What is needed to destroy RWT

Aquiel

I don't thinking stopping RWT will ever be possible unless..

You can trade, you can drop, you can get into an area with monsters and get yourself killed and the customer picks it up, you can get yourself pked by the customer. You can sell a rare to a shop, and the customer quickly buys it.

Ruining staking will be absolutely useless in the long run unless they are capable to do something about what I mentioned above..

If they really want to stop RWT, they'd have to either remove trading or have it closely monitored(a friend lends another friend money, friend gets banned.. and you know Jagex is fully capable of screwing friends' gifts with such monitoring).

They'd also have to remove deathpiles and prevent anything to be dropped on the ground...

They'd need to make general store prices for rares as expensive as the normal price..

And then, if they did all that, RWT would be pretty much screwed up, unless I forgot something. Trading between accounts could be dead also. But if they did that, I think lots and lots of people would be really angry. This is like killing important parts of the game because of RWTers.

They also could instead, tackle the problem at the source, and start a cash shop to sell special items for real life money, such items would be worth a lot in game gp, thus it would be an indirect way to sell gp, and about at teh same price as gold farmers. That would kill gold farmers. But, lots of people would be really upset if we could just buy advantages in the game because you're rich in real life, it's not fair...

ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s up to us the players to decide what we really want. Would you rather prefer Jagex to change the things I mentioned above, or would you rather prefer Jagex to fix staking and just let RWT keep happening, but the game stays intact?

7320.jpg

7753.gif

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is wondering if JAGeX is going to go full-out and completely eliminate any possible ways to transfer illegal gold or items.

Personally, I think JAGeX will run RuneScape into the ground to stop RWTing, they have a personal beef with gold farmers now.

asigthegodofsoupzz0.gif

The spelling and grammar of that email was that of an 11 year old palestinian goatboy who is speaking english for the first time
Quite simply, Facebook craps on Myspace. Then makes it eat the crap.

They'd need to make general store prices for rares as expensive as the normal price..

When buying items from the 'player stock' tab in shops, prices will now be based on whichever is highest: the predefined prices or the Grand Exchange price. This change is necessary because the shops were a way that players could covertly transfer wealth. Selling items into shops or buying from the 'main stock' tab in shops will still be based on our predefined prices, though some shops have had slight changes to the prices that they will buy and sell items at.

One thing down, a few more to go...

When buying items from the 'player stock' tab in shops, prices will now be based on whichever is highest: the predefined prices or the Grand Exchange price. This change is necessary because the shops were a way that players could covertly transfer wealth. Selling items into shops or buying from the 'main stock' tab in shops will still be based on our predefined prices, though some shops have had slight changes to the prices that they will buy and sell items at.

One thing down, a few more to go...

:lol:

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Tbh they just need to either sell gold at better prices than goldfarmers, or they'll have to find a way to shut down the sites. If they destroy RS to get rid of goldfarmers, they'll be doing the same thing, metaphorically, as shooting a child to get rid of it's cold.

Basically, they ruined staking in a completely futile attempt to hinder RWTing. It's not really that hard for RWTers to tell someone to come to a certain spot at a certain time, recieve their payment, drop the gold/items and have the buyer pick it up. Whats next, getting rid of the 'drop' option? Getting rid of non-GE trading? Destroying the wilderness? Because thats what the Bounty Hunter game will set up, once they have that, they can kill the wildy because 'RWTers' supposedly let buyers kill them to get the items or gold purchased. If it gets to the point where all player interactions are restricted, I'm quitting. After all, there's always Oblivion...

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

Jagex are slowly stopping the RWT's, just have patience!

Stop lying to yourself. Really, it's bad for you.

Exactly why you should listen to your own advise latino.

Afterall, you just established that its bad for you, yet you just did it anyways... :roll:

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

yes but at what price?

Is not part of this obvious? At the expense stakers.

At least that is the most obvious one at this current time, however after the astonishing, and almost literally, eradication of staking. Dont be all too surprised too see perhaps more things go soon, for example perhaps pking in some way shape or form as you can look at all the other speculation threads about the gravestones and what they may mean for this game.

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

yes but at what price?

At least that is the most obvious one at this current time, however after the astonishing, and almost literally, eradication of staking. Dont be all too surprised too see perhaps more things go soon, for example perhaps pking in some way shape or form as you can look at all the other speculation threads about the gravestones and what they may mean for this game.

