Girls in RuneScape

Plugpoint

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a girl in both Runescape and Real life (I know, I can't believe it either :P ) in the month I have played runescape, I have been asked out 4 times and on the last occasion, when I turned them down saying I did not date in-game, I was accused of being a man, which I found both funny and annoying. Now sometimes, people can confuse your gender on accident, but sometimes, people do it just to be totally annoying. At the end of the day, girls do play this game, and we play it because we like it, not to get a boyfriend.

On the other hand, there are girls out there who do want a boyfriend to get things, and there are boys out there who pretend to be girls, but saying all girls are either one is stereotypical.

I don't care what other people believe. If they accuse me of being a man, then it's their problem, I know for a fact what I am, so why bother talking to some 12 yr old?

Sometimes when guys say inappropriate things, I just tell them that I'm a man, and then they'd leave me alone.

[sig inserted here....in few days]

I don't care what other people believe. If they accuse me of being a man, then it's their problem, I know for a fact what I am, so why bother talking to some 12 yr old?

Sometimes when guys say inappropriate things, I just tell them that I'm a man, and then they'd leave me alone.

at least they found out before they slept with you jk y would they be hitting n a man nyways? :ohnoes:

Im so high I belive i can flyrang3_x_2h.png

at least they found out before they slept with you jk y would they be hitting n a man nyways? :ohnoes:

Pwnz0rzx, if you have nothing useful to say then don't say anything. Seems like you're just posting random crap on here to increase your post count or something.

Princessa9, if I tell them I'm a guy I get called a poof for having a girl character lol #-o

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Personally, I haven't had much problems with being a female in a male dominated game. Okay yes, occasionally people say I'm hot, which is pretty disturbing... :-k

I think I've only been accused of being a man once, which promptly led to people in the vicinity defending me. How very gentlemanly of them ::'

Happy New Year, by the way :D

Personally, I haven't had much problems with being a female in a male dominated game. Okay yes, occasionally people say I'm hot, which is pretty disturbing... :-k

Lol "Z0mg U R Teh H0tt13!" ...Actually, I look the same as every other person in-game...

At least that trade limit's in now to stop begging. Well, attempt to, I guess 3k's a lot to a newb.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

I hate how I am seeing more and more male players starting to treat RuneScape like eHarmony...or in other words RuneHarmony! I have seen male players ranging from levels 10 to 112 asking for girl friends and online relationships. Whenever I have denied one of those relationship seekers they blurt out obscenities like: "Get a life b*" and "Nerd." Now let me see, I'm the one who is a nerd and needs to get a life for possessing no desire to go steady with a pixelated sprite :-s (seems like they need to sort out their priorities)? But not all the male players view us in such vulgar ways and it is a shame to see how their reputation is trashed due to those guys. On the other hand, our reputation is constantly trashed by noob players who create female characters just for handouts <.<. Which is why no one wants to accept the fact that there are actual girls who play this game...*cough*or an elaborate conspiracy to create an army of fake females to allure the male denizens of RuneScape to become powerless and give all their riches away, which is what is really causing the economy to crash! Oops I've said too much!*cough*

At the end of the day, we must not generalize each other and ignore the idiots who are contributing to such awful generalizations. Nice rant Plugpoint!

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

^ Lol at the small-fonted message :XD:

But in regards to what you said about guys on RS having their reputation trashed, I admit that a lot of RS players are guys, yet most of them are fine. I've never seen them as having a bad reputation tbh

And yar u r teh loooooserrrrr for not dating another pixellated character...

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

I feel your frustration Plug! Honestly, I seriously dont get why some people just cant accept the fact that there are women who like to play video games. Is it really that hard to believe? Who ever said that video gaming is dominated by men? Pfft, some of the greatest gamers on this planet are women for crying out loud!! :wall: :wall:

Lol although I have to admit its hilarious to watch on certain clan chats *cough* *cough*, when someone states they're female, everyone is like: "WOAAH!! Your a girl?!?" ::'

Hehe, looks like I ranted a bit on your rant :wink:

Oh btw....Man Skirts ftw!!! \'

Haha like the other rant. ::'

The One and Only Archangel O:)

\'

PS: Another thing....why do people think *im* female??!! :wall:

ArchangelSignature.jpg

Arch, people think of you as a girl (not me though O:) ) because there's 'angel' in your name.. I think thats why anyway lol

I've been on the chat pretty much since clan chat came out and people STILL get shocked by me being a girl lol #-o Ah well

Plug ::'

