What is going on here?

Behind_you0

Maybe, this thread isn't important. However, I think it is. If it's placed wrong, feel free to move it/close it.

*Note that 'we' = the whole Runescape community here*

Since a few weeks, everyone is complaining, blaming Jagex, predicting Runescape is destroyed. We had our 20+ Grand Exchange topics, our rants about the Dueling Arena.. Why?

I don't get why everyone is that negative. Is it fun? Is it fun to have 5+ topics on General where is predicted GE will destroy everything?

Mechscape

"Mechscape will ruin Runescape". Yeah sure, it isn't even released and we know nothing about it.

Lootshare

We got the Lootshare update, everyone's complaining about the bugs.. We should be happy Jagex puts effort in cheatfree Monster hunting. We aren't, we want to rant.

Assist System

Another update to help us. Just a small update, with a target to make risk-free Furies and stuff like that. We blow it out of proportions, and bug Jagex.. ITS USELESS@@@##. No, it isn't.

Dueling Arena

Phew, what to say about is. 27k+ posts on the rants-sticky? Why? If Jagex thinks this is best for us, so be it. I understand it sucks when your main moneymaker is taken away, but you can't change it. And you could try your 'superstaker' at the tournaments.

Grand Exhange

I don't think I'm much wrong if I say we got around 20 topics predicting the downfall of Runescape because of this update. And the worst thing is, IT ISN'T EVEN RELEASED! Why do we need 20 topics, even before it's released? I think one topic would be enough, and we could just wait until it's released before blaming Jagex for ruining Runescape.

This is my opinion, which I would like to share with you. Flame constructively, or else just go to another topic. I just would like to say, be more positive. Wait with ranting until you know everything about it. I don't like TIF and other Runescape communities to turn in a bunch of ranters, and pessimistic people.

I could've made some grammar mistakes, by the way.

sigdk2fa4.png

Here's my blog: restoring it soon | Achieved 99 Crafting

Quoting yourself is laaaaame

I've never complained about lootshare or the assist system but yes, the duel arena update was completely ridiculous.

Dueling Arena

Phew, what to say about is. 27k+ posts on the rants-sticky? Why? If Jagex thinks this is best for us, so be it. I understand it sucks when your main moneymaker is taken away, but you can't change it. And you could try your 'superstaker' at the tournaments.

Saying JaGex thinks it's best for us doesn't make it right. How do we know it's best for us? It has caused a lot more unhappy feelings compared to happy ones which can't really be that good.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

I could've made some grammar mistakes, by the way.

:P

I agree with most of what you said. I don't agree with the duel arena cap though but life goes on. I just hope Jagex won't be as controlling about how players spend their money when GE comes out as they have been with staking.

reddragon.jpg

MSSW3-Banner.gif

People react bad to change, if this change has a negative effect on them, they try to change it back to its original state.

The only way to do this on Runescape is simply by whining, ofcourse constructive critique works best. But for the simple minded, its the best solution.

Deal with the whiners, because the whiners will definitly not care about you.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

I personally think Jagex have done a good job of improving Runescape over the last few years, there are always going to be ranters. I really don't think Staking was ever a good thing on Runescape. Leaves a lot of people unhappy and it ends up being their only thrill on Runescape, very addictive and turns them into sore losers and angry people.

There are my views.

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

I've never complained about lootshare or the assist system but yes, the duel arena update was completely ridiculous.

Dueling Arena

Saying JaGex thinks it's best for us doesn't make it right. How do we know it's best for us? It has caused a lot more unhappy feelings compared to happy ones which can't really be that good.

I trust a large team of full-time professionals who created the game to try and find a resolution for Real World Item Trading than I do with a few hundred thousand whingeing 16 year olds.

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

Mechscape

"Mechscape will ruin Runescape". Yeah sure, it isn't even released and we know nothing about it.

they posted its not even coming out...if it was they won't hide it...

Mechscape

Who posted it where? If it ain't by Jagex themselves, then it's another rumor mill.

But finally, someone speaks out against the pessimism and rants of these new/speculated updates. Bravo.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Dueling Arena

I trust a large team of full-time professionals who created the game to try and find a resolution for Real World Item Trading than I do with a few hundred thousand whingeing 16 year olds.

A very small minority of people RWT by using the duel arena and JaGex has technology to pick up when that happens in most cases. People have the right to oppose what happens and really in your post you're just glamorizing the team who produced this and belittling the people who oppose the update which is unfair against those who are complaining, especially those with valid points.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

Im with you, people complain too much when its all done for the greater good.

