I collect spinach rolls.

no_username4

That's right. I collect spinach rolls. I cherish the randoms that supply them, I jump when some fool (or guy with not enough bank space) drops them. I also get them from friends. Furthermore, I buy them.

I don't claim that they're rare. I recognize that they have value only in my eyes.

Why then, must Jagex kill my hobby? My beloved passion?

Selling spinach rolls is not that huge of a scamming problem. Nobody makes millions off a guy who wants a spinach roll. It's not a widespread scamming problem either. Anyone with any experience in Runescape will know of this scam, and anyone who falls for it will know better.

Jagex has been increasingly pampering Runescape infants (and by that I mean people new to RS) at the cost of actual players. Now they've gone and killed entire aspects of game play, and to what? The benefit of a few dozen people's 10k? I would post on the Runescape forums, but I'm not a member, so I guess my opinion doesn't matter.

In short, I collect spinach rolls, and I'm annoyed that Jagex has taken this away from me. Just wait until they ban cabbage trading.

Edit: Mind your language please, assassin

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that spinach rolls added nothing to the game and was widely known as a scamming item led to the rather obvious ( and pretty late ) conclusion that they shouldn't be traded anymore.

Nobody would scam cabbages however, because everybody knows you can pick a cabbage from just about everywhere.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Yeah... I feel you. I dropped 84 spinach rolls today, as they were like nothing to me anymore.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

You make it sound like JaGeX did this just to annoy you personally...

Get over it, does it matter? You can still get spinach rolls, it is just harder than it was previously.

Therefore, it is harder to get larger numbers, so you should be happy as your collection will be more impressive.

spacescenev24.jpg

I collect strange fruit.. despite the fact that they're tradable i've never accepted them from friends. (was once offered 60 from a friend that knew i collected.. was painful to turn them down :P) I think only collecting the ones you get yourself makes the collection better.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

JAGeX is brilliant. Always thinking of quantity except of quality. Update some -worthless- scamming item, and everybody finds it wondreful.

This is why RuneScape is a game for mainly people under 16, it has no challenges, every hard part is taken away and there's nothing hard in being the best.

Before all the quote horny people start to quote me, I don't agree with scammers, but if you are so stupid to fall for a spinach roll scam, or to go into wilderness (oh wait, there's the ditch now -.-) you deserve it.

signature4s.jpg

My beloved passion?

If collecting spinach rolls is your beloved passion then why do you play RS, where it is just one tiny detail that nobody cares about? Why don't you go play spinachrollscape?

Selling spinach rolls is not that huge of a scamming problem. Nobody makes millions off a guy who wants a spinach roll.

actually, in world 1 people would sell all the time and "scam" lots of people

It got real annoying.

Now they've gone and killed entire aspects of game play

Spinach rolls were not an entire aspect of game play.

Just wait until they ban cabbage trading.

don't give the idiots any ideas.

Oh and btw, I haev 80 something from drops/randoms.

They aren't hard to get.

redbullsigortiz.jpg

That's right. I collect spinach rolls. I cherish the randoms that supply them, I jump when some fool (or guy with not enough bank space) drops them. I also get them from friends. Furthermore, I buy them.

I don't claim that they're rare. I recognize that they have value only in my eyes.

Why then, must Jagex kill my hobby? My beloved passion?

Selling spinach rolls is not that huge of a scamming problem. Nobody makes millions off a guy who wants a spinach roll. It's not a widespread scamming problem either. Anyone with any experience in Runescape will know of this scam, and anyone who falls for it will know better.

Jagex has been increasingly pampering Runescape infants (and by that I mean people new to RS) at the cost of actual players. Now they've gone and killed entire aspects of game play, and to what? The benefit of a few dozen people's 10k? I would post on the Runescape forums, but I'm not a member, so I guess my opinion doesn't matter.

In short, I collect spinach rolls, and I'm annoyed that Jagex has taken this away from me. Just wait until they ban cabbage trading.

Edit: Mind your language please, assassin

they are tradable u foob

JAGeX is brilliant. Always thinking of quantity except of quality. Update some -worthless- scamming item, and everybody finds it wondreful.

This is why RuneScape is a game for mainly people under 16, it has no challenges, every hard part is taken away and there's nothing hard in being the best.

Before all the quote horny people start to quote me, I don't agree with scammers, but if you are so stupid to fall for a spinach roll scam, or to go into wilderness (oh wait, there's the ditch now -.-) you deserve it.

=D>

jordangmsunset.jpg

Well then, now your collecting them and not buying them you incompetent fool.

Oh blah blah, Jagex made it wear I cant buy my spinach rolls and show off to people how I "collected" them when you buy them.

Stfu, thats so annoying.

And like you matter? Your one person, not ten to twenty people being scammed daily. Also, just because anyone who has any experience in the game would know, doesnt mean everyone does.

Go do something like kill moss giants.

Barrows: Lots and lots of pots.

DK: I am not the Dagganoth overlord as i have seen the future of DK.

Dragon: bUTT!

Boo Hoo for you. Now you can't buy spinach rolls. Who cares if people are being scammed out of there money, as long as you can keep on doing a pointless task. Personally, I would rather they weren't tradeable, now every single one you get is a precious piece of your collection, and shows you got a random. So now a collection of 50 is a lot more impressive than a collection of 100 previously. I really can't believe how selfish some people are.

It is impossible to exaggerate the unimportance of almost everything.

Oh blah blah, Jagex made it wear I cant buy my spinach rolls and show off to people how I "collected" them when you buy them.

Stfu, thats so annoying.

By your reckoning, stamps, baseball cards, coins, commemorative plates, figurines, albums, video games, and virtually every other commonly collected item on the face of the planet does not qualify for a "collection". Rather interesting, wouldn't you say?

Your one person, not ten to twenty people being scammed daily.
Oh yes, using statistics regarding music is dumb, but it's perfectly acceptable to make up random numbers in an attempt to give credibility to a flimsy argument. At least two other people in this rant alone have admitted to having a spinach roll collection, so consider extrapolating that out over the rest of the community while you're busy playing with make-believe statistics.

Go do something like kill moss giants.
Sure, because your goals and preferences are more important than anyone else's. Errrrrr.... stfu that is so annoying.... go do something like play hockey? Or, y'know, get laid. There's always that.

Who cares if people are being scammed out of there money, as long as you can keep on doing a pointless task.
...You do realize that RuneScape in entirety is no more or less a "pointless task" than collecting any random item, right? Now, if every MMO known to man were to be shut down under this exact justification, would you honestly be satisfied?

The least you could do is avoid accusing people of being selfish when you have that questionably sarcastic remark in your signature. <.<

There's a tried and true rule where I come from, and it goes like this: "There is no cure for idiocy". Making certain items untradeable will only result in scammers using other items - Arena books or snelms, for example. Ergo, this is nothing but a band-aid solution.

Yeah... Let's ban runescape because it contains scammers? :-k

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Madskater, Frogmann => idiots lol.

Everybody plays RuneScape how they want, do YOU spend all your time on it doing useful things? Don't think so. So don't play mr perfect.

I don't like being called an idiot. Please don't insult people you don't know. Anyways, I was tired and angry when I posted, so that's not how I usually am, but what I meant is that there are few spinach collectors, but a lot of people being scammed by spinach scammers. So is it worth it to let a few people do a lesser used project instead of preventing a bunch of ill-informed people from losing their hard earned GP.

It is impossible to exaggerate the unimportance of almost everything.