The pure ess update, the cap on dueling update... There's a lot Jagex is willing to do... However, people will get used to these changes over time. I remember the first time pure ess came in. That was just about as crazy flame-wise as the GE and dueling cap updates are right now. Don't worry so much about it. You'll get used to it when you allow yourself to see the positives.

yes but at what price?

The pure ess update, the cap on dueling update... There's a lot Jagex is willing to do... However, people will get used to these changes over time. I remember the first time pure ess came in. That was just about as crazy flame-wise as the GE and dueling cap updates are right now. Don't worry so much about it. You'll get used to it when you allow yourself to see the positives.

Yup, that shows what Jagex is willing to do...pure essence accomplished what exactly? Go check out the essence mines in p2p sometime. It raised the profits of essence autoers, nothing more, and at the cost of every runecrafter in the game.

I think the current methods that have been introduced are having a great impact, but clearly more can be done.

I think that Jagex can only do so much on their own. They need support from foreign ISPs and government policy makers to make trading of intellectual property completely illegal. This would mean that Jagex would be punching well above their weight and would require the formation of an organisation of multiple heavy hitting companies that would drive these policies through.

Given the complete lack of success against trading of other intellectual properties such as music and movie rights, then I fear this is a battle Jagex can never truly win. The best they can hope to do, is make life as difficult as possible at their end for RWTs.

Harrington.gif

yes but at what price?

5 bucks a month from every staker who was sad enough to quit.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Staking was destroyed because rich stakers would sell their massive winnings for real world cash. Unless I reead the first part wrong, you thought they used it as a way to trade.

Yes, RWT is hard to get rid of. I really think the only way to have a nice impact is to crack down hard on the players that buy gps, and develop a much better system of finding and tracking real world trades. A better system of detecting bots and farmers is also needed. There are thousands of bots with over 13m fishing, woodcutting, and runecrafting exp. There was a ruencrafting bot with 16m exp in rcing. I reported it every day for 2 weeks. Finally it was banned yesterday.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

If we look at it purely from the RWTing aspect, pure essence was their most worthless update possible. It did nothing to stop people from macroing there. Prices on regular ess just rose to the same price plain essence was before the update, and it opened up a new profitable business for them; pure essence mining. If it's worth it gold farmers are more than willing to sign their bots up for members; that's why we have flax macros.

But it did have a positive side. I can say with a certainty that if more expensive essence hadn't been implemented, prices on runes would have dropped like a rock, eventually. Hell they're already starting to, anyway... that might not have been such a bad thing if essence was cheap, too, but the skill of magic would have defiantly been cheapened.

However I don't see a positive side with some of their recent efforts, at all. Making player stock match GE only hurt people like aspiring 99 FMers who used player stocked willows. The party room update made it completely impossible to use the party room for small, quiet drop parties. And the 3k cap... completely killed an aspect of the game. Of course there is a positive with the concept of a cap on stakes, but really Jagex didn't restrict staking with this 3k cap, they killed it.

I'm really hoping Jagex doesn't resort to any of the measures that Aquiel listed... I would have thought that these things would have been inconceivable before, but with Jagex on this "crusade" I'm not too sure anymore.

I agree. Until they remove the ability to drop items or be killed with items (pretty sure trading doesn't matter since they have control over that and ban people over unbalanced trades), then the prior updates like ruining the duel arena were completely in vain. It doesn't matter that one route of transferring was ended. It's not like those people are done with what they do know. They'll just drop trade.

You forgot- the goldfarmers can always just sell their autoing accounts with all the money on them...

but it would still slow down RWTing incredibly, because 1 single autoer cant make much money in its lifetime, its the trading all the money to one account where RWTers get the millions of gp. Plus, less people are gona want to buy an acount that has autoed, and still more people wont want to buy the accounts because they want the money on the account they already have.

This dosnt mean that there wont be anyone to mess up the econimy tho... once they get rid of the RWT's, the autoers might turn to something else like... gp maby? they could chop willows and sell them at the grand exange, then keep the money till they get banned. I duno lol, just a thought. Theres pretty much no way to get rid of the majority of problems in runescape until you get rid of all the autoers.

whiteknightyu9.png

yeata7.png

won1ew3.png

Snake6man.png

Whats your average lv? viewtopic.php?t=615571&start=0&pos

It does seem very evident by now Jagex's utilitarian approach to try winning this crusade against their main violators (and criminals) may be heading excessively towards the negative scale... :-k

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

I don't thinking stopping RWT will ever be possible unless..

They liek shut down out teh servahs!

Its wunderbufall!

Tehn no mor autoz with teh yewwz and teh lobesters and teh fuhlax.

