What do you mean by no lifer?

Central_Keeper

As a reflection post on the best/top player thread, this post also address one of the common problem high skill or combat lvl players faced when someone is in a disagreement with what they achieved through out the years.

Post your opinions, and see what other thinks

a happy Runescaper

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A No-lifer is for me, a person that choses Runescape above his Social Life and School, a person that plays 10+ hours a day and cries for getting kicked from the Clan-Chat.

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

A No-lifer is for me, a person that choses Runescape above his Social Life and School, a person that plays 10+ hours a day and cries for getting kicked from the Clan-Chat.

that would be me except the crying and social life part.

i hold school as the LOWEST part of my life.. I'm not an introvert so social life is ok. and i play 15+ hours daily.. so yep.

a nolifer would be th3warr1or

gimpbaraf2.png

171053881LSKUser.png

Click My Signature For Training Guide/LSK respectively.

There's an old RS joke:

If someone has a lower combat lvl than you, he's a noob. If someone has a higher combat lvl than you, he's a no-lifer. :twisted:

Personnally, I don't judge people. So what if someone has a high combat lvl and an astounding total lvl? Maybe it just means they've been playing for a long time (maybe since the release of RS2) and does not mean they are nerds. :|

On the other hand, if the account is so new that they have yet to experience their first holiday event, and they're already going into the high-lvl crater in Bounty Hunter, while showing off a trimmed Runecrafting cape, then maybe it's safe to say that the player is a no-lifer (or that they had bought their account:P)

But for most people like myself, Runescape is just a way to kill some down-time during those whole 10 minutes a day where you just can't seem to find a reality show on TV (joking :P). You can't expect to play a skilling-based MMORPG and not gain levels! :shame:

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

i hold school as the LOWEST part of my life.. I'm not an introvert so social life is ok. and i play 15+ hours daily.. so yep.

So if you have exams for example, you go play Runescape instead of studying?

And 15+ hours daily? Sorry but that's no-life in my eyes. Play Runescape 15 hours, eat and drink for 1.5 hours. Hmm, where is the social life? :shock:

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

And 15+ hours daily? Sorry but that's no-life in my eyes. Play Runescape 15 hours, eat and drink for 1.5 hours. Hmm, where is the social life? :shock:

I bet he plays RS while eating. So that leaves about 1 hour (if you sleep 8 horus a day, which is, for me, not even enough) for friends,going to school, communicating with parents, girlfriend, exercising (sport), ...

Seems a lot to fit in just one hour eh :D

As many people start to address the common points to be defined as no lifer, and those are good points, but lets look deeper into the meaning of no lifer.

When we saw a high combat lvl player, first reaction would be probably Wow, and then we check them out on highscore and look at their total lvls, you either go oh, mmm, not bad, or second WOW.

Now we all know that to obtain those lvls, you need to be dedicated to your character, you can train one by the following factors

Train fast, and long hours during short period of time (over the span of few months or weeks)

Train moderately, but a long term player (over the span of few years)

Or the combination of both

Now if there is a way to tell how many hours that a player spent on their character in a summary sheet, that would be great, like how many hours in total in number of week, years, months, and days

But people always get the assumption that high lvl players tend to have no life when it comes to their high lvl simply because the amount of xp they have in relfection of how long they train.......

to be continue....

a happy Runescaper

I agree with Dragon lord: i tend not to judge people. However, when I hear people say things like: I'm aiming for 1mil xp per day from now on, like I have often before, the world no-lifer does spring to mind.

I always play a lot more during the holidays, but never more than 5 hours maximum. Playing anything more than 10 hours again highlights a no-lifer in my mind. I don't see how you can fit it into a day while still interacting with even your own family.

I tend to go out/play sports/have friends round at least every other day, and playing Runescape for 10 hours sounds ludicrous. (spelling :?:)

OK, to play 10 hours on a day every so often in the holidays might be possible if parents are out and nothing else its on, but I would still see it as rather peculiar. If you have the time to spend 10 hours playing runescape, then surely you also have easily enough time to go out with friends.

To sum up, a no-lifer to me is someone who:

Puts Runescape above a social life.

Puts Runescape above work/shoolwork.

Puts Runescape above doing sports and staying healthy.

Gets mood swings irl from things happening in Runescape.

Plays more that 7-8 hours a day frequently.

A no-lifer isn't someone who has a high level (although they can be.)

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Additional time break down, side notes to no lifer definition

24 Hours in a day, so 8 or 7 is auto deducted for sleep

that leaves youabout 16 to 15 hours for daily activities

assume we spend 6 to 8 hours for either education or job (I would say mostly education due to the target audience of this game)

Eating and showering, and going to the bathroom probably take about 1 to 2 hours per day (its kind of funny, but I just want to address as one)

You still got about 8 to 6 hours left for social, entertainment, and other events outside of school and job environment.

