Prices not being updated on the Grand Exchange

Mucky

The prices on items in the Grand Exchange are basically falling. I log on everyday to find out the prices on everything I am selling has dropped. So everyday I have to decide if I want to lower the price on my items or to leave my prices where they are. I have no problem with is. This is how the GE works. I am selling the same things alot of other people are trying to sell so the prices continue to drop.

My problem is that some items are not selling and the prices are remaining unchanged. I don't understand why.

As an example: I am selling a signifigant amount of cooked tuna. I have had the item posted at the minimum price since the GE was released. I understand that there must be alot of people trying to sell this same item. What I don't understand is the minimum/maximum price. The item is clearly not selling but the minimum price has not changed. This seems clear to me that the value of the item needs to be lowered but it has not been changed.

So what is there criteria for changing the minimum/maximum price?

I assumed it was some sort of automated process that updated once a day. Or are they manually making prices changes and ignoring certain items?

I THINK every 12 hours they see what the AVERAGE price for that item has been selling for and make it that... E.G.

DDS, 48k-52k..

But majority gets sold at 48k.

So next day they are 46k-50k...

Etc.. dds are currently 30k each though..Because They are hard to find.. people try to search "DRAGON DAGGER" not "drag".. it only comes under drag.. thats why its dropped heaps..

but as for ur tuna, it just goes on the average selling/buying price.

ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâãÃÆÃââââ¬ÃºMBÃÆÃââââ¬Ã¦ ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆÃââââ¬Ã¡ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâéK

lumba__jack.gif

lumba__jack.png

lumba__jack.png

Ive been selling at the minimum price for days, 90 gp, with no buyers. So even if one person bought 1 tuna at 90 gp, shouldnt the price have changed from 90-100 to 85-95. I am just not sure why the prices are not changing.

Im guessing with the next update will come new prices, so stock up or sell because when prices change all in 1 day alot of people are going to be mad im afraid.

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

Ive been selling at the minimum price for days, 90 gp, with no buyers. So even if one person bought 1 tuna at 90 gp, shouldnt the price have changed from 90-100 to 85-95. I am just not sure why the prices are not changing.

Jagex explained to us that the more of something on the market, the lower the price would be. Obviously, no one is buying your tuna and more people are trying to get rid of theirs just like you.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Lots of prices haven't changed since day one. The whole price range system is an unqualified disaster, IMO.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

i don't think anyone would buy tuna from ge unless they are members making tuna potatos or low lvld non members who can probably supply their own, tuna doesnt have much of a market at all because its easy to get and cooked tuna is not used as a major food fish like lobs or sharks

Scrd_Silence.png

Jagex have a thread for items that are off the mark price wise.

They are going to manually update them so thoose items will sell.

But also you must bare in mind, just because its a faster way to sell. Doesn't mean buyers magically appear.

Tuna was hard to impossible to sell as it was, so why should it be any different now?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It is either a bug in GE or Jagex set some minimum prices that cannot be undercut ?

The same is for 210GP gold bars - from day 1. have not moved.

Exactly. I don't understand why JageX wont let us have a player defined market. Why do they have to control prices?

The gold bar thing is one example on a item that is just hugely overpiced without going down in price because it seem to have hit a "minimum cap" (And that cap is higher than the alch value of 160 btw)

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

It is either a bug in GE or Jagex set some minimum prices that cannot be undercut ?

The same is for 210GP gold bars - from day 1. have not moved.

Exactly. I don't understand why JageX wont let us have a player defined market. Why do they have to control prices?

The gold bar thing is one example on a item that is just hugely overpiced without going down in price because it seem to have hit a "minimum cap" (And that cap is higher than the alch value of 160 btw)

I think you are on to something with the "Minimum Cap" on certain items.

Jagex have a thread for items that are off the mark price wise.

They are going to manually update them so thoose items will sell.

But also you must bare in mind, just because its a faster way to sell. Doesn't mean buyers magically appear.

