I collect spinach rolls.

no_username4

So is it worth it to let a few people do a lesser used project instead of preventing a bunch of ill-informed people from losing their hard earned GP.

If someone is dumb enough to not look up an item before buying in the RuneHQ, Zybez, etc. item databases (sry to all you tip.iters, but we don't have an item database #-o ) then it's his fault to be scammed out of his "hard-earned gp". And yes, it is worth it for a few people to do a lesser-known project.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is it worth it to let a few people do a lesser used project instead of preventing a bunch of ill-informed people from losing their hard earned GP.

If someone is dumb enough to not look up an item before buying in the RuneHQ, Zybez, etc. item databases (sry to all you tip.iters, but we don't have an item database #-o ) then it's his fault to be scammed out of his "hard-earned gp". And yes, it is worth it for a few people to do a lesser-known project.

Not everybody knows about runehq, zybez, etc. I only found out about them a year ago, and I've been playing for 3+ years. And usually if someone is saying "I'll sell to you for 10k, but they're worth 20k, but you gotta buy now cause I need the money fast, please hurry up," your not thinking, "Hmm, maybe I should take time to look this up to make sure he's right, and if he is, then I just lost that 10k I could have made." You're thinking, "What a deal, hurry hurry hurry!" And more people have their gp saved from scams then people who collect spinach rolls. And if your new enough to be scammed by a spinach roll, you usually are new enough 10k is a lot. Enough to make you decide that your doomed in the game now, so you quit.

It is impossible to exaggerate the unimportance of almost everything.

I feel the same way. I had a charcoal collection, (an item tradeable in f2p but only obtainable by members) and now, there's no way I can get them anymore.

However, it does feel better that charcoal is much harder to get in f2p. It's like possessing a bunch of untradeable discontinued items.

For Chicken Collector, they are gonna make it Non-Tradeable-Item

Why? Jagex isn't just sitting there thinking "Hmm...I see people are collecting this item, let's ruin their fun and make it non-tradeable." After all, everyone collects coins, should those be non-tradeable? They saw people were being scammed by people claiming spinach rolls and such were rare, so they made them untradeable. There are no chicken scams out there (that I've seen) so no need to ban chickens.

Oh, and be glad they didn't just take them all out of the game, like with my precious ax handle collection :( R.I.P. beating sticks

If you get scammed cause of a spinich roll, thats your problem. Really. Don't be a crybaby.

If you get scammed, it is partly your problem for not taking the initiative to find out about it, but that's no reason Jagex shouldn't try to prevent scams that are easily prevented.

JAGeX is brilliant. Always thinking of quantity except of quality. Update some -worthless- scamming item, and everybody finds it wondreful.

This is why RuneScape is a game for mainly people under 16, it has no challenges, every hard part is taken away and there's nothing hard in being the best.

Before all the quote horny people start to quote me, I don't agree with scammers, but if you are so stupid to fall for a spinach roll scam, or to go into wilderness (oh wait, there's the ditch now -.-) you deserve it.

=D>

=D>

Shots-Sig.jpg

Yeah, really. If someone can afford the hundreds of thousands of gold it takes to buy a spinach roll at those scammer prices, they're probably experienced enough to know that they're not rare.

I doubt anyone was being scammed at all, more of just people spamming the banks trying to sell the rolls.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

Yeah, really. If someone can afford the hundreds of thousands of gold it takes to buy a spinach roll at those scammer prices, they're probably experienced enough to know that they're not rare.

I doubt anyone was being scammed at all, more of just people spamming the banks trying to sell the rolls.

The scammers don't sell for hundreds of thousands, but tens of thousands. High enough to make it worth while, but low enough new players can buy them. Plus the fact that gold buyers buy them, but I hate them anyways so just let them buy rolls :)

guys don't forget that his rant was in fact to rant about something he is displeased about, namly spinach rolls now being untradable. this rant is about spinach rolls not bashing the author (sorry i forget ur name) he is simply saying that he is angry

say your collection was banned weather in rs or rl you'd be angry too

Choulapa87.png

And someone complained about when shops went to infinite stock because their 9k hammer collection was ruined...

