Ahem.... New thing for next year is summoning...

Goldenjkered

awesome! combat and non combat assisting animals. and sweet, summoning seems to be the one skill that has been worked on for like 3-4 years lol. Its going to be insane!

(who were the goofballs that said sea faring skills, etc etc. lol,)

I am guessing a lot of players quit members on their stakers, even though they probably kep their mains. This is just Jagex's way of getting more subscribers as they have previously stated that they have an upsurge in signups whenever a new skill is released.

lol, members subscriptions? why do you play if you think jagex is soo evil/greedy. Personally, i think since this skill has essentially been talked and worked on for around 4 years, there really is no point talking about 'subscriptions'. If jagex wanted subscriptions they wouldve made a high reward cheesy update that was members only. This is just a long awaited update. GJ jageX

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its no longer a triangle, it's a combat square!

Lol, looks awesome, so becoming a member. Cause i dont even get the duel thing cause i'm just f2p right now, but summoning looks interesting and my curiousity will force me to waste 5 bucks

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

It's cool although i'm not very excited. Summoning's never been that interesting to me. But life runes are gonna be really expensive the first few days <.< Wonder what the skill cape emote will be? =P~

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

It's cool although i'm not very excited. Summoning's never been that interesting to me. But life runes are gonna be really expensive the first few days <.< Wonder what the skill cape emote will be? =P~

If life runes go into the mage stores, then there will already be a set price when they come out, because of the shop having unlimited stock.

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

Mmm, I have trouble envisioning this. Imagine already crowded training spots infested with hordes of animals on top of the hordes of players.

Still, they seem to have put a lot of thought into this, so I'm curious. It'll be great if it's a skill that interacts with all the other skills. Preferably not too expensive either. I'm guessing we'll finally have a use for bird's eggs.

And on a personal level: that 2000 total goal of mine is very feasible all of a sudden :D.

I am guessing a lot of players quit members on their stakers, even though they probably kep their mains. This is just Jagex's way of getting more subscribers as they have previously stated that they have an upsurge in signups whenever a new skill is released.

lol, members subscriptions? why do you play if you think jagex is soo evil/greedy. Personally, i think since this skill has essentially been talked and worked on for around 4 years, there really is no point talking about 'subscriptions'. If jagex wanted subscriptions they wouldve made a high reward cheesy update that was members only. This is just a long awaited update. GJ jageX

I never said Jagex is evil, nor do I hate them. They themselves said the reason they have updates every week and new skills is to get more members. I don't expect them to spend their own money to run RS. We need members or otherwise Rs will die. :roll:

You are the one who equated wanting more members with greed or evil. Not me.

It's interesting, but with each addition, we see surges of growth.

Andrew Gower also said "We saw a huge surge with our recent addition of player houses..."

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_i ... tory=13769

Awesome politicking there by Jagex. This clearly wasn't planned from the beginning, but is rather a rapid response to the furore over staking. While they should've been able to anticipate what the response was to their changes, at least it's clear they know how to minimise their losses.

Plus, I'm looking forward to this one. It's possible that at least one of the animals will take the form of additional inventory space, which would make the majority of the game so much easier. There'll doubtless be a way to balance it, but I'll be there on the first day yelling, "Bag-Shaped Creature #14, I choose you!".

"Join me next week on 'Let's Make No Freaking Sense', when I shall be waxing an owl."

- Green Wing

Barrows Drops: 1x Verac's Flail, 2x Karil's Crossbow, 1x Torag's Hammers, 1x Karil's Leatherskirt, 1x Karil's Coif

Why am I waiting for the other shoe to drop about this?

Jagex have consistently proven they mangle and distort any decent ideas into something terrible.....

Their ideas about updates seldom fit the bill to people who have played the game day-in, day-out for years...

Don't get your hopes up too soon kiddies, they may just get dashed again :(

Of those who say nothing, few are silent -=Thomas Neil =-

lets just hope it isnt a money burner but a hunting helper and stuff like they said to make money back

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

Massive Rune Price Jump Hoorah!

Actually I think a new spellbook/set of runes will be released for the summoning skill. Whereas mind,chaos,blood,and death runes cause damage I'spose there'll be a new rune or a few new runes to summon.

Just my two cents

~Knotch

I never said Jagex is evil, nor do I hate them. They themselves said the reason they have updates every week and new skills is to get more members. I don't expect them to spend their own money to run RS. We need members or otherwise Rs will die. :roll:

You are the one who equated wanting more members with greed or evil. Not me.

It's interesting, but with each addition, we see surges of growth.

Andrew Gower also said "We saw a huge surge with our recent addition of player houses..."

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_i ... tory=13769

I equated because you implied it. Anyways, my bad, i misunderstood your tone of voice ::'

w00t summoning!

---

I dont think there will be much lag; maybe the monster will have time limits? like, summon rabbit for 30 seconds -> cannot summon rabbit for :thumbsup: another 5 minutes? Either way i think that the game engine could take it =

Edit: Looks like you'll be able to summon dogs, rabiits etc to follow you around and help you fight and possible to help you train skills. I can imagine the lag now...

In the development diary Jagex said that they already thought about the lag issues and figured out a way to make it work.

First, we were thinking these animals would work like cat followers, in that to level the Summoning skill you'd need an animal out following you 100% of the time. "We were, however, keen on not wanting to turn the game into PetScape," says Mod Mark. Also, prototyping and testing made it obvious that creating the entire skill this way wouldn't have worked for technical reasons - every player with a pet out all the time would cause too much slowdown. It works on a small scale with cats, and might as a future Summoning update, but the completely follower-based approach was ruled out and, again, the skill was put on hold to await better technology and a fresh approach.

I am very excited for this update and have every confidence that Jagex will implement it the best way possible. If summoning does use life runes I hope I have the runecrafting level for it :)

Aulderic.png

I've killed over 20,000 dust devils while training to 99 attack and have still not gotten a dragon chain.