Tuna was hard to impossible to sell as it was, so why should it be any different now?

thats the thing people have to remember.

and browsing items for sale at a set price will not slow/stop RWT as much as anonymous does.

why? because, oh ill be selling 23274 logs 73 ea. okay, got it. or w/e. then, now the autoing accounts which after taking in that kind of $ give it to another account? massively? seems like a hint. and not gift giving.

i hope summoning displaces some of this turbulence its getting very...stale

well if people keep selling the items for the minimum prices, the average price (default) is set to that price and in turn the 5% offer range drops. If everyone sells it for the max price, after a while the default becomes nthat price.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I don't know if I am explaining myself correctly. When the GE was released I tried to sell flax for the minimum price, I believe the minimum prices was 80gp. I was not surprized at all that when I logged on the next day my flax had not sold and the minimum prices had dropped. The GE was swapped with people selling flax and very few were buying. For the next few days the minimum price continued to fall and I eventually sold my flax for 56 gp. Lots of sellers, few buyers, this is how I expected the GE to react.

My cooked tuna was also on the GE. I set my prices at 90 gp, the minimum price and waited. The price seemed high to me, I had no expectations of selling at that price. I assumed there would be alot of people trying to sell the same item and I knew there are very few people who would be interested in buying. The problem is, the item has been sitting on the GE for over a week and the minimum price has not changed. No one is interested in buying at that price, why was the price ajusted on some items and not on others?

Apparently the same thing is going on with gold bars. I would like to know what other items have not been updated.

Yeah, the worst one I think is yew longbows. They've been sitting at 704 gp ea minimum since the GE was released. That's BS, how couldn't Jagex have known that people were selling for ~610 ea before?

Uh, I don't know about everything else but the price of super strength potions are dropping fairly rapidly. (I'm selling them)

I keep having to reset the price I'm selling at 'cuz the minimum keeps dropping.

Law/nature runes are generally selling well though.

The OoC: Order of Cabbage. Guardians of 3,600,000+ Cabbages! That a lotta cabbage!

----

Quest Cape: 249 QP || Skill Total: 1623+ || 88/91 Thieving ||

ysigfo7.png

Does nobody read the KB articles? The prices changes only if an item sells. The price sold at relative to the normal price determines it's rise or fall.

If nobody is buying, the prices doesn't change. If people buy at the normal price, the price remains unchanged. However, if somebody buys the item above or below normal market value, the price changes respectively.

I win. \'

asigthegodofsoupzz0.gif

The spelling and grammar of that email was that of an 11 year old palestinian goatboy who is speaking english for the first time
Quite simply, Facebook craps on Myspace. Then makes it eat the crap.

Does nobody read the KB articles? The prices changes only if an item sells. The price sold at relative to the normal price determines it's rise or fall.

That's certainly a literal take on something I didn't see in the Knowledge Base. What I did read was that market price was based on supply and demand. No buyers, no demand.

With the tuna example, it would plausibly be explained that the unsuccessful seller was just at the end of a long queue where buyers were paying above the minimum. In that scenario, the price remains stable, while that seller remains unhappy.

o_knames.png

Maxed total levels

Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)

I THINK every 12 hours they see what the AVERAGE price for that item has been selling for and make it that... E.G.

DDS, 48k-52k..

But majority gets sold at 48k.

So next day they are 46k-50k...

Etc.. dds are currently 30k each though..Because They are hard to find.. people try to search "DRAGON DAGGER" not "drag".. it only comes under drag.. thats why its dropped heaps..

but as for ur tuna, it just goes on the average selling/buying price.

Actually, jagex is smarter then that.

If there is barely any supply (IE: every 1 is trying to buy it and people rarely sell it) then the price will go up. and the opposite for selling.

When ever prices get to what the need to be, then there will be the same amount of buyers as sellers for every item, and prices will be what they need to be based on supply and demand, however with everyone selling all their junk in their bank, prices are lowering (It will raise back up after it settles in a few months)

sig.jpg