*RuneScape will shine soon enough_

JordanGM

RWT will still be able to carry on even if drops and p2p trading are stopped. I have thought of at least three ways:

1. sell ashes in GE for 10m, the autoer buys.

2. Autoer buys a rare (for full price so avoids jagex tracking system) sell to an out of the way general store, the shop price of rare is negligable, and partner buys and then sells rare for full price again.

3. wilderness. yes jagex can track people who take cash into wilderness and die, but it is easily hidden by taking valuble items instead eg rares.

with the last two, this will cause the price of rares to go up as increase in demand. this even helps the RWT'ers!

Jagex can put measures in place to stop these methods, the first 2 can be stopped by their detection systems being made specifically aware of them, the third would be much harder to stop as the RWT'ers can continually change the items they die with, eg one day die with 20 crystal bows, the next day die with couple mil noted sharks or whatever.

So here's a forth option for RWT'ers! again of the top of my head.

4. party room on an empty ish room late at night, and mask with lots of bots in the room also.

in conclusion, no matter what jagex do to stop RWT, they, as professional companies, will always look for ways around it, and so imo jagex will accept some level of cheaters so as not to destroy the game, as in rl compromise is always a must - now to convince the whining 9 yr olds of the same lol

I'm pretty sure Jagex would think of all those things and probably put a price cap on selling items worth almost nothing, or a max amount of money at the party house.

jordangmsunset.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's to stop an autoer from selling to the Grand Exchange, then buying an item for an extreme over price from the person buying the gold via a website?

This is likley not to be an issue, as (apparent with the DA update) Jagex will be assigning max prices on items to ensure RWT's cant use it for trading.

And if this is the case, and trading was removed, think if the consequences of what your saying. Thats basically showing that if Jagex assigns "Player Set Values" to items, say its 2k for a mage short, since you cannot trade, you can ONLY sell mage shorts for 2k. There is no price variance. Say Magic logs are 800e. Since you cannot trade any other way, you have no choice but to sell for 800e. Alot of Skills would quickly degrade in profits if this were the case. But then again, all the armor and other items would be reduced as well, Giving those who were rich before the update, even more spending power. But its all relative since all the prices would drop, just a huge effect on the market, but a very bad move, as it cuts out one important part of the game. PLAYER INTERACTION.

If Jagex begins to remove direct player interaction, its not a MMORPG, and no different than any single player game. Buying from a store thats supplyed by players is no different that buying from a store thats supplyed by generated items.

While it may solve alot of problems, I dont think Jagex would do this in RS2. Maybe an update for RS3 as that would eliminate all the people who had alot of money in RS2 if the update would take place. Removing all armor/coins/weapons and everything but skills, and starting them out on RS3 with this new system would be the only way I could see them using it.

So I dont think we would have to worry about this for a long time.

dawnsigblue-3.png

I'm pretty sure Jagex would think of all those things and probably put a price cap on selling items worth almost nothing, or a max amount of money at the party house.

how can you put a price cap on items worth almost nothing?

You can make them unsellable, or only sellable at an 'average sale price as calculated from the last 10 GE sales' but then you are left with deciding which items to apply this to and which to leave as player decided prices, and the RWT'ers can just use different items.

At best jagex will only be able to slow down the transfer of gold from RWT'ersto their customers, making it more convoluted, or by only being able to do it incrementally

From hints given in BTS and by Jagex moderators themselves Jagex are trying to get rid of gold farmers/autoers by hitting the RWT ability to transfer large amounts of RS gold to their customers. The Duel Arena was one way - which has now been closed. The Grand Exchange will be another.

The Grand Exchange, IMO, will give Jagex the visibilty of ALL trades where items are sold for gold, as they will be carried in a central place. A log from this can be generated. Thus they will be able to instantly spot "unrealistic" purchasing, eg. ashes for 5M, and immediately ban those people. In fact it could be done automatically (although I would not like to trust that), ie. someone pays an exaggerated price (say more than 50% above the markets average price for the item) for an item - buyer and seller get banned immediately.

IMO, as Jagex are simply trying to get rid of RWT gold sellers, the player to player trade could still remain, but be modified so that only items can be exchanged, ie a bartering system. This is what was trading, IMO, was envisaged to be when the game was created.

Hence, I agree with people who say player to player trading will not be scrapped - just modified to remove the possibilty of gold transfer.

As I have suggested in other threads the transfer of gold by other methods such as drop trading and PKing could also be easily solved by making it so that any gold dropped would be destroyed. You could still drop items. This, combined with the GE, would go a long way to solving the RWT gold seller problem, without alienating the people who play RS.

also, it does not remove gold farmers, the farmers will simply have to sell through the grand exchange on the account that they do the macroing on, they will, however, be easier to track but not removed.

How would the Gold-Farmers sell their gold? It just wouldn't work..

