Rares Untradeable?

Toad

Not sure which mod wanted this but he was suggesting to andrew to make discontinued items untradeable, and you can no longer sell discontinued items to general stores, you cant even check the prices of them! you cant stake them, so what is the future of trading them?

They already seem to be killing of merchanting in the past updates, could this be the final nail in the coffin?

Think if jagex deletes the trade system to make space for the grand exchange they can force players to pay a FLATLINE price, which it doesnt fall or jump everyday so you know what your paying, no merchanting, no trading between accounts because they can no longer get free items.

could this solve so many problems?

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

well, jagex would be losing numbers of players, and those players that quit would probably announce to their friends that runescape wastes your time thus preventing new subscriptions. well thats probably my best explanation. :P its been only a week since staking was out of the option.

We see thread after thread like this, and I just don't get what the point is.

There's no evidence this is going to happen at all, so what's there to discuss?

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

This and trading-to-be-deleted are the most heavily pushed topics outthere.

But, if it does happen Jagex will lose millz of customers.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

i personally cant wait for the grand exchange no more world 2 \'

Same

I don't think they'll sell off rares, just work their [wagon] off to try to reduce their value. I'm expecting the new skill to be another money sink - or at least expensive to train so rares drop temporarily, and they can go from there.

I'm really not sure how its going to go, theres two things that could happen.

Jagex could not set a fee to use it and people will put items into the GE at 10-20% higher in price because they can just leave it there, causing a game-wide increase in prices.

Or

Jagex could set a fee which means everyone won't want to lose this deposit, therefore they will set reasonable prices or even below street price in order to make sure there item sells, causing everything to lower in price.

My bet is on #2, but we'll just have to wait and see (I hope its #2 lol).

if GE is disappointing like most hyped updates blah.

But.. i think they might be trying to lower values to make it harder for merchants for a certain new skill coming out so it isnt bought out so easily

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

My goal in Runescape is to get a few 99s and to get a party hat (white or yellow).

If they remove the tradability of these party hats, I think I will quit. I have never threatened to quit before, and I usually snicker at people who do, but I honestly believe this.

The only way that I would stay would be if they made some more ultra-rare-discounted items occasionally that were more controlled than party hats, but still have the same aura around them (only for the really rich, something exclusive).

oversized.jpg[/bads]

My goal in Runescape is to get a few 99s and to get a party hat (white or yellow).

If they remove the tradability of these party hats, I think I will quit. I have never threatened to quit before, and I usually snicker at people who do, but I honestly believe this.

The only way that I would stay would be if they made some more ultra-rare-discounted items occasionally that were more controlled than party hats, but still have the same aura around them (only for the really rich, something exclusive).

Phats are highly overrated, once you get one you will realize this and sell it lol, it happens to most people. It's just not worth the cost.

If jagex haven't accepted rares as a vital part of the economy, then I don't know what they've been thinking the past 5 years or so.

If they've got half a brain they would know such a thing would cause riots ridiculously huge. :P Tens of thousands of people currently hold rares, if you suddenly drop the price to worthless with one udpdate I think jagex will end up losing pounds in the thousands, possibly ten thousands. :o

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

If they do that would only be making them lose tons of members.

I mean seriously whats the big deal about having them in game, there just something people can save up to achieve and hopefully make a little bit of money off of.

If they do make them untradeable they better give people their current market value or there going to get massive complaining and riots.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

If jagex haven't accepted rares as a vital part of the economy, then I don't know what they've been thinking the past 5 years or so.

If they've got half a brain they would know such a thing would cause riots ridiculously huge. :P Tens of thousands of people currently hold rares, if you suddenly drop the price to worthless with one udpdate I think jagex will end up losing pounds in the thousands, possibly ten thousands. :o

they aren't going to make them untradable, but I've seen recently they seem to be doing things that cause them to reduce in value, which would not surprise me if they continued to do that until they eventually just fell out of popularity all together.

This is just like a great depression. People are selling all their items like crazy this weekend before the GE. Santas are now like 20m when they were 24m 3-4 weeks ago.

Grand Exchange or not, prices are dropping lol

---

If jagex does make the current discontinued items untradeable..this will make a huge quantity of people quit the game. Whats the point of earning money if you cant buy a rare in the end right?

Im keeping my santa, gonna ride this whole GE thing out

Lol, that would stink for those merchanters who have 50 party hats :P

But that would also stink for people like me who still want a santa hat -.-

That would be a total disaster seeing as how much people like those rares. My guess is Jagex will not just make them untradable, but rather either remove them or create more. That's only my guess :x

I was thinking about the rares and the grand exchange earlier today...

I read somewhere that Jagex is going to use the grand exchange to get street prices on items, and I had a thought. What if they spend like a month looking at the prices of rares (with the grand exchange), and average them all out, like let's say that next months average for Santa hats is 22m, then what Jagex would do, is give all the players who own a Santa hat 22m, then make Santas untradable.

Do you think they'd do that?

Treasure trail items: 9

Dragon drops: 0

I was thinking about the rares and the grand exchange earlier today...

I read somewhere that Jagex is going to use the grand exchange to get street prices on items, and I had a thought. What if they spend like a month looking at the prices of rares (with the grand exchange), and average them all out, like let's say that next months average for Santa hats is 22m, then what Jagex would do, is give all the players who own a Santa hat 22m, then make Santas untradable.

Do you think they'd do that?

That wouldn't be completely fair because there are people that have rare collections that easily exceed the money cap if they were converted to gp.

I doubt they'd make rares un-tradeable or delete them. That would destroy a lot of people's incentive to play (not mine).

reddragon.jpg

MSSW3-Banner.gif

Jagex couldent take trading between players off, You couldent do any team monster hunting, Or teamwork activities that require sharing in runescape. If they made it so you couldent trade between players, It would make alot of people I know quit, Including me. And I highly doubt they would take rares out.

128+ Combat \\ 1900+ Total Level \\ 85M+ EXP

5,999th To 99 Woodcutting Achieved June 27, 2007

66,931st To 99 Strength Achieved January 23rd, 2009

Draconic Visage: 1+ \\ DK Drops: 169+ \\ GWD Drops: 74+

Not sure which mod wanted this but he was suggesting to andrew to make discontinued items untradeable, and you can no longer sell discontinued items to general stores, you cant even check the prices of them! you cant stake them, so what is the future of trading them?

They already seem to be killing of merchanting in the past updates, could this be the final nail in the coffin?

Think if jagex deletes the trade system to make space for the grand exchange they can force players to pay a FLATLINE price, which it doesnt fall or jump everyday so you know what your paying, no merchanting, no trading between accounts because they can no longer get free items.

could this solve so many problems?

If you are referring to the screenshot that was circulating around of Mod Peter saying that he keeps asking Andrew and Paul to get rid of them, it was a fake. And I told Fosterchild to stop spreading it around because it WAS FAKE. It was a poor attempt at price manipulation.