Will there be any impact of duel arena update on rares?

Freesia

Price will probably go down. I can't complaint about that since I don't have any discontinued item at the moment. The people will probably sell and buy discontinued items less than before.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you got a rare I suggest holding on to it.

There are multiple rich people now, together with their friends, trying to lower the price even more by posting fake selling threads.

Their plan is to buy a massive amount of rares so they can control the supply and thus the price. In a few weeks/months the prices will go up again giving these people nice profits.

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

Jagex HAS created rares. There's been at least 3 instances I've heard of where a roll back duplicated the rare someone lent to a friend, and I'm sure there are many more.

Are you created by Jagex or by bugs in game? If we think that Jagex created them, we can aswell say that Jagex caused the duping episode in 2003, caused the Falador massacre and every other bug outhere. Exactly, Jagex hasnt' created them.

Also, Jagex has access to the database that stores all our characters, so it shouldn't be too hard for them to add a party hat through that. Finally, Jagex controls store stocks. What's to keep them from putting "Party Hat - Infinite Stock" into the general store?

Maybe not with a snap of a finger, but Jagex CAN add more rares, both intentionally and unintentionally. Also, people who were perm banned, then unbanned after an LC appeal may bring more rares into the game.

Can and will are two totally different things. The first thing we were talking about was that can they be created and the point was at the player level. I've personally never heard of a situation where Jagex has created new rares, but they have increased the supply of them by unbanning people with rares. However I wouldn't still say that our discontinued items weren't undiscontinued after all just because they can still be gotten by bugs or getting unbanned: my own guess is that every year more rares are removed from the game than put back to it through that kind of things.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

I'm sure Jagex will fix the 3k limit if people spam/rant/flame them enough :lol:

I quit a while ago and sometimes check forums, this is something I need to say.

If they keep changing updates to make it benefit us then there aren't making good decisions. If they do change it then Jagex will fail cause they can't keep on one solid update. It gets annoying that if they rant enough they'll do it. Jagex runs the game and should have it work best and prevent sucks scams/rs gold exchange by staking.

Although they'll lose members but it's not the point. Haha, they just reminded me of Hilary Clinton, never can keep their mind to one thing.

Bit off topic there. Hopefully you understand my point.

My guess is it will drop but then come back up...it always happens that way...beside its also the holiday season

The holiday season doesnt have as much of an effect on rares as it once did, now season round they fluctuate. If anything, rares drop do to the mass of people attempting to sell for profit. A long time ago, like 2-3 years, the holidays used to be the ultimate money maker. You could have bought a few santas at like 1-3m each, and sell them for 6-8m, then after the holidays they would go back down.

Itsme7.gif

Jeezus, what a STUPID idea.

It's not like RWITs have that as their ONLY means of trading items..

Now look what they've done, eliminated staking all together?! Now how the hell did THAT help?

Staking was not only good for the rares economy, but it was also a great past time. I made good money, and had good fun staking in the duel arena.

I hate this update, and I'm normally the one fighting on runescape's side update-wise.

knuxrox.gifng[/img]

knuxrox.png

Now look what they've done, eliminated staking all together?! Now how the hell did THAT help?

Lol :lol: i admit that it was quiet a surprise, at least for me, but thats the only real effect on me, a surprise. I never liked staking, or pking for that matter, because ever time i staked i lost 30k here, 20k there.

The only stake i every one anything in was against a lvl 68...and i'm an 88. :oops:

Good O'l Noobs :thumbsup:

PS. When will i ever use this emote? :mrgreen: always wondered that.

MSSW3-Banner.gif

I think sadly, rares are going to drop in price right up to summoning, and even after summoning they will drop until the skill has been established and people know what they might need to train. But in the long term they will rise again.

I'm holding on to mine as long as I can, I'm getting attached to them anyway <3:

I think this and the grand exchange will both effect the RS economy alot. People will probably buy rares for much less so prices will go down. Though if some prices go down there will be less bots so there is some good thuings. I think now stakers will maybe use other combat mean to raise money and the duel arena will be more for fun then profet.

if prices go down there will be more bots as the person needs to get more resources for the same amount of money

just so you know, bots dont bot to buy party hats, they sell the rs money for rl cash

Jagex HAS created rares. There's been at least 3 instances I've heard of where a roll back duplicated the rare someone lent to a friend, and I'm sure there are many more.

Are you created by Jagex or by bugs in game? If we think that Jagex created them, we can aswell say that Jagex caused the duping episode in 2003, caused the Falador massacre and every other bug outhere. Exactly, Jagex hasnt' created them.

They created the game as well as everything in it so if theirs a glitch or bug, they created it.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was just a panic. White went from 340 to 260 to 290 (I got a 290 offer yesterday).

Though in the long term, I think the update has weakened the rare market. These effects are hard to quantify and see, though.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

as soon as people reolize this price drop them will start buying, the price always stabalized then goes up, its just a trend I've seen with past rare crashes. Everyone says it wont and then it does. I expect them to go back up, ALOT, with a bit of time, then drop back down to a stable price similar to what it was.

I hope that happens have the non rare items prices dropped also.

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

They created the game as well as everything in it so if theirs a glitch or bug, they created it.

With this logic they also trained Zezima's xp's, your hp and my magic, as long as abused every single bug as possible.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm