Is it me or do you think of this too?

Dire_Wolf

Considering how easily Jagex believes minors who report cause they diden't get cash when they begged, i feel that i must be caution and i try to be when i speak in public chat. 1 Wrong thing can get me reported...and i hate losing my account specially now that ive comed far. Do you think/feel this way too?

I'm not english so when or if i appeal a bann, my grammar and spelling won't be too well -.- If you got tips how i can get a Grammar/Spelling check please post link to the website that does this kind of service.

Also please fill this:

Have you gotten reported by a minor: Yes or No

I have..

Yes, but it never lasted. If a minor is harassing you, kindly tell him to flower off or report him or just simply ignore him. Or, better yet, just don't say anything! Does anyone do that? Or, maybe say little tidbits of sentences to confuse him? It's fun! :)

I usually tell them that if they report me, it's a false report where they can get banned from. If they still report, I report them.

And if you pm me, I can do a grammar check :P

I've cut and burned allot of willows f2p and have got begged almost every day :S

When I didn't give them anything or just some random event stuff,

some of them said they should report me, but I never had any consequences of that :D

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

1. How can you be certain they're a minor? Perhaps their English isn't so good, either.

2. If you didn't do anything wrong and someone reports you, chances are that they'll be the ones taking the punishment.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I've had that kind of thing, and I usually just remind them that reporting without basis results in the reporter getting banned. It's pretty simple, so you don't need to get paranoid.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I've had that kind of thing, and I usually just remind them that reporting without basis results in the reporter getting banned. It's pretty simple, so you don't need to get paranoid.

Yup, that will usually work. And if they claim it's all lies, challenge them to read through the rules ;)

Either way, I wouldn't be too worried about false accusations. And if by some miracle the folks at Jagex decide to punish you anyway, you could always make an appeal and post it here first. I'm sure there's people willing to help you out with improving your appeal.

And from what I gather from this thread, the meaning of minor seems to be "younger lazy bum who can't be bothered playing the game and instead begs and harrasses fellow players" :wink:

A minor is technically anyone below the age of majority. So anyone under 18 in the UK, 21 in some states of the USA, 18 in others. I believe it's as low as 12 is some countries, though.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

Yup, that will usually work. And if they claim it's all lies, challenge them to read through the rules ;)

Either way, I wouldn't be too worried about false accusations. And if by some miracle the folks at Jagex decide to punish you anyway, you could always make an appeal and post it here first. I'm sure there's people willing to help you out with improving your appeal.

And from what I gather from this thread, the meaning of minor seems to be "younger lazy bum who can't be bothered playing the game and instead begs and harrasses fellow players" :wink:

in other words, a noob? \'

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Yes, but it never lasted. If a minor is harassing you, kindly tell him to flower off or report him or just simply ignore him. Or, better yet, just don't say anything! Does anyone do that? Or, maybe say little tidbits of sentences to confuse him? It's fun! :)

I just ignore them completely. The problem is that it works too well and not very entertaining, so I may start to say random things in the future :P .

1. How can you be certain they're a minor? Perhaps their English isn't so good, either.

Minors do not just lack English skills, they lack manners. You can tell by their attitude whether someone is an English brat, or a mature foreigner.

2. If you didn't do anything wrong and someone reports you, chances are that they'll be the ones taking the punishment.

I've heard that warning on the report form is just a scare tactic, and nothing actually happens if you report for no reason; but then again, I have no experience in this sort of thing.

I've never been reported by a minor, or anyone for that matter. Generally though, I hardly ever talk to someone I don't know. Partly due to my nature, and partly due to the fact that there are few people who can actually conduct a decent conversation.

bewatchingyousigau4.gif

[260+ Quest Points] [All Skills 50+] [Lv 97 Combat]

So what? 9 times out of 10, the noob will get banned, but the 10th time someone will slip up and you'll get banned instead. Will you feel happy losing your lvl 1xx char if you know that 9 lvl 3 noobs got justly banned in the process?

It's so funny when everyone says "don't be paranoid" and thinks all's well and there is no problem, and then those who DO get punished unfairly never get a chance to speak out to the public on "mainstream sites", e.g. Jagex deletes all forum posts about "unfair bans" as a "matter to be discussed privately", and they use the excuse of "confidentiality" to supress all dissent and make sure nobody gets a chance to tell the truth about what's going on. The same story about tip.it - any conversations with Jagex are removed under the absolutely absurd grounds of violating copyright (if I'm a recepient of a mail conversation, I have the right to do publish that mail, and no copyright laws can prevent me from doing so). Everyone just tries to keep the garbage in the house, if you know what I mean.

