16000+ pages of rants

baalboy5

So far their is more than 16000 pages of rants agianst the 3k max. :|

How far will it go man? by noon(eastern) it probley be 20k, by turkey day it probley be 40k -.-

wow

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

well its a good reason to rant,

i would actually rant about how you have to wait 10 min, and sometimes after waiting say...8 min, the tourny gets cancelled somehow. IMO its kinda unbalanced, and unfair since whatever imbalances the combat system currently has (melee) is put into the game. Ive seen the winners table in the duel arena, most if not all winners are at least 100+

Most of that is childish spam.

There are legitimate points to complain about but the size of that thread has no relevance. People come out of the woodwork to rant and rave no matter what changes, whether it's fair or not.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I just wish they could keep it to the sticky.. My rant got to Page 50 twice and then to Page 44. :shock:

But I agree that the current money cap is ridiculous..

I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
Pics or it didn't happen.
I hate my generation.

Back in 2004, there were insane numbers of rants about Jagex ruining RuneScape by shelving the familiar RS-Classic and forcing everyone to play Rs2 (if they wanted updates). I had the fun of f-modding the RSOF Rants forum throughout most of the first night, and we all know how mature people can be in there when they're genuinely upset.

Some of the themes are the same now. Players hope that by complaining loudly enough, Jagex will give in and reverse the update, or undo whatever change is causing the fuss. Many people seem to be under the impression that if they call Jagex rude names they'll make their point more clearly. (More likely it'll just put Jagex off reading anyone's feedback at all.) Anyway, it didn't really make much difference. They gave us a couple of chances to hop between Rs2 and RS-C, then they moved on to get on with running their game, which seems to have worked out pretty well in the long run.

Of course, back then, I liked what Jagex had done. I still do like "Rs2"! I don't, however, like the new insanely low staking cap, and I wish to goodness they hadn't done it. But having watched people ranting about updates for a pretty long time, I don't believe the rants achieve much. Especially on this update - Jagex didn't kill staking by accident, and they must have known perfectly well what effect it would have.

Oh my.

They do have a valid reason to complain, though, like pretty much everyone else said. I find it funny that the cap is 3k. I feel bad for the poor duellers though.

I really do hope they change it.

7,436th to 99 fishing on July 13, 2008

[hide=Quotes that I lol'd at]

the day the fantastic four come into runescape, i will eat my socks.

what kind of topic is this. ihaven't read it yet

but i now it must be stupid.

[/hide]

1967 pages raising with some pages every min :ohnoes:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Jagex is basically forced to change it back now that they opened that thread and it got 20k replies in 2 days.

If they don't change it back now it will be an even bigger insult to the players

J

100 Combat

91 Strength

70 Defense

82 Attack

85 Magic =)

its over 20000 posts now :shock: :shock: :uhh: :uhh: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Meh, I just saw a suggestion on the first page of 'Deul Arena Changes' in the 'Recent Updates Forum' which kinda solves the problem:

couldn't u better make a max DIFFERENCE of 3k instead of a max stake of 3k?

Why didn't they make it impossible for unbalanced stakes? That way it's pointless for RWTers because they have to transfer about an equal amount of wealth to the account back, which would eliminate the gain, plus keep stakes completely fair. (Okay, it eliminates some kinds of stakes. But it's sure better than what we've got.)

Oh, and it was stupid to do this before the GE. Jagex can't keep track of the economy without the GE.

EDIT: Damn! Double posted!

~ W ~

sigzi.png

20k+ rants so far in the sticky, o the joy... the funny rsof thread gonna be loaded soon 8-)

goodrantlolnm7.jpg

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

I think it may be to do with the fact that, in every world, all the registrar offices are closed at the duel tournaments meaning that people can't do the tournaments.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113