Person who buys gold goes to GE: "Sell whip for 30 Mil". Gold seller buys the whip. VoilÃÆÃâÃâà, gold buyer got his money.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

The Grand Exchange, IMO, will give Jagex the visibilty of ALL trades where items are sold for gold, as they will be carried in a central place. A log from this can be generated. Thus they will be able to instantly spot "unrealistic" purchasing, eg. ashes for 5M, and immediately ban those people. In fact it could be done automatically (although I would not like to trust that), ie. someone pays an exaggerated price (say more than 50% above the markets average price for the item) for an item - buyer and seller get banned immediately.

I'd say this would be an exaggeration. As you know, everyime a new item appears, prices are massively unstable. If jagex were to ban people for paying wild prices, a lot of innocent people would get banned. Also, people pay wild prices if they want items immediately, or if they are unsure of the price. I don't think jagex would be so quick to ban, prehaps just flagging that person up to be watched/black marked

why must every1 hate merchants!!!?? ppl are willing to sell stuff to us at a low price! we're not ripping anybody off! ppl just want a fast trade other than going to world 1 for a hour trying to sell 100 coal slightly higher!!!

everbody automatically wants to blame merchants. We have done nothing wrong!! :x :evil:

range- 69/70 ~ currently poor but with good stuff

strength- 64/70 ~go461-combat 71~

One possibility may be that the exchange will only allow trading at values within certain limits, relating to the player prices for each item.

Maybe player to player trade would also be limited to prevent assymetric trades above a certain amount (though that would impact gifts & prizes).

If dropping was made "private" then that leaves PK and NPK drops as the only other thing to be addressed as a potential way to shift a large value of items.

The thing is, whenever Jagex have acted against rulebreakers, the cure is often worse than the disease!

1. Pure essence - drove the autos from harmlessly mining essence, to competing for other stuff.

2. Shop update - killed the autobuyer bots, but messed up the buy/sell prices for everyone else.

3. Putting a stake through the heart of staking

Battling a swarm of bots cutting Willows, I thought "if Jagex ever fix this, we're not gonna like the result".

I'd say this would be an exaggeration. As you know, everyime a new item appears, prices are massively unstable. If jagex were to ban people for paying wild prices, a lot of innocent people would get banned. Also, people pay wild prices if they want items immediately, or if they are unsure of the price. I don't think jagex would be so quick to ban, prehaps just flagging that person up to be watched/black marked

With the release of a new item, Jagex could disable the monitors for that item for the first few weeks, or make the detection system more lenient until the item reaches a steady price.

For people saying that prices will be controlled to tightly, this isn't true. If you really need a magic short bow for training and want it fast you could offer 10k and it won't look suspect. Once a player starts offering 300-400% the normal price, that would be when the detection system kicks in. There's a difference between paying high for convenience (200% of normal price) and trading for gold transfer (300% and up).

Aulderic.png

I've killed over 20,000 dust devils while training to 99 attack and have still not gotten a dragon chain.

Wow, Jagex has really thought this through. Good job on their part :) =D>

I agree that this is the right way to travel. Originally, Runescape was meant to be a friendly online community, but it quickly turned into a real life money-making business for sweatshop workers and other people. I am glad Jagex has the guts to make such big changes in order to restore peace in the game we call Runescape.

the part of that i dont like is the unability to drop stuff because its just easier to dump youire inventory on junk than sell it to a shop.this would mean though a sell X is necessary if you say have 600k needles like i do :P

tifsdac6mc.gif

the part of that i dont like is the unability to drop stuff because its just easier to dump youire inventory on junk than sell it to a shop.this would mean though a sell X is necessary if you say have 600k needles like i do :P

You can still drop items, as many as you like actually. The only difference is that other players will not be ale to see what you drop.

I'll quote myself from page 3 of this thread.

Dropping Items

Players will still be able to drop items as they do now, but with one exception. If a player drops an item, it will no longer appear to others. It will stay on the ground for the normal amount of time, then disappear. This will give the player enough time to pick up an accidentally dropped item and prevent drop trading. Drop parties are already covered with the party room, this aspect will not be affected.

Drops from monsters will not be changed, if a player does not pick up their drop it will appear for others to see and pick up.

Aulderic.png

I've killed over 20,000 dust devils while training to 99 attack and have still not gotten a dragon chain.

"Can someone give me an anti please?"

"..."

other player - "go to grand exchange"

*player dies on his way*

Very good point. Other people have said this earlier in the thread and came up with a solution.

I truly doubt that they would get rid of direct trading altogether. What I do see as a possibility, sadly, is having a limit on trading. Possibly a max of 1mil or 100k per hour.

This would allow for people to trade so things, like anti poison/ food, while large items are taken to the exchange.

Items less than 100k could still be traded directly, like antipoison.

*Another solution is to be on Lunar magic or know a lunar mage (I haven't used an anti in months)

Aulderic.png

Was I the only one that throughout the entire OP, all I could think about was how much of an ignorant idiot the OP is?

Perhaps you could elaborate and contribute to the discussion, rather than insulting the author.

Fair enough, I will oblige

So, stakings gone, which means so are merchants who buy 'wins'.

What? How are stakers "merchants who buy 'wins?'"

Or at least I hope they're up to.

You hope Jagex screws up their game even more just to stop RWTs?

