16000+ pages of rants

baalboy5

From what I've seen, it's growing at a rate at about one post per two seconds.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Yeah, this update does seem to have hit a nerve with the players of RS. I think soon JaGex will update the amounts after they realise 3k per 15 minutes is completely useless but I severely doubt things will be changed back as that would show a lapse in the power of JaGex ;).

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

the 3k cap was pretty useless... They would have been just as well of eliminating staking all together. And baisically eliminate the whole concept of the old duel arena, too while they're at it.

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

I often get annoyed at ranters, with their crazy outlooks on the game, but this time I almost joined them.

If I'm honest, even if I only have staked about 3 times, the only reason people stake is so that they can get a good amount of money. Staking 3k in 15 minutes is pointless because most people make more than that in 3 minute by... bowstring making!

Most people woulnd't care less if they lost or found 3k and most would be amused with someone saying: "w00t! 1 hour of staking I win teh 12k max pot! "

I think that if they want to whipe out money transferring then they should limit, as said before, credit to that person, the difference between the stakes.

Also, for some unrelated reason, all the registrars seem to be closed on all worlds in the tournament arena renderring the good side of the new update useless.

I have played runescape for a long time and never found fault with it, but I think that Jagex really ought to have thought through this new update a lot more thoroughly.

EDIT: I think that they are going to use the fact that they know the market prices of items to limit prices in the Grand Exchange too.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Maybe because it's one of Jagex's worst ever updates?

Usually its over a bullcrap reason, but this is good, something needs to be done about it (Lol, i don't even stake and I feel this way)

Doomy edit: I like sheep

(Lol, i don't even stake and I feel this way)

I don't even play anymore, and have only staked really a few times, and it really ticks me off to see such a part of Runescape history just...die; die because of Jagex's business ways and stupidity.

:evil:

All the ranting shows is the emotional immaturity of most of the players of this game. Most have never held a job or been responsible to or for someone else. They think themselves to be the center of the universe because that is the way mommy and daddy treat them. Well, grow up. This is the way the real world is. Things change, and you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t always get your way. And acting like a 2 year old who has had his toy taken away will not change that. :boohoo:

All the ranting shows is the emotional immaturity of most of the players of this game. Most have never held a job or been responsible to or for someone else. They think themselves to be the center of the universe because that is the way mommy and daddy treat them. Well, grow up. This is the way the real world is. Things change, and you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t always get your way. And acting like a 2 year old who has had his toy taken away will not change that. :boohoo:

come on, people acting immature aside, you have to dis agree with this update. completely ruined staking just to slow down rl traders?! not worth it, if it stopped them completely it still wouldn't be worth it...

soldersig.jpg

The ranting is justified. Jagex has no choice but to remove the 3k limit \'

I don't think voicing your opinion and protesting against something you disagree with is childish.

So far their is more than 16000 pages of rants agianst the 3k max. :|

How far will it go man? by noon(eastern) it probley be 20k, by turkey day it probley be 40k -.-

wow

youd think jagex would take a hint...

I did win 1k in a duel against another level 111 though! And it would only let me put 200 against his 1k. Too bad I lost 5k in a tournament that i got owned in the third round of :(

35b9enp.jpg

Maybe because it's one of Jagex's worst ever updates?

Usually its over a bullcrap reason, but this is good, something needs to be done about it (Lol, i don't even stake and I feel this way)

Can you name a worse one? I know I can't. Pure essence was a fiasco that did nothing but help autoers, yet this update beats the record by a mile.

Yes, the world changes. Yes, we need to adapt to changes. Some changes are unavoidable. Some changes need to be questioned and challenged. Every change must have a reason. When I say reason, I mean with reason and logic, benefiting most of the people not just some (in this case, RTWs themselves).

This update was totally unnessary and ridiclious I can't even imagne how they came up with it.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

so sad, maybe the servers will crash and all the ranting accounts will dissapear? :pray:
and maybe we'll find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, maybe MTV will actually have some music shows, and Barry Bonds will stop the juicing. And MAYBE some day stupid people like you will realize that this world is full of complainers, so I doubt your going to find a way to stop them (It'll work out worse than when U.S sent troops to Iraq).

so sad, maybe the servers will crash and all the ranting accounts will dissapear? :pray:
and maybe we'll find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, maybe MTV will actually have some music shows, and Barry Bonds will stop the juicing. And MAYBE some day stupid people like you will realize that this world is full of complainers, so I doubt your going to find a way to stop them (It'll work out worse than when U.S sent troops to Iraq).

but, all those things you said are bound to happen. barry bounds has to die some time? iraq previous to our invasion did once have WMD and MTV used to be music based. for the most part i hope that none of these ever happen.

One can disagree with something in an appropriate manner, which is not what is happening with the riots and deluge of rants. If you think the change in staking does more harm than good to the game, state that. But the crying, whining and self-pity we see instead is not the appropriate way.

Clearly Jagex made a carefully considered decision to injure one aspect of the game to accomplish what they considered a much greater good for the game. You may disagree. But remember, Jagex sees all the players and activity, not just your little corner of it. They are in a much better position to determine the harm done by real world trading than any of us. They are armed with information, we are not. Do you not think that they may be in a better position to weigh the benefit and harm than any of us? If you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t, it just indicates your lack of real world experience in running any kind of operation.

DoesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t anyone else see the comedy of 12 year oldÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s who have never run any kind of operation, made a payroll or been responsible for anything other than themselves telling a successful business with millions in sales and hundreds of employees how it such run its affairs? Think about it for awhile, and you will be ROFLYAO like I am.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The next riot will be caused when Jagex takes the next logical step. It will force all person to person exchanges that exceed either a set gp amount or percentage of price to be taken to the grand exchange. For instance, any transactions in which the difference in value is either more than 10K or 5% of the lower amount will not be allowed unless transacted on the grand exchange. This will be a very handy way to track real life traders.

Wait for it.

:-k

The next riot will be caused when Jagex takes the next logical step. It will force all person to person exchanges that exceed either a set gp amount or percentage of price to be taken to the grand exchange. For instance, any transactions in which the difference in value is either more than 10K or 5% of the lower amount will not be allowed unless transacted on the grand exchange. This will be a very handy way to track real life traders.

Wait for it.

:-k

Never thought of that way, i just thought jagex would remove personal trading from the game altogether, and force us to use GE. see http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=718195

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...