Tehn we can liek sell Jagex for free geepeez Pl0x!

Seriously, they way they update these days...

But back on topic, I'm fine with RWT. Autoing is the only thing that i hate.

The only thing i think that Jagex could do is improve their auto detection systems. Either that or walk out in the middle of a Chinese back city alley, and yells first to ban 100 bots gets 4 loaves of bread!

No witty signatures for me :(

I agree. Until they remove the ability to drop items or be killed with items (pretty sure trading doesn't matter since they have control over that and ban people over unbalanced trades), then the prior updates like ruining the duel arena were completely in vain. It doesn't matter that one route of transferring was ended. It's not like those people are done with what they do know. They'll just drop trade.

...This reply is a continuation (see my reply to queltar's article) of my previous ideas. I might combine them all one day and make a real article.

It's not like Jagex are not aware of what you are saying.

They are behaving very logically and prudently by removing the secondary routes first, before delivering the final blows.

Removing or seriously hampering person-to-person trading and wilderness PK loot (which is undoubtedly going to happen at a certain point), will cause an uproar stronger than the DA, PC, SS and 14h riots combined... by a factor of 10. All the past ones can be considered a "vocal minority" dissent, but these ones, oh baby, these ones are REALLY gonna hurt.

One argument which would undoubtedly rise if ptp trading was hampered would be "well RWT can still use DA or shops to cheat, so why punish regular players when it won't even stop RWT". By removing secondary RWT routes first, when Jagex is going to pay the heavy price of limiting the biggest player interactions of the game, they will at least achieve the goal to achieve they sacrifice so much - break the back of RWT, for good. This will also somewhat weaken the opposition to these updates, and give Jagex much better publicity ground.

Get rid of the easy stuff first. Get rid of item transfer through party room. Get rid of item transfer through DA.

We already see hints of what is there to come. Jagex is introducing the Wilderness Headstones, and they can justify it as they please, but we all know the real reason they will be there for -- hamper, in one way or another, ptp trading.

Only a fool would create the revolution in one step. The price is just too high. Instead, they will methodically work step by step to deal with their issues. Introduce the headstones. Balance looting "per level" or some other way (the lower your level, the less items you can take or drop in the wilderness). Of course this will be justified "for your own safety". Yeah, right.

Then introduce some kind of balancing mechanism for trading. If you trade too unbalanced, RS will tell you to "reconsider because you are giving valuable items for nothing". There. Problem solved.

In short, Jagex should, and will, take slow steps, and carefully word their decisions to make it look like they do it "for the players' own sake".

Jagex has only one enemy. This enemy is...

ANY OUTSIDE INFLUENCE

It doesn't matter if the influence is in the form of RWT or in the form of fansites. Jagex doesn't want anybody else to meddle with their game or players. Jagex doesn't like people who outdo everyone else, be it those who purchase their wealth through RWT or those who merchant and speculate the market, or DA fighters who can make millions in minutes. Jagex has quotas on how much they think players should "fairly" make in an hour, and any "geniouses" who are able to ride the system will be dealt with, one way or another.

Essentially, Jagex is turning RS into a communist dictatorship, where the ruling party (Jagex) enforces "equality" on the players, even when it means getting rid of the brightest and most productive members of that society, who have no wish to be confined to menial labor like everyone else.

But as I said previously (see my reply in that post), I'm in no position to criticize Jagex for their moves. If I was in their place, I'd act in their own best interest. As I have previously written, Jagex never liked the "elite" because they simply cause trouble and are not worth the profit.

As much as I hate Jagex's initiative to destroy the spirit and mechanics of the game as we know it, I cannot deny them intelligence and wit. If Jagex's gamble wins, yes, they will get rid of the gaming elite who ride the system (and also happen to be the backbone of the community and fansites) and leave the little kids who just play RS after school and never visit any other site than Jagex. All what,while ALSO getting rid of RWT (which IS a genuine and major problem).

Jagex will get rid of two classes of people they hate at once, and will justfiy getting rid of the first class as a means of getting rid of the second one. They will kill RWT, squeeze out troublemakers, introduce the equality all the little kids want and beg for, and will make RS a calm and pacified place where peaceful manual labor and childish interaction is valued over the pain and gain of high stakes, risk taking, and the intellectual capacity to be part of the "elite" community.

Occam's Razor my butt. Jagex isn't doing it because they are stupid, they do it because they are smart. If these moves aren't an absolutely brilliant and ingenious (no sarcasm whatsoever) political move for Jagex, I don't know what is.

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?