The small RS innovations

Fredz

This topic is to discuss, suggest and spur ideas on how to make RS a better game with small innovations. I'm not talking about game altering changes or introducing new large futures. I'm talking about the bits and pieces that would make your rs life more fun or better.

I hope that this can be for positive input and spur creativity. If you can't or don't know how to contribute, I would hope that you don't reply.

I can start with a little innovation I have been thinking about for the slayer gem. I spend a lot time on the slayer skill, and I just find it annoying that I cant look up my monster stats when I'm in the middle of a fight, and that I always have to go trugh a long conversation with Duradel every time I want to check my stats, and that might be a few times each trip to be honest.

A fix:

statsenchiu3.png

A right click "Stat" option shown in the picture above.

Please share your micro innovations that would make your rs life better :)

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

nice idea, i hate going through the dialogue, and half the time i click the wrong phrases #-o

Anyways, i was thinking it would be VERY helpful if Jagex could allow you to autofill compost bins. It gets very annoying having to click "Use watermelon ---> Compost bin" over and over again.

Thats a very good idea with the slayer gem. Id like them to fix the dieing emotes for some of the monsters, such as greater demons. I don't like waiting 10seconds waiting for drop then getting attacked by wild dog :XD:

- also wouldn't mind a perfurme or something you could carry to make monster always agressive towards you, would help in areas like daggonaths under lighthouse, or if you are generally a lazy person

nice idea, i hate going through the dialogue, and half the time i click the wrong phrases #-o

Anyways, i was thinking it would be VERY helpful if Jagex could allow you to autofill compost bins. It gets very annoying having to click "Use watermelon ---> Compost bin" over and over again.

Agreed, although I personally wouldn't waste watermelons on super compost.

I think my main 'little niggle' would be to put a 'collect' option on the bank chests in shantay, castle wars and lumbridge cellar. Especially as castle wars and lumbridge are probably the banks I use most often.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

also wouldn't mind a perfurme or something you could carry to make monster always agressive towards you, would help in areas like daggonaths under lighthouse, or if you are generally a lazy person

Like a pheromone ball, like in Half Life 2. Sounds like a good idea.

I'd love for Jagex to add mock npcs in places like Lumbridge and Seers, hanging around and sitting outside of buildings. Homeless people with names like Lumberjack 1052, Flax Picker 5325. They all look the same, and when you talk to them, they talk about how angry they are that thanks to certain people, they're out of a job and the resources they'd picked are useless now. Your character mentions that they all look the same and he gets angry, calling it a time effective uniform.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

also wouldn't mind a perfurme or something you could carry to make monster always agressive towards you, would help in areas like daggonaths under lighthouse, or if you are generally a lazy person

Jagex put that in so you couldn't AFK train.No need to do away with the oldest, most effective random ever, is there

Still alive, still alive.

I would like for my rune essence pouches to auto fill and auto empty. For each run into the abyss I end up clicking 13 times in the bank, a few more times to make it out to the mage, then another 13 times at the altar (my numbers could be off a little). If auto fill and empty were put in place 26 clicks would be taken out of the equation.

Aulderic.png

I've killed over 20,000 dust devils while training to 99 attack and have still not gotten a dragon chain.

A little screen to show up when a game at clan wars is set. So you know how much time you have before you can enter and how many players are on your team/other team. And automaticly make your team blue on the mini map and the other team white so you don't have to look around the map clicking on your team to see if they are the other team. Get rid of the attack option for your team so you can click right on the other team instead of getting the message that player is on your team. Little small things in clan wars are pissing me off.

(only thing i'm doing atm so i'm not really sure what other innovations I could come up with)

Quit RuneScape :)

A timer that you can turn on and off. It shows up at a monster spawn point, maybe you can hover over it and it will show what monster will spawn there, what level it is, and how long until it spawns, would be very helpful at Dk's.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

A timer that you can turn on and off. It shows up at a monster spawn point, maybe you can hover over it and it will show what monster will spawn there, what level it is, and how long until it spawns, would be very helpful at Dk's.

A very interesting idea. Perhaps make it a Lunar Spell. When casted you can see all the spawn locations and time remaining to spawn for a few seconds.

Thanks for all the replies so far guys/girls. Its appreciated :)

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

i love the idea of the mock npcs that would be really good. good idea with the stats thing but maybe a different name like task progress instead of stats.

i also thing they should make slayer more interesting as a whole as that would make combat more interesting too.

some ideas:

extra exp when you finish a task maybe some items or potions.

at the major levels (20, 50, 60 70 80 maybe) the slayer master could give you some special equipment that would make your life easier when slaying

A few little 'uns...

Give all barmen a "Trade" option on right-click, meaning you can buy beers in bulk instead of one-by-one with a lot of talking. (I think some bar staff have this already)

In the Keldagrim mines, give Dondaken a right-click option to fire you into the gold mine (after you've completed quest), and give the boatman a right-click option to ship your gold to the bank. At the moment, both require too much talking.

ac04aa6c29.png

Baraglas.png

Make prices on ores in the blast furnace area what they used to be, but make it to where it can only hold up to 200 ores.

The whole player stock equaling GE thing pretty much killed solo blast furnace...