideas why Jagex chose to use commas to separate the xp instead of periods (full stops)? IIRC periods are used in the UK (or maybe only England) where Jagex is based. Does anyone have thoughts on the issue?

Commas used to be used in the UK while periods used to be the mainland European style. I've not lived in England for a while now so I can't comment as to whether that's changed or not. If it has, then I suspect they used commas for the convenience of the US market.

FWIW, the German worlds use commas as well. So I suspect the UK is still using commas and Jagex either isn't aware of the European use of periods, or doesn't give a rat's posterior.

hugh_mannity.png

Beat me to it

Why do you idiots think it's so awesome to be the person to post the new update?

The pride of being an author to a popular thread on the forums. Also the exact same cause to the "x+ views, y+ replies" problems next to the thread title. :roll:

EDIT: Anyway, since the new map is as "small" as void knight outpost like Jagex described, is it possible for anyone to map out the place? Like include crucial features like bank, furnace and other possible interact-able doodads?

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

After all the whole goblin storyline. I feel kinda sad that Zanik has disappeared. She was like a big-eyed, short and green chosen commander sister to me.

Btw, Im guessing the last goblin quest will involve something to bring back Yugopatamia....err I mean Yu'biusk and Zanik will come back. If Zanik dosent, im gonna rant like hell.

Im guessing that Zanik is a statue/mummy trapped in the box

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

As well as the quest, miniquest, and goblin pots, there are also 2 new teleport orbs. One goes to Goblin Cave (plain of mud) which is useful i suppose for Fishing Guild or Hemenster if you don't have skills necklace. The other goes straight to Goblin Village. Useful for zammy wines/doric/clues...maybe..... any thoughts?

edit: reading KB, seems Goblin Village sphere was available since last quest (another slice of ham). Ah well. Just plains of mud teleport is new.

To make new orbs talk to the orb maker in Dorgeshen.

TTFN

Try my fully-graphical

copper_forum.png

RuneScape Equipment Bonus Calculator

at http://www.copperdragon.org/

The cave right by the fishing guild, go back in the cave where you needed the 6 keys t get into with a ghost speak ammy and ring of invisibilty, after talkign to the ghost agree to kill the goblins with no qrmor or gear then bring their bones back to BLQ and bury.

You also learn alot more about that place

Is there any reward for this mini-quest??

I live in england and in the 10 or so years ive done mathematics ive never seen anyone use full stops to seperate numbers instead of commas.

English speaking countries use commas, most European countries use full stops. 5,000 is 5 to someone from Denmark not 5k. Whereas in England the reverse is true where 5.000 is 5.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I live in england and in the 10 or so years ive done mathematics ive never seen anyone use full stops to seperate numbers instead of commas.

English speaking countries use commas, most European countries use full stops. 5,000 is 5 to someone from Denmark not 5k. Whereas in England the reverse is true where 5.000 is 5.

Here in belgium, we write 5 000 for 5K, and 5,000 would be 5

5.4 would be 20

99AgilitySignature-1.jpg

QP cape (20 october 2007)