Rares Untradeable?

Toad

well luckily i sold my red mask just before the crash of rares, so instead of losing about 10m (i bought for 39.5 just before halloween, idk why) i only lost about 4m, but i know a few friend that lost quite alot, and i think the GE is just a way to stop money from coming into the game, making rares steady out, and making them steady, although when no one is selling, the price can still inflate/deflate as much as it can. like if no one is selling a red mask on the GE, someone can post one for alot more, and raise prices by a bit, although making them untradeable, i too would have to quit. Jagex can't take away the fun just to get rid of the RL trades. They need to remove them without hurting us, which they are not doing very great at. I believe Summoning was only announced the way it was to distract players from the Staking removal, and if you have seen, it sorta did that quite a bit.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

they could balance it with a stock market, invest in stocks so its still a way to make money but its gambling a little like staking just waiting a few days :x

i'd love rares to become untradeable i've had a phat set and countless santas before and yes theyre pointless when you have them, people who want them want to gloat and theyre worthless they just sit in bank most of the time, you cant really skill with them.

certain people sounding like cheesy and 018 have put the yew logs from 300 to 400 ea being greedy with money and already have enough, so gf merchants GE is here and your going have to work for money, not make people come to your world and place to rip them off with buying.. and selling.

you might have to earn a skill thats NOT buyable now.

GOO JAGEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :XD: :XD: :XD: :XD: :XD:

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

and you can no longer sell discontinued items to general stores, you cant even check the prices of them! you cant stake them, so what is the future of trading them?

Interesting...

Think if jagex deletes the trade system to make space for the grand exchange they can force players to pay a FLATLINE price, which it doesnt fall or jump everyday so you know what your paying, no merchanting, no trading between accounts because they can no longer get free items.

No multiplayer online economy.

could this solve so many problems?

No, but perhaps RWIT and chinese farmers / bots if they go a bit further even.

My goal in Runescape is to get a few 99s and to get a party hat (white or yellow).

If they remove the tradability of these party hats, I think I will quit. I have never threatened to quit before, and I usually snicker at people who do, but I honestly believe this.

The only way that I would stay would be if they made some more ultra-rare-discounted items occasionally that were more controlled than party hats, but still have the same aura around them (only for the really rich, something exclusive).

Phats are highly overrated, once you get one you will realize this and sell it lol, it happens to most people. It's just not worth the cost.

My phat is now worth 40x what I paid for.

It was worth it back when phats were less than 10m

onceiroseik5.png

It would make a lot of sense judging by thier current actions.

They allready killed staking and thier trying to kill merchanting, they are cleaning up runescape and trieing to turn it back into what it was a few years ago. Killing rares would logicaly be the next step they take...but i doubt they will suddenly just make them untradeable...

more likely they will replace them with thier monetary equivelant.

,,..-~`ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï\ Happy Mining /ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï`~-..,,

|______.\goldhawk co/.______|

Its unlikely that rares will go onto the grand exchange.

Im guessing that to stop everyone putting any item they like at ridiculuous prices, there is likely to be a comission. Either that or a limit to the number of items you can have on there.

I would expect to see some sort of cost for using the grand exchange though. Even if its say 0.01% of the selling price, i still wouldn't really want to put an item worth 200m on there :) (for those who can't do math i would get 2 million less).

0.01% is a low estimation as well

EDIT - I should have actually gone to the runescape site first lol. Didn't see the update and so what i said is wrong.

I don't think that they are going to do that, too many people have invested their money in rares. If they did then they would HAVE to give cash repayments to everyone, but what if you have 2 phat sets? That makes more that 2.147bil or whatever the max is. Then they would have to give them the money in items, which would in turn reduce the costs of these items.

Overall, I don't think it's ever going to happen.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

I'd quit.

Dharoks, emo's ultimate weapon if you know what i'm sayin. :lol:
Very nice 10/10

For a second when I was looking at your drop-list picture. Ilooked at the dragon longsword and said "They have a dragon longsword now??" ohh I'm tired :wall:

..., then I noticed a gravestone where our tank was supposed to be and my health was a 1 digit number again.

Its unlikely that rares will go onto the grand exchange.

Im guessing that to stop everyone putting any item they like at ridiculuous prices, there is likely to be a comission. Either that or a limit to the number of items you can have on there.

I would expect to see some sort of cost for using the grand exchange though. Even if its say 0.01% of the selling price, i still wouldn't really want to put an item worth 200m on there :) (for those who can't do math i would get 2 million less).

0.01% is a low estimation as well

EDIT - I should have actually gone to the runescape site first lol. Didn't see the update and so what i said is wrong.

Can I say you're wrong about you're math at least? .01% of 200m is 20k. 2m is 1%, Ace. <3:

"The greatest joy a man can know is to conquer his enemies and drive them before him. To ride their horses and take away their possessions. To see the faces of those who were dear to them bedewed with tears, and to clasp their wives and daughters in his arms."

-Genghis Khan

I am not much of a skiller. I am not much of a quester. I am no pker. I was never a dueler, but any chances of be becoming one have been crushed. I am, however, a merchanter. Through and through *click siggy for blog.. it explains more :-w ).

If rare merchanting is cut out of the picture or 100% fully controled, Jagex can say goodbye to Zibl for good. Not that it would make a difference. But this is getting pathetic. I know it's hard for Jagex to please everyone, and their jobs are stressful. But HOW DO THEY NOT SEE THAT THEY ARE RUINING SOME OF THE OLDEST AND FINEST THINGS IN RUNESCAPE!!??

Tradeable rares is probably the oldest, dearest, and most fascinating thing that we have left in Runescape. If that is taken from us, then to hell with it I say.

P.S. - This isn't some rant from a merchant because he wont be able to make a lot of money now. This is coming from a seasoned veteran of Runescape and all it's old/present wonders.

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

Guest arkdemon

they wouldn't ditch the trading system, players that were giving an item to a friend would have to put it through the GE and risk it getting bought by another player

and rares should stay tradable

Rofl, I was right, at the beginning of this year i posted on another forum that "Jagex will control the prices of rare items by the end of this year" everyone told me I was an idiot and was wrong :XD: =D>