unorclan

Gielinor Tribune: 15th Edition (Dec. 15th) ~MSSW&RSUpdates~

gtbannerx.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 15th, 2007

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Gielinor Tribune is the oldest Player-made Runescape Newspaper on Tip.it (Tip.it Times does not count). We've been working hard since May 2007 (the first opening) to make the best RS Newspaper out there and to always keep our reader's expectations.

1. Gielinor Tribune News by Book(GT Manager)

2. New Age of RuneScape by Randox

3. The 12 Pains of RuneScape by Honest1

4. Interview of Dbzruler72 by Killerred005

5. Goodbye to all My Yesterdays by Firsttsurugi

6. Comic by Dkw0101

7. Jagex: Saviours or Sinners? by Moneyman6369

8. Exiles Part 3: A Touch of Christmas Spirit by Andufus

9. MSSW3 Pictures by Book(unorclan)

10. Imponderables by Book (unorclan on tip.it)

11. The Drunken Dwarf's Tip.iter of the Week! by Yours Truly

12. Gielinor Tribune Accepting Guest Articles

13. Gielinor Tribune Staff List

~ Part One: Gielinor Tribune News by Book

Gielinor Tribune Wishes RS a Merry Christmas

The Gielinor Tribune Staff and partners would like to wish all our readers and supporters a Merry Christmas!

And now, from our very own Creative Writer, Andufus, we bring to you his....

Christmas Poem.

The people of varrock gather around,

A festive tree in the centre of town

And they sing a sweet carol to the royal king.

Soon the old fairies appear to honour

A small baby boy, the prince of varrock.

The small little boy,

Silent and sweet,

Lay there enjoying the festive music.

Suddenly the sun started to set,

And as the moon raised,

The royal family disappeared.

And all eyes turned as a figure he flew

Fat and jolly, and a toy and a sack

Reindeers a-plenty jingling merrily

And then he gave a big ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Å[garden tool], [garden tool], [garden tool]!ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

I see *someone* forgot to publish an interview with *someone* :-w .

It was... lets see...oh yeah, just about...yep the ENTIRE staff said you were gonna mention this. Lol.

We had a pile up of 5 interviews we needed to pick from, MSSW3 is recent so we did Dbzruler.

It'll be in the next edition i'm pretty sure.

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

I see *someone* forgot to publish an interview with *someone* :-w .

It was... lets see...oh yeah, just about...yep the ENTIRE staff said you were gonna mention this. Lol.

We had a pile up of 5 interviews we needed to pick from, MSSW3 is recent so we did Dbzruler.

It'll be in the next edition i'm pretty sure.

Hehe, just a friendly joke Book :) Otherwise, great issue. =D>

tipitsig.png

Very nicely written. Kudos for you!!!

I understand where JaGeX is coming from, but I'm still going to quit. Why? The atmosphere feels... different. Things are changing and, in my opinion, not for the better. Now, if they tweak it quite a bit, I might hang on. But as of now, hasta la vista babi!!

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

great work as usual! I like the new advertisement part (H1P) heh.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

Thank you Latino. For I have said and defended Jagex for their updates recently, I can still understand why people quit. I just dont like the whole "tis the season to bash Jagex" thing. Bu tI shall still be around. I have to at least see the christmas updates and summoning. I hav enot had the chance to write about a new skill yet which should be even more fun than the autoer article I did way, way back.

Nice Articles by Randox and Firstt!

Pretty Lame Comic though.

Cool Interview.

Thank you, kindly. :D

Thank you Latino. For I have said and defended Jagex for their updates recently, I can still understand why people quit. I just dont like the whole "tis the season to bash Jagex" thing. Bu tI shall still be around. I have to at least see the christmas updates and summoning. I hav enot had the chance to write about a new skill yet which should be even more fun than the autoer article I did way, way back.

+1

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

hey book, my bad, it seems tipit doesnt support the table code either. might want to replace that with the other one i made

Great job guys :thumbsup:

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

The 10th thing of Runescape thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s such a pain to me is logging into cabbage at my feet.

On the stake you go Honest 1 :twisted: . Need someone with 99 firemaking here.

Good article, too bad I couldn't be at the MMSSW.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Glad everyone likes this edition!

Also, has anyone noticed the BRAND NEW Tip.iter of the Week banner? Amazing work done by our Graphic Artist - Mulli.

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Glad everyone likes this edition!

Also, has anyone noticed the BRAND NEW Tip.iter of the Week banner? Amazing work done by our Graphic Artist - Mulli.

three cheers for him! it looks superb!

You spelt "Entrance into Wilderness" wrong. You wrote enterence.

Otherwise, looks nice. I loved that comic, lol :D Does anyone actually buy the weed though?

Wow, that's a lot of steel war pics. Very nice :) If we were from the movie The Golden Compass (based off the book), there would have been a lot of dust shed :boohoo:

Obviously lacking a copyeditor here and there.

Yes, we make mistakes sometimes. Just take solice in the fact that you didn't see Randox's issue before Book decided to take the editting into his own hands. :ohnoes:

You would have lost more IQ points than if you read the entire of the RSOF. :lol:

No offense to Randox, of course.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

Another really nice version of the Gielnor Tribute! Thank you a lot for a very nice read. The articles about merchanting's future was really intresing, since I'm a merchanter myself. Thank you to everyone in the Staff for your amazing work!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Obviously lacking a copyeditor here and there.

Yes, we make mistakes sometimes. Just take solice in the fact that you didn't see Randox's issue before Book decided to take the editting into his own hands. :ohnoes:

You would have lost more IQ points than if you read the entire of the RSOF. :lol:

No offense to Randox, of course.

It beats accusing me of underage drinking :lol:

It's not my fault that open office has a defective spell cheack. The fetures there but it does nothing and I dont want to pay for microsoft word. I have 2003 though which I can replace my 2007 trial with though. Or I could make spell check work.

Should have seen my spelling a year ago, looked like I was [bleep]tating to trained monkeys. Anyways our editors do try but they are human. One day we will create a machine to give us 2 extra hours a day so all our editors can go over everything we write.

From reading that interview, it looks like you just sent DBZ a list of questions with spaces for his answers..

Q: If you could have anyone in your clan, who would it be? Why?

Erm, I don't understand this question.

Can you clarify this before this interview goes public? lol

Q: This concludes this interview. Would there be anything you would like to add?

I'm not telling you how to run this thing, but to me, that is just a slightly personalised survery, and not an interview, which would explain why whe I read it it felt like it was done by a computer.

Get on msn/IRc and actually talk to the person whilst directing questions, instead of throwing a list of questions at them and waiting until they send the reply back.

I'm not trying to claim that the current method is terrible, but don't just interview someone for the sake of interviewing them.. :|

calvinandhobbessigedite.png