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

PFFT!! So what if "Angel" is there? Its the "Arch" infront that matters! Come on, say it yourself "Archangel." Drag the Arch! "Arrccchangel!" Now doesnt that sound cool \'

Ahh well, its only the new people who still think your a girl. And no worries! They will learn and (hopefully :pray: ) remember it! If they dont...*takes out mod stick* :twisted:

Mwahahaha

Archangel

ArchangelSignature.jpg

PFFT!! So what if "Angel" is there? Its the "Arch" infront that matters! Come on, say it yourself "Archangel." Drag the Arch! "Arrccchangel!" Now doesnt that sound cool \'

Ahh well, its only the new people who still think your a girl. And no worries! They will learn and (hopefully :pray: ) remember it! If they dont...*takes out mod stick* :twisted:

Mwahahaha

Archangel

I said I didn't think you were a girl! I saw the 'Arch' bit! I meant that might be the reason that others assume you're a girl.. Either that or they're just plain stupid :anxious:

And the new people think I'm a guy lol, that's the problem! #-o

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

"Either that or they're just plain stupid"

-Im going to go with that lol.

...or Lady Heinous's favourite: "Ur too nice to be a guy" :wall: :wall:

"And the new people think I'm a guy lol"

--All I can say is: HAHA! Na im kidding lol. Well to be honest, i think you have the same problem as me. Our names (apparently) dont suggest correctly as to what our genders are :roll:

Ahh!! Have I driven this thread off topic? :P. Time for me to "gtfo"? :-k

Ok sleepy time! 2:13am FTW! \'

O:) Archangel O:)

ArchangelSignature.jpg

Mwahahaha

Archangel

I said I didn't think you were a girl! I saw the 'Arch' bit! I meant that might be the reason that others assume you're a girl.. Either that or they're just plain stupid :anxious:

And the new people think I'm a guy lol, that's the problem! #-o

if u mean new ppl like newbs let it slide, they dont know anything... then again if they are smart they know that girls play the game, so immaturity comes and they ask stupid qeustions and probably those dudes are people who have a slim chance of gettin a girl (no chance i meant) and..

i just thought of it.. they are sexists :shock:

tipitmainsigjpg.jpg

you like pudding....me too

[hide=More Friend Codes coming soon -.- (some are now included cmon pm me

I am a guy in Runescape and the real world and I suport the hatered of this rant but i'd like to say all guys arent like the.My sister(fluffyzoe64 first page)Is all higher skills than me and I don't care that there is a girl better than me.She is better.I'm worse.I'm not going to comit suicide or say she cheated.If any guy says i have to be a girl to say that is 1 definition of noob.

In fact, I do have some pancake mix.

2ic8sw5.png

I am a guy in Runescape and the real world and I suport the hatered of this rant but i'd like to say all guys arent like the.My sister(fluffyzoe64 first page)Is all higher skills than me and I don't care that there is a girl better than me.She is better.I'm worse.I'm not going to comit suicide or say she cheated.If any guy says i have to be a girl to say that is 1 definition of noob.

I know all guys aren't like this. I have several guy friends on RS and in real life. Of course they're not all like that! That's like saying all girls are, erm, 'easy' to put it into words that aren't filtered...

And I know it's no big deal that a girl plays RS. That is the point of this thread lol #-o

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Let me take another stab at this...

Its not a big deal for girls to play Runescape, or any other game for that matter. Theoretically, this thread shouldn't really exist. The root of the problem is the fact that most of your average male 'Scapers have minimal/below normal experience with females in real life. Clearly this is the reasoning behind people making a huge spectacle out of female sightings in the game. Be it for hopes of befriending them and meeting them in real life, or pursuing an online relationship, females get a disproportionately higher amount of attention in this game.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Poopingman the only thing I agree with there is the last sentence.

'Theoretically this thread shouldn't exist'?! I was ranting because of something that does happen. It's not like I'm ranting about, ooh idk, the wildy updates or something crap like that. This sort of rant isn't one that you see all over TIF.

And 'most of your average male 'Scapers have minimal/below normal experience with females in real life.' Most of them? A lot of the guys I talk to on RS are fine, I don't know where you got this 'most of them' thing from. Maybe it's just you... :-k

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

I think we should blame the quest recruitment drive for this. Most blokes don't bother changing back at the end and just get a free 3k or something like that out of it.

Also Miss Plugpoint, if that is your real name, who says you're really a girl? hehe

Lol let's sue Sir Tiffy Cashien and his army of wannabe girls! And I swear I was a girl last time I checked... Although that was many, many years ago...

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13