Is herblore now a fast easy 99?

baalboy5

Since the grand exchange out it's basicly impossible to lose cash buying herbs and 2nds(or getting the 2nds yourself). You could for example buy rannars, get or buy the 2nds, them make pray pots and make them into 4s and sell the INSANELY fast.

whats your opinions?

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

yeah you might lose money on it though

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

Prayer pots are only slightly more XP than a willow. If you're collecting your own snape even using the fastest method, between doing that, making the pots and making them into 4s I'd say it probably works out to slower XP than cutting willow trees.

I don't really consider woodcutting a fast 99 to get, but with Grand Exchange selling everything has become easier so the easier part could be true.

It's insanely fast, but it is also insanely expensive.

With current trends, there will probably be a large gap between herb prices and pot prices.

By far, it is not a "free" 99 (like Cook/Fle) even with the GE.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Easy? Yes. Cheap? No.

Never ever make potions into 4-doses. You waste your time and get less per dose than 3-dose.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I fail to see how someone can consider ANY 99 easy. getting 13m exp doing something most likely very repetitive for 100s of hours is easy? what the hell is hard!?

I don't call a "skill" that requires a monkey's intelligence to be hard.

All it takes is determination, and something to entertain yourself with. Any average joe can do that.

What is hard? Try winning tournaments. Try 99 Farm (this requires a remarkable amount of planning, or just a plain sick amount of cash).

Never ever make potions into 4-doses. You waste your time and get less per dose than 3-dose.

I think Jagex fixed the prices on doses so that there isnt arbitrage opportunity between pots. That is, (4) and (3) pots have the same average price per dose.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I fail to see how someone can consider ANY 99 easy. getting 13m exp doing something most likely very repetitive for 100s of hours is easy? what the hell is hard!?

10.000.000.000 hours of mining

Anyway, herb has allways been kind of fast, the problem is prices

Getting rid of your finished pots and finding mass herbs was always the hard part.

Someone isnt a serious herb trainer :-w

sigcopyaf.png

Once you're able to make prayer pots, how much would it cost to 99 anyway?

To me you would be buying the herbs and selling the pots on ge, losing a lil cash.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

I find large amounts of the profitable herbs difficult to come by, so I don't believe it's an easy lvl 99 to achieve.

I also find it extremely slow since the update that allows you to "make x" potions. I could add 2nds about 3-4 times faster than the new setup allows. I find it so frustrating that I've basically halted all herblore work and now have 5k herbs saved up from farming and kingdom management.

Harrington.gif

If they made salamanders better so that herb tars were actually in demand, it would be a fast, easy, profitable 99. As it is, nobody will buy harra tars at half of GE's price... <.<

I'm stuck with 1300 harra tars. if anyone wants give me a call :P

Hey I made 6500 harr tars for some exp, it's pretty fast aside from the fact getting the tar is annoying (probably 1000-1500 tar per hour) and harralander is relatively cheap/easy now thanks to the GE. And who cares if you can't sell it, just use it because the salamander can hit high.

Sc.png

I kina is now, but i dont think its worth it. You would lose money in the long run.

-Haseo

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I can sell 3 dose supers just fine. I am no going to waste time making them into 4 dosers, even if I couldn't sell them at 3 dose I would rather let them sit in bank than click for hours without getting any exp.

Herblore is now easier because you can buy herbs faster but apart from that nothing has changed. You still lose money and it is still slow. There is also no big reward at 82+ so people don't care to get 99 in it most of the time. \'

it's as 'fast' as it always was, providing you do not take into account the time spent acquiring herbs. The GE makes that stage a lot faster.

I have to admit that the grand exchange has enticed me into buying more than a few hundred grimy irits, kwarms and rannars. Also Limpwurt seeds (I get about 24 per each hundred kwarms I buy, which takes some of the loss off).

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

The quickness/easiness of leveling a skill like Herblore depends on the amount of cash that you can put into it. If you're one of these lucky fellows who has a few party hat sets and isn't too worried about spending money without making it back then costly skills (herblore, smithing, crafting, ect) is easy.

for an average joe who has to manage his money (by buying some of the lower costing herbs or trying to make back what money they spend by selling off the pots) it can be very time consuming and difficult.

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)