I'm sorry your collection is harder to add to now, but isn't it better that it's priceless?

/FG/First thread post to when I joined the family.

VR48f.jpg

[hide=Insert rant here]blahblahblahLIFE[/hide]

img

I saw that 9k hammer thing. He was saying it was now easier for other people to collect hammers. I can probably get like 10k an hour or more if I tried, while at Catherby.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

Don't worry, you'll overcome this obstacle, think of it as a new challenge that stands in the way of your hobby. If you decide to quit, then i'm sorry to hear that, but if you keep on pursueing your hobby, that just shows how determined you are. Guess i'm just trying to get you to look on the bright side of things, good luck!

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

Yeah I wasn't very happy about that update either :(, cause I collect them too :P. It was a little saddening, but I'm gonna fine I'm certain :P. Runescape is [again] losing interest to me anyways. But I might keep my membership long enough to see what Summoning is like. Then again I might not :P.

Blakdragon39.png

Boo Hoo for you. Now you can't buy spinach rolls. Who cares if people are being scammed out of there money, as long as you can keep on doing a pointless task. Personally, I would rather they weren't tradeable, now every single one you get is a precious piece of your collection, and shows you got a random. So now a collection of 50 is a lot more impressive than a collection of 100 previously. I really can't believe how selfish some people are.

+1 Froggy.

They're still in the game, it's not like they were deleted entirely. So what if you and your spinach roll collection has been set back? At least now some kid who's been saving for ages to get 20k hasn't spent all of it on a spinach roll because a lvl 70 told him it was rare. You wouldn't really want to understand how that would feel, of course, because your spinach roll collection comes first. Never mind what's best for a lot of RuneScapers, as long as your spinach rolls are fine.

Life goes on. Even if it has to go on with a smaller number above that little green cylinder in your bank.

Plugpoint92

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

do YOU spend all your time on it doing useful things?
Yes, actually, but "useful" is largely subjective, depending on the end one wishes to achieve.

what I meant is that there are few spinach collectors, but a lot of people being scammed by spinach scammers.
Considering that there are 5-6 people in this thread alone claiming to have had spinach roll collections, I'm going to have to question that claim. If you have any solid data relevant to this matter, please bring it forth for examination.

And usually if someone is saying "I'll sell to you for 10k, but they're worth 20k, but you gotta buy now cause I need the money fast, please hurry up," your not thinking, "Hmm, maybe I should take time to look this up to make sure he's right, and if he is, then I just lost that 10k I could have made." You're thinking, "What a deal, hurry hurry hurry!"
Sure, if you're extremely gullible and socially inept. The rest of us are thinking, "Is it worth risking my money with a person who's acting so suspicious?".

If you get scammed, it is partly your problem for not taking the initiative to find out about it, but that's no reason Jagex shouldn't try to prevent scams that are easily prevented.
Great, except that this prevents scamming like the shop update prevents autoing. You have to realize that it's only a matter of time before scammers find other items to use in their scams. It's happened before - remember when people were selling a worthless leaf-blade spear in place of a guthan's spear? Jagex made the leaf-blade spear untradeable, and some scammers started using ahrim's staves instead.

If you take what you are told at face value, you will inevitably get burned, and sadly, that's just a fact of life. Scammers are the scum of the earth, but perhaps it's best to learn a hard lesson over 20k worth of mahogany logs rather than over your credit card number. Besides, the ol' universe is doing a mighty fine job of building that "better idiot" - and I'll be damned if anything within Jagex's power is going to put an end to that.

what I meant is that there are few spinach collectors, but a lot of people being scammed by spinach scammers.
Considering that there are 5-6 people in this thread alone claiming to have had spinach roll collections, I'm going to have to question that claim. If you have any solid data relevant to this matter, please bring it forth for examination.

Both claims are irrelevant. It's like going to a Chicago Bears Stadium to record a census on "America's Favorite Football Team" or something like that.

Out of 100 people in the stadium, 95 picked the Chicago Bears as their favorite team. Does this data accurately reflect the results of the census? No! The source is biased..

Therefore, we can't determine the actual popularity of spinach roll collecting by people who post in this thread. Nor should we make assumptions, for that matter..

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif