Ever wished Jagex left the interface untouched?

sohkmj1

Lock this thread if it's inappropriate mods. Thanks.

*Edit: This is not about miniclip, please do not post here talking about it.*

*TOPIC*

"Z0mg interface update!"

Ever heard this when the interface update came out? ? (ok so maybe not the exact words but you get the point) Don't you ever wished that Jagex just stopped trying to fit the game for the kids? *post miniclip era*. Don't you just wish that miniclip advertisement never happenned?

*As far as my research tells me, the problems started 'bout few months after miniclip.* So, the thing is, do you wish that Jagex just updated the game according to the 13+ style (no interface update and clan chat without the new chat screen) or, the *ahem*more coloured*ahem* interface? I personally liked the old one better <.<

(Move this if you think this should be in Questionnares mods)

Discuss.

Despite everyones "blame the problems on miniclip" attitudes. If it wasnt mini clip then it would have became something else. It seems so pointless for everyone to always go around passing blame over something noone really had or could possibly have had control over when you think about it.

Anyways, most people that I have spoken with dont seem to mind the new interface updates all too much.

I personally didnt like the clan chat update, and the lack of the "jagged border" for chatting, then with realizing what this could open for the game it grew on me. Now when looking back through old screen shots I think to myself, "how did I play this game before?"

As for the skill icons most people dont mind them overall, except for a few like fishing and agility and a few others.

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Looks can't be judged by age. Actions (usally) can, as in gameplay. The interface can have bright colours, little smiley faces on it and still be for old men in retirement homes.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I love how in the God Letters Saradomin talks about alot of the stuff ranters do, yet I'm pretty sure the god letters are a bit before mini-clip. =P

Unless runescape classic was on miniclip, in which case never mind =P

I really like the new interface. I am not a new player to the game but i like it. Jagex have to appeal to the larger population sector which is younger teenagers and some kids. We cannot help it.

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

I like the new interfaces, seems like a nice touch IMO and I love the Xp count down as well. Good update IMO

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Damn pointless topic about miniclip again. Runescape was probably on miniclip before you ever played.

not about miniclip, it's about the interface...

I don't mind the new interface, I've grown used to it ::'

Despite everyones "blame the problems on miniclip" attitudes. If it wasnt mini clip then it would have became something else. It seems so pointless for everyone to always go around passing blame over something noone really had or could possibly have had control over when you think about it.

I totally agree. If MiniClip wasn't around, JAGeX would have much less money, and they wouldn't be able to update the game how it is now. It took more than a year to create summoning. That's a lot of trial and error needed to be paid for, and with the money they can hire newer, better workers.

Without MiniClip this game would have been... weak, unknown, and not very good, imo.

EDIT: Rambled on there, but on topic -

The interface is very good I find. It's very user friendly and aside from the Agility Man, I like the stat pics.

The only bad thing was when the stats were dark orange #-o , but that was quickly expelled :pray: