Myself an another player were told to Shut Up!

Bradley_006

Myself and another player were asking eachother our fishing levels and having a nice friendly discussion. Suddenly one player who had been there the entire time in silence, bursts out "Shut Up! Some of us like to fish in peace!"

We suggested he turn off his public chat if he is so disturbed by our discussions, he declined that proposition.

Myself and the other player continued to talk and the player continued to complain.

What i would like to know is possible reasons why typing in the game would upset someone who's sitting there in silence. usually someone who doesn't speak is either AFK or watching television or what ever and wouldn't be fussed with what the other players are up to.

Any ideas why it upset him like so?

picture6sd6.jpg

I find it quite hypocritical that you said he should have turned his public chat off(Or added you to ignore) when you could have done the same.

*PREPARES FOR FLAMEZORZ*

Why would he turn his chat off if he is talking to his friend?

And I got something like this in Falador when smelting. Somebody told me to quit bragging when I was just talking to a friend.

Hormones :XD:

I thought females are subjected to hormonal mood swings, not males.

Maybe HE was a girl :ohnoes: . Maybe he's gender confused :ohnoes: :ohnoes: . Maybe hes just anal :uhh: :ohnoes: .

But I think hes just a moron who couldn't understand the concept of turning public chat off (unless one or both of you are pmods, which cant be ignored by something like that) =D> . I'd call it a tempertantrum.

I find it quite hypocritical that you said he should have turned his public chat off(Or added you to ignore) when you could have done the same.

*PREPARES FOR FLAMEZORZ*

Why would he turn his chat off if he is talking to his friend?

And I got something like this in Falador when smelting. Somebody told me to quit bragging when I was just talking to a friend.

*cough*Friends*cough*

Is this really something to rant about?

So you got told to shut up, big deal. Weak rant imo.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

maybe he connects fishing 2 real life, people don't talk a lot while they fish sooooo yeah

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

I agree with baconisbacon, Cbow looks freaking sensual

Runescape: Where strong weapons bring sexual pleasure.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

Thus the Ignore list, setting chat filter to Off or Friends, etc. There are better ways to deal with the situation than the one the annoyed player chose, if they were mature enough. Apparently, that wasn't the case.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

Im gonna go with he had a bad day and is p.o with your convo.

Either that or maybe he's trying to make a "perfect" vid lol

I had a similar experience when fishing at catherby

One guy said :"Can you all be quiet, I'm trying to be lazy"

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Myself and another player were asking eachother our fishing levels and having a nice friendly discussion. Suddenly one player who had been there the entire time in silence, bursts out "Shut Up! Some of us like to fish in peace!"

We suggested he turn off his public chat if he is so disturbed by our discussions, he declined that proposition.

Myself and the other player continued to talk and the player continued to complain.

What i would like to know is possible reasons why typing in the game would upset someone who's sitting there in silence. usually someone who doesn't speak is either AFK or watching television or what ever and wouldn't be fussed with what the other players are up to.

Any ideas why it upset him like so?

I rarely speak, and I'm not AFKing or rarely watching TV, I usually just listen to music.

But I've often wanted to tell people to shut up.

Some of the rubbish people talk about is just annoying.

I can thiink of plenty of conversations I wouldnt want to hear.

if I'm having a conversation with a friend, even if they are right next to me, I would more often than not PM them.

A: because my conversations are nothing to do with whoever else is standing there

B: because, I dont want to hear your conversation with a friend, I wouldnt be rude enough to stand on the same square as you and tell my friend what kind of day I'd had at work or what I did today etc.. etc..

If a conversation is open to everyone to join in, which from what you have said, this sounds like it was, then he had absolutely no reason to ask you to shut up.

But if you're having a conversation that someone was to join in and not be welcome, ie: talking about life / work / school / what your plans are tomorrow / how pretty your gf is / how your mom annoys you.. keep it to PM.

Other circumstances I can think of:

People asking eachother every level they have- look at h/s

People boasting to eachother about their mains

People standing for ages talking about how bad their life/day/being hacked/ friends stealing stuff they lent them etc.. etc..

I'm not saying you were doing any of these things, but a "nice friendly conversation" might not be everybody elses nice conversation.

To me a conversation between friends is just that, keep it between friends, use the PM function, I dont want to hear it. But I wouldnt be so rude in most cases to ask or tell people to shut up.

He probably had no reason whatsoever to ask you to shut up from what you've said it just sounds like some random idiot. but RS is full of idiots. Personally if I find peoples convs annoying they go on iggy for a while.

Deep_pain.gif

Co-Founder of KoA over 18's clan. Founded 2002. An RS clan for adults only.

Now Recruiting