No censor? No RuneScape.

Cowman_133

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there was no censor, runescape would implode. The "younger players" would be running across the streets and the forums cursing. But if the censor was removed many kids probably wouldn't be able to play the game anymore due to there parents. Many people might want the censor to be removed, but there will be some consequences.

sal550.png

signa2.pngMSSW3-Banner.gif

Buyin 3k pure ess.PM or post here if selling

Keep the censor. People should not be using vulgarities that get censored on the screen so often, especially in an online game, where so many people can see what you are speaking.

Although I do support the use of a toggle for the censor as sometimes normal everyday words also get filtered out and some meaning is lost.

My Blog

Join the Campaign for more F2P Bank Space!

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

4z9pgcp.gif

I, personally, have also always hated the WoW comparisons. I like the idea of all the "z0mg wow has these things make em jagex!!" players going to play WoW. I think the world would be better without them.

However, that's not on-topic. I think you're absolutely right - RS would die without the censor. I know I certainly would have some troubles with the style of play that'd be involved. Can you imagine the amounts of swear-word spam that would go on? It'd make the game so annoying to play it would be boring and frustrating. One of my favourite parts of the game is the community (especially with the new clan chats - Lightning ftw? =D). I've made some good friends over the years. However, if we could swear... The community would be ruined. I'd probably stop playing. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. RS would be down the drain.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

While no censor will 'destory' RuneScape, how about a less-triggered censor? Pissed me off when parts of words get blocked out, and the 's' at the end of word*.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I actually like the censor to some extent. Its gets annoying when you write a whole sentence and half of it is blocked because your "bad letters" were a little close to each other. Some words should be taken out of the censor. Also, younger children will always be able to play even though the rules states you must be 13 or older, if Jagex really wanted to enforce that rule then putting a warning stating "Yes I am 13+ Enter\Exit" wouldn't be a crazy thought.

Although I would enjoy someones 8 year old child come to their parents and say "I learned a new word", its pros outweigh its cons.

randomkcopyq.png

Theres a diff in WOW and RS.

In WOW, the audiance(players) is MUCH higher age. Thats because in a fight, you don't simply watch your char, eat, and loot. In WOW, it is harder to kill, and there are MUCH more tricks to fighting due to the fact its actully 3D.

I would be agenst it, but I think its for the good of the younger people.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

I also forgot that we would be seeing immature players act like RS is da ghetto and pimpin' hos-scape. In short, RS would be screwed. :x

In your attempt to dignify your "debate" you have in-fact contradicted what you are so whole heartedly agreeing with. I, personally, find your statement very offensive as it pertains to a certain race, even if not intended in that manner it sure did come off that way. :shame:

-----------------------------

As for the censor debate, I really have no comment on it. I agree it should be kept to a certain extent because I would really hate to see random people bellowing curse words just because they can. Especially the ever so popular "N-Word" that many 11 year olds like to call others due to a lack of information and maturity.

A slight decrease in the sensitivity would be satisfactory for me though, I mean it would be nice to say "GL" (Good Luck) to a friend,in a sentence, without seeing more asterics than letters. :roll:

Apparently, my signature was to big.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got no doubt that there is a need for the censor to be there. People need to be taught (even if through gaming) that vulgarities shouldn't be used :D even though I use them myself.

That said, it frustrates me when I try and type my friends name, the the first z (there are three) is censored. What the heck? :-k

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Simply put, the censor is only here to help us and not to hurt us. Yes some people in the world want to use harsh rude words to hurt others. That is why the censor is important. But I believe that on certain worlds, maybe the censor can be toggled so only people who want to swear will go on that world and of course some macros and skillers.

teh_gauss.png

Simply put, the censor is only here to help us and not to hurt us. Yes some people in the world want to use harsh rude words to hurt others. That is why the censor is important. But I believe that on certain worlds, maybe the censor can be toggled so only people who want to swear will go on that world and of course some macros and skillers.

I disagree. No one needs to swear on RuneScape. Period.

One of the nice things about this recent update is that all the real n00bs are gone! They all whined a bit and left.

So a toggle. Naw. Hand them a bar of soap to clean their mouth with. (Or in this case, their fingers #-o)

1.png
generic_signature.png

Well, I do think that Jagex does not want to be sued for players harassing others through the internet. It's happened, and led a girl to killing herself. I think the censor should be kept, but updated. Some unharmful usernames are being clocked currently.

So it would be hard to call friends by their usernames, when it's a censor & ends up for another player reporting him/her.

~Alina

~Tip.It's #1 Party Girl & Events Team Supporter~

2141567593_54ae68f6f3_o.jpg

Next TET Event: A Holy Pilgrimage!

Next TET AU Event: Zamorak Strikes Back Part 1!

PM me if you need any help with an event.

Well, I do think that Jagex does not want to be sued for players harassing others through the internet. It's happened, and led a girl to killing herself. I think the censor should be kept, but updated. Some unharmful usernames are being clocked currently.

So it would be hard to call friends by their usernames, when it's a censor & ends up for another player reporting him/her.

~Alina

Yes but of course a whole list of staff of the Snapshot and Ban Appeal team look into every case. I've been reported for outrageous lies, but have never receive a blackmark because it was a false report. Keep that in mind :)

1.png
generic_signature.png