Jagex - Launching two new games next years.

kieranread

Quite interesting the BBC did an article on Jagex :)

BTW: Is it just me, or do the graphics in those screenshots have much better graphics than the real RuneScape?

44233518runescajagex203wt2.jpg

I don't recall being able to play at that resolution, with monsters having that clear textures. :lol:

Dude, the graphics are so good that you can see his nipples. :shock:

There just rendered images, it would be much harder to do that for moving images in game. If you look around the knowledge database and especially the "why should I join members?" area you will see lots of pictures like these, they've been on the site for a long time.

I still have the right to say that Goblin nipples are freaky. :uhh:

Wallettheif.png

lordsalamence.png

jmccainwm3.jpg

The game.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, im glad they gonna stick with runescape for atleast 5 years.

Well we all know that mechscape is one of the upcoming games, wonder what the second one is they kept that undercover. Maybe its just a new game for the fun 0rb thats coming soon.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

BTW: Is it just me, or do the graphics in those screenshots have much better graphics than the real RuneScape?

I don't recall being able to play at that resolution, with monsters having that clear textures. :lol:

There just rendered images, it would be much harder to do that for moving images in game. If you look around the knowledge database and especially the "why should I join members?" area you will see lots of pictures like these, they've been on the site for a long time.

I still have the right to say that Goblin nipples are freaky. :uhh:

What's with you and nipples? -.- :wall:

And those rendered images look awesome :) .

I really wonder though if their two new games'll have as much success as RuneScape did and if so, whether or not they'll stop updating RS sooner or later :anxious:

sig-4504.jpg

^ Refresh for a new signature ^

090125180013cc9.png

that guy in the background has rune plate and d2h on, so i don't think it's another game

Headshotcatcher.png

Did it say that Jagex doesn't advertise? It said something along the lines of 'we use word of mouth'

What about miniclip =;

first of all, runescape is not advertised on miniclip its a redirect. and theirs no big banners, so its like they are affiliates. and 2ndly, they dont i have never seen a runescape commercial or pop up ad any where.

Okayy, so we've got MechScape. Any speculation on what the third game might be? I think it could be first-person, seeing as they only said 'online games', and didn't get any more specific than that. They're obviously leaving the door open to speculation on this one, so it could (highly unlikely) be an FPS if they wanted to. (Is it possible to make an FPS with Java?)

The two "games" Jagex are planning to launch are Mechscape and a website that will have all of their old games made better and many more and newer Java games

But it says games. I think they're going for two moderate-sized games, maybe with set plotlines?...

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

But, said Mr Iddison, Jagex has not set its face totally against games that are part-funded through item sales.

Future titles, he said, may be based around that idea.

Blahh,

Urghhh !!!

I doubt I would want to play those games.

There it is - the new CEO.

Some interesting points from the article:

- RuneScape will be around for at least 5 years.

- New games may involve real world trading (on purpose).

Yeah that sounds good, as long as they control bots well.

Now, they say 2 new games, yet we only know of mechscape, and thnere's been no other leaks of any other game that we know of...

so i'm taking the wild guess at the highly denied RS3, because they haven't had any job ads for their other game like they did with Mechscape; they already have the staff.

And also they say their biggest investment will be in Runescape over the next 5 years. That makes me wonder where all that money will go, you would have thought Mechscape would cost jagex more to make... So i guess something big is going on with RS and this 'second game'.

nAll speculation and i may just be grasping at straws...but hey.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

it looks better probably because its a cutscene; jagex are bound to give one of their most flattering images, to make the graphics look better.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

Did it say that Jagex doesn't advertise? It said something along the lines of 'we use word of mouth'

What about miniclip =;

first of all, runescape is not advertised on miniclip its a redirect. and theirs no big banners, so its like they are affiliates. and 2ndly, they dont i have never seen a runescape commercial or pop up ad any where.

you noob, they have had popups on miniclip, also ive seen a few on sunjava's site. remember the gold trimmed dragon kite?

p9793481.gif

p8170253.gif

five more years at least of RS being their main investment focus? Makes me happy. :)

hopefully they finish the quest stories and tie up other loose ends in those 5 years, but honestly theyre bound to run out of good update ideas so i think 5 years is reasonable.

Scrd_Silence.png

5 years? That'll take us to 2012, by which time RuneScape would have been running for ~11 years, which is a very long time on the internet! How many of us will still be here to care in 5 years' time?

Still, it's nice to see that Jagex is confident the game can keep going strong for such a long time.

As for Jagex not advertising RS, they could certainly do it more than they have done. We don't see advert banners for RS on popular gaming or "cultural" websites, like we do for other MMORPGs. We can't even buy much merchandise, except for those ring-tones and that poster (only available in the UK). There's a strategy guide, but it's more like a welcome pack than a real strategy guide, and it's not very easy to find in shops. I think they're getting most publicity from kids playing it in schools, and from Miniclip.

I'm wondering about who will develop these new games.

They can't take any people from the RS team (especially not from CS...), so i guess they have to hire a bunch of new people?

Because if they draft people from the RS team into these new games, it would mean a worse RS. But i assume they won't.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

PS: Average age of Jagex staff is 22. For all those who suck up to mods :P

Where did you get this statistic from? :?:

it was in the news article, do you not read what threads are about?

IRC.RSCRIPT.ORG #STATS

join us. we dont bite too hard.