Fine. RS is Jagex's game, and they have the right to be as totalitarian as they want to, but guess what, I have the right not to pay or play, and I chose to exercise that right. The sad part is that the niche market for the players don't care or even understand, partially because they are never given a chance to hear the other side of the story (See above).

And to think that once upon a time I wanted to be a PMod... Heh, everyone grows up I guess.

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

I've cut and burned allot of willows f2p and have got begged almost every day :S

When I didn't give them anything or just some random event stuff,

some of them said they should report me, but I never had any consequences of that :D

Exact same thing happened to me.... thank god i dont have any blackmarks.

-Haseo

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Why do some of you people believe so strongly that beggers are kids? Just because they have bad grammer and virtually no manners, that must mean theyre spoiled 10 year olds? Frankly thinking this, in my opinion, is no better then the beggers.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Why do some of you people believe so strongly that beggers are kids? Just because they have bad grammer and virtually no manners, that must mean theyre spoiled 10 year olds? Frankly thinking this, in my opinion, is no better then the beggers.

We are not saying that most kids are beggars.

We are saying that most beggars tend to be kids.

Big difference there. The reason is simply that RS begging exibits a simply childish mentality, characterised by your dependence on others, looking out for someone else to help you instead of doing them for you,

I agree however that tagging beggars as kids is "Reductio ad Hitlerum". We don't hate begging because it's done by kids, but rather we hate the kids who beg because they do that. Begging is bad in its own sake, be it a kid or an adult.

At the same time, you can't argue with statistics, which place RS as the probably most beggar-offensive MMORPG out there, which happens to coincide with having one of the youngest audiences.

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

Yeah, just ignore them. There's no way Jagex can punish you for that. I guess another (rather extreme) thing you could do is only talk to people that you're familiar with/seem like mature players who won't report you for stupid crap.

Lesson learned after getting a blackmark for saying "I bought this" #-o (someone thought "this" was referring to my acc).

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

What the heck is a "minor"?

You stop being a minor at 18. 80% of Runescape players are most likely under that age and therefore minors.

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

hahaha even i know that Vold, and im from norway. But orginally from Asia. :D :D :D

And if you pm me, I can do a grammar check :P

High five!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lesson learned after getting a blackmark for saying "I bought this" #-o (someone thought "this" was referring to my acc).

yeah, but that is that. Minors often misunderstand what we say, and we get reported and we get a mark, when we are clearly innocent.

If i ask you: Do you think jagex can/have a possibility of giving you a black mark cause a minor misunderstands what you say, of course your answar will be yes.

I wish that it was a no, i know id feel safer. :ohnoes:

Well, I don't really act in any way against those beggars and usually I will just teleport, switch worlds, or stick them behind a door while I run. So basically I get away without any damage to myself. If they ever decide that they want to report me, I will tell them to go ahead because I have done nothing wrong and even if Jagex gets a 60 second screen shot, it will only show I am just an average player of Runescape who might actually seem stingy, but there's no rule against that, right?

Small kid

What defines small kid? These are very subjective terms.

When I think of minors, the first thing that pops into my head is a MIP.

minor is like someone that is underage and like can't drink i guess :P on topic: i think that too alot but i mostly don't let it bother me because you can't give money to everyone and if you give to one they harrase you more and more and more :( reported:yes sadly

d33d15afe02cdbe65e8051919a4e3068.jpg

gwd drops:

bandos:hiltx1

Will someone please clarify what SirHemen means by "minor?"

By definition, I am a minor. However, I do not feel that I fit the definition that he is implying. A major problem in real life is stereotyping-racism, sexism, etc. I do not want to see that happen in this game, but I fear that it already has. Just by reading my post, could you figure out that I am 12 years old? (Without reading that last sentence, obviously.) Immaturity is not lost once you reach a certain age. Please change your post to reflect this- maybe say something like "inexperienced person?"

Thank you.

I won\t change my change my definition of it. Minors is kids, and kids is minor, dosent mean they are monsters just that they are inexperienced just like you say.

As 13 i started playing runescape, since i was a minor i thought people would help me, trim my armor, lvl my account etc.

I got scammed only once and i lost a addy b axe, but that was it...after that every thing they said i dident belive em.

I've got a barbed tongue especially when it comes to noobs, and who knows how many times i may have been reported...

But none of that matters because I've never gotten any messages from Jagex and have zero black marks on my account :P

Best advice: just ignore noobs, don't let yourself get angry.