The second after I posted on that thread, it hit me. Jagex's game drifted so far away from what they wanted it to be. The wilderness, which was meant to be a place where players could show their combat skills off and have some fun while doing it was turned into a place where people would just completely tick others off and get them completely pissed.

The main reason I called you an idiot was because you act like what you're assuming is a fact. How do you know what Jagex's intentions were? The wilderness is still "a place where players [can] show their combat skills off and have some fun while doing it." I don't even think that was necessarily their intention to begin with, and I'm pretty sure they have enough common sense to realize that it would turn into a competitive area, I mean this isn't the first time an mmorpg has done PvP.

The duel arena. This was probably meant to be like the wilderness, to show off combat skills, but without a risk. The players could even bet a little money if they felt like it. But this was turned over and used to make more way more money then Jagex had expected.

Wow you are smart. Yea, I think Jagex made staking so people could show off and NOT risk anything.. Okay. You have to remember the Duel Arena was created after the duel system that was already in place from RSC, the just centralized it into one area and added some extra rules and aesthetics to make it look nice.

Its pretty obvious that Jagex will remove player-to-player trading soon enough, with LootShare, Request Assistance, making the party house F2P (for drop parties) and Grand Exchange.

How is this obvious? Once again making these assumptions..

They will probably remove dropping as well (or replacing it with private dropping [suggested by aafftteerr]), because only removing trading would be pretty damn pointless. This will rid of 99.99% of autoers, gold-farmers, RWT'ers, pures/skillers/new accounts who drop trade, because they won't have any way to get money to their new accounts or to trade them to others.

Wow first time you used "probably" when you were making an assumption instead of sounding 100% sure about it. If the Grand Exchange works how everyone seems to think it will work, autoers can just trade their gold on there.

Imagine, RuneScape without autoers, without players making new accounts all the time. There would only be decent PK'ers now, either PKers who dont drop trade and make their money on there own, or older ones who have much higher levels and combat.

Uhh people still make new accounts all the time.. How would that make it so there are only "decent" Pkers now? If you drop trade, you are still making the money on your own, I don't understand why all of you idiots have a problem with drop trading. You hate it simply because it's a rule and Jagex tells you it's bad. There isn't a reasonable reason why.

I, for one, am going to love it.

But will you?

No, because it's not even necessarily going to happen, QUIT ACTING LIKE YOU HAVE SOME SORT OF INSIGHT ABOUT WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN. It's completely hypothetical. If it does happen, I will not like it at all, it will pretty much ruin RS and the only people left will be morons like you.

I bet no one (especially the OP) will bother to respond to my post I took awhile to type but whatever. Just obliging tuttle's request. The OP will pretend he didn't see this because he won't have any decent response.

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

to many people act like this game is their life...which in reality, it's possible that it could be. I've read through quite a few post, and many people say things like "Runescape is going through a tough time, things will get better after it all settles in"...

That may be true, but IT"S A GAME. I can't stand to sit here and watch it be compared to real life. This reminds me of what the Husker football program is going through right now. Bill Callahan sucked, many people claimed we'd just have to wait it out, and things would get better, and eventually Huskers will be back out on top.

Now my argument is ironic and you could say contradicting because football is also a game, but let's just put that aside for now(mainly because it's a lot easier to talk about football in a real life perspective than a MMORPG)...

The thing is, I like how runescape is. Autoers are a problem, but the damage has already been done. It's not very hard to live with autoers. It doesn't really affect your playing as much as you think. Why remove such big portions of the game that change entirely how the game is played to stop such a minuscule problem.

Making these changes will probably stop autoing and real life trading, but as said, it will also change the style of gameplay. Many people will quit playing(because it's a game and they can, it's not real life), if such drastic changes are made. You don't want to change your successful game style if it works to stop such little problems. I can't emphasize enough how little the autoer problem really is.

w4M8t.png

If Jagex are really desperate to get rid of gold farmers, and the prices of raw materials, does anyone think that they would alter the alch value of each item?

They already plan on observing the player market

boratto.jpg

i have an add on idea....

Dropping items could be restricted to some items....for example worthless items that make the ground look horrible would be good to sell...but other worthless items (i.e. bronze and iron armour and weapons) you should be able to drop for another player or if you pk...such fourth...and then the more expensive items...(i.e. rune or dragon items) those should be only tradeable or sold to shops as it would make an advantage to those chinese people trying to make millions by selling items. But yes...restricting item drops would be good

Nintendo303 - A Gamers Community (Currently Being rebuilt)

Dudes..I own and so does Miley Cyrus

Someone buys 1mil from a RWTer

They message each other off of runescape

RWT takes out 1million from bank

They meet up in wild, empty world

Person kills RWT

Person gets 1mil

No trading, staking, or dropping involved.

I also doubt they will remove trading completly, but perhaps put another cap on it, so that you can still trade a few things to friends and to help people, quests, etc.

oversized.jpg[/bads]

from what they said in the dairy, if they remove it, they will replace it with player owned shops this would not only remove trading but it will aloud players to set a price for there items and it may be private, although this will likely be a add on to construction....