So the remaining time would probably be the potential RS time to train, then again, it applies to weekday, weekends probably longer....but again, as personal preferences, some might deem 1 hr or RS is enough, while other deem 2 to 3 hrs or RS is moderate.

a happy Runescaper

I don't have a definition for no-lifer, because I don't really care, their life is none of my business anyway.

Sure, some think it's sad when people constantly play and give up schoolwork for a game, but it's their choice. I would only really intervene if I saw that it was really bad for the person or if I am close friends with the person.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

I bet he plays RS while eating. So that leaves about 1 hour (if you sleep 8 horus a day, which is, for me, not even enough) for friends,going to school, communicating with parents, girlfriend, exercising (sport), ...

Seems a lot to fit in just one hour eh :D

Hey, i can manage on FOURHOURS SLEEP so that leaves him 5 hours for studying, friends and cartwheeling. \:D/

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

:lol: No disrespect or anything to Zezima, but I was scanning Youtube on my iPod touch the other day and found this funny video with Zezima...The video...Depicted what Zezima would look like on a Yugioh card... :XD:

In my eyes, someone who sits around, has a rolling chair leading to the bathroom, is constantly in a dark room and has his food brought to him via a small dog door, is a "No lifer." Combined with that Youtube video, you have the "No lifer."

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

I play about 3hrs every 2 days, anyone who plays like 10+ a day has no life in my eyes. Some people arnt really socail life , for various reasoons, that doesnt mean they have no life... jsut means they dont get on with people that well.

doc_bender.png

more bank space for non-members

I NO SLEEP.

I BUY YOR RENSKEP GOLD FOR REEL MUNIY.

NOOO, GAME UPDATE! MY 69539 HOUR BINGE HATH BEEN THWARTED!

NOES, MORE FOOD IN MAH KEYBOARDZ, NOW I'LL HAVE TO USE 50% OF MY DAILY ENERGY BY REACHING TO THE LEFT AND PLUGGING IN A NEW ONE.

"MUM, SEND CHESEBRGRZ DOWN AND TELL THAT GIRL TO STOP TRYING TO CALL ME, SHE DISTRACTS MEH FROM RENSKEP!"

"MUM, STOP CALLING ME MIKE! (real life name example) AND CALL ME SLAYERDART00245!"

k, i seriously cba thinking of anymore, but it was fun whilst it lasted.

if53pv.png

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

In my eyes, someone who sits around, has a rolling chair leading to the bathroom, is constantly in a dark room and has his food brought to him via a small dog door, is a "No lifer." Combined with that Youtube video, you have the "No lifer."

OMG that would be awesome

thanks for inspiring me :D

Some might say I'm a no lifer (my mom in general) but I don't play all day, except on weekends. And school work usually comes first. I've never skipped school to play runescape or anything. But I'd be a lier if I said that runescape is a huge part of my life.

bankad8.png

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

>.> >.> >.>

No Lifer = Someone that has nothing to do except: live, play Rs/Game, eat, sleep, drink, breathe, talk, etc... <3:

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I agree with Dragon lord: i tend not to judge people. However, when I hear people say things like: I'm aiming for 1mil xp per day from now on, like I have often before, the world no-lifer does spring to mind.

I always play a lot more during the holidays, but never more than 5 hours maximum. Playing anything more than 10 hours again highlights a no-lifer in my mind. I don't see how you can fit it into a day while still interacting with even your own family.

I tend to go out/play sports/have friends round at least every other day, and playing Runescape for 10 hours sounds ludicrous. (spelling :?:)

OK, to play 10 hours on a day every so often in the holidays might be possible if parents are out and nothing else its on, but I would still see it as rather peculiar. If you have the time to spend 10 hours playing runescape, then surely you also have easily enough time to go out with friends.

To sum up, a no-lifer to me is someone who:

Puts Runescape above a social life.

Puts Runescape above work/shoolwork.

Puts Runescape above doing sports and staying healthy.

Gets mood swings irl from things happening in Runescape.

Plays more that 7-8 hours a day frequently.

A no-lifer isn't someone who has a high level (although they can be.)

Yeah, pretty much says it all :)

A no lifer is someone who sees Runesccape as his or her top priority. Luckily, I'm not one of them ::'

Some might say I'm a no lifer (my mom in general) but I don't play all day, except on weekends. And school work usually comes first. I've never skipped school to play runescape or anything. But I'd be a lier if I said that runescape is a huge part of my life.

Same. I dont play at all during the schoolweek because I have a lot of work to do, and academics come first, but on weekend and breaks well..Lets just say I do play A LOT of hours.

But I spend all day on AIM speaking to my girlfriend and other people I know, get invited to parties, and just yesterday I went for a rather long date.

So how is it that in all my spare free time, im pretty much on Runescape, yet maintain a good social life?

I guess you could say I no life with a life. Think what you want if you really must.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8