You're only saying that because none of these updates really took away anything from you. If they were to delete CW tickets 'for the greater good' you wouldn't agree with it.

jordangmsunset.jpg

Dueling Arena

A very small minority of people RWT by using the duel arena and JaGex has technology to pick up when that happens in most cases. People have the right to oppose what happens and really in your post you're just glamorizing the team who produced this and belittling the people who oppose the update which is unfair against those who are complaining, especially those with valid points.

From what I've been told, although probably the majority of RWTs were conducted outside of the Duel Arena, the 'big' ones (lots of money involved) would use the Duel Arena as it is, no matter what you think, a lot harder to detect than trades/dropping, which in turn explains the huge number of Stakers which were banned for RWT not long ago.

Yes people can complain about what they want, I never suggested that people should be 'silenced'.

I merely stated that I think the team at Jagex have a much stronger grasp on the whole RWT situation and clearly must have looked at many possible solutions on how to resolve the issue and have decieded that in the best interests of the game as a whole that the the whole Dueling system should suffer, as apposed to something which many more players use (you must understand that compared to other mini-games, there are not many players that Stake).

I'm sorry if it makes the people complaining feel like I'm belittling them, but it's highly unlikely that I will give a damn about their demands because they're simply laymen. :|

You wouldn't walk up to someone in the street and ask for their opinion on what reforms should be made concerning the defense of Diminished Responsibility to Murder because they're simply not qualified enough to be able to propse any decent changes.

Just like I don't care about what 99% of Runescape players are complaining about simply because they don't even understand the whole situation, the various alternatives or the consequences well enough to have the right to even complain.

As I've always said; If you don't like the product, don't buy it.

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

Mechscape

Who posted it where? If it ain't by Jagex themselves, then it's another rumor mill.

But finally, someone speaks out against the pessimism and rants of these new/speculated updates. Bravo.

O L A N: Why would want people to play a game that is only speculated on?

As far s I am aware that is just a rumour anyway, as it stands there is no such thing as Mechscape. So please avoid jumping to conclusions and speculating on conspiracy theories.

~ MMH ~

Quick find code: 27-28-630-54011496 - Page 1869

---

Although, personally, I either think he's misinformed or he's lying (or bending the truth). I think there's too much information to suggest "MechScape" is coming out (whether it be with that name, or not).

On topic: I agree with topic creator; the amount of rants at each update annoys me a great deal.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

Last sentence made me laugh. I don't know why. Sudden change of tone maybe?

I think that we should appreciate what we get. People complain about updates until they find some way of getting easy money/items using it. Take unlimited stock. Half my friends list was complaining that they couldn't get cheap runes until I told them about easy choco bombs/str pots/etc.

dueling isnt my main money maker but i did try it out and and managed to lose 10mil out of boredom but anyway.

jagex might aswell limit the number of logs and ores you can carry to 5 since autoers use logs to trade with to their main accounts.

also limit the run energy to 5% since autoers use it sometimes.

also limit the coins you can carry in your inventory to 10k since autoers shouldnt bother having more than that.

:-s

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

Good to see more people agree :D. I can understand people are sad because Jagex took away their main moneymaker, but why should you keep ranting? Jagex are professionals, they get paid, they haven proven themselves in the past, and still we don't trust them.

sigdk2fa4.png

Here's my blog: restoring it soon | Achieved 99 Crafting

Quoting yourself is laaaaame

Yes, the question that we should ask ourselves is: Why're so many negative to Jagex's work, when they're just trying to do the best for us players?

Try to be poisitive :D

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Yes, the question that we should ask ourselves is: Why're so many negative to Jagex's work, when they're just trying to do the best for us players?

Try to be poisitive

+1

But sadly even if Jagex makes a perfect update some people will rant... about nothing to rant about! *()/V\6 J3g3x 1t iz 2 gud n3rf 1t!* <.<

its a minigame thats supposed to be fun - it nded up only for moneymaking

Ive been saying tht since the change...Got called "noob" alot -.- People act as if Jagex is doing everything specially to annoy them. :boohoo:

Also, i tried farming once and my potatoes died, put me off forever.

I like the assist system and lootshare (to an extent) but the duel arena was a heavyhanded way to annoy duellers and effetc RWITers a little.

The Grand exchange is bound to be a replacement in some way for normal trading like the Duel tournaments were small compensation for the loss of the duel arena 1v1.

However, the duel update does not affect me but it was a shock, and it did seem quite stupid :-s

It has effected everyone in some way;

Whether the amount of ppl at your mining/wcing/hunting place has increased.

Whether you can no longer stakes.

Many prices have changed, you may find this inconvenient.

Many people have quit, maybe some of your friends.

And many more.

PS expect to see trading limited in some way soon.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...