GE Trends |UPDATED March 05th|

primadog

Special thanks to: Sledge, Qeltar, Duke_Freedom, Cruiser, and all the supporters for the success of this project.

[hide=older updates]

UPDATE Jan 17th: HOT TOPIC BABY! Redone the graphs using overall average price as baseline, also reset the y-axis % so it's slightly easier to read. How does it look?

UPDATE Jan 13th: Cruiser (of RuneScript and Pop graph fame) have graciously released customizable charts for us.

UPDATE 1/11/08 Truthscape released weekly market report

UPDATE 1/9/08

A new service, Movers and Shakers, will now be provided alongside the charts that highlights the largest price swings daily and weekly.

UPDATE 1/6/08

Thank you all for the support! I have splitted the charts in hope to make them more readible. In addition, Sledge have kindly shared with us his rares trend data.[/hide]

Resources for the Grand Exchange

TruthScape's Weighted Index of RuneScape Prices

RuneWiki's Grand Exchange Market Watch

Kubr.net (Cruiser's) Customizable GE Charts

GE Market Trends charts, source data, and EXCEL table and charts

Why Track Grand Exchange Prices?

There have been much discussion about Grand Exchange, critiquing it to be ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅRuneScapeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s most important update in yearsÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, the GE is perfect for this. Nice graphs - keep up the work. :)

Marrentil -80%, cadantine -70% and tarromin, dwarf weed, avantoe -50%? Any explanations? Is it because their potions (I'm guessing here) dropped much in price too?

Teak and mahagony dropped -60% to -80% too, any thoughts on that?

That pure essence went up by 55% is not too strange - it dropped quite a bit the past months and I already expected it to rise back, because the low prices simply do not make (pure) rune essence mining worth it. I think normal essence may be up for a rise as well.

The Grand Exchange was indeed an important update, one that benificed the entire player community. :D

Most of those who complained about it were merchanters, because now there was a 5% limit on prices, either above or below the value of the item. What ticked them off even more is that they could no longer manipulate prices. :twisted:

Now, it is very easy to sell or buy nearly anything, and Jagex is working hard to keep the prices up-to-date (not doing so in player-player trades though :| ) whereas when it first came out I bought 10k of pure essence for 80gp each in a mater of seconds, and yesterday I decided to sell what I had left. To my surprise, Jagex has updated the price of pure essence in the Grand Exchange (as well as for other items like yew logs) and the minimum price of pure essence had become 120gp!

So good job Jagex, glad to see you're trying to keep the prices right!

[bad_joke]Drew Carey would be proud[/bad_joke]

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

Wow nice work, helps loads with understanding the complexities of the GE and how to manipulate it. cheers

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

No, it does not show that it's "Out" or "Wrong" it shows that what I see, the prices drop, but I'd say 90% of those items he listed are going back up and stabilizing (Or just stabilizing in the first place after the initial shock/drop).

That's good, it means people are learning to stop panicking.

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

I'm very impressed. With that aside, I wouldn't continue working this hard if it's tiresome. Jagex promised to actually produce a site with graphs and market trends for us based on the GE, so your hard work may be useless once that finally gets out the door.

Though, that may not be for awhile, and it could be lacking in features. So, if you're interested, I don't see why you couldn't continue either.

*puts on Borat accent* Very nice, very nice.

Looking at the graph, all i can say is I'm amazed at how the prices fluctuate so quickly. do you think that along the x axis of the graph you could label the day or time it was that the items were this price? it could help because we could then match the price drastic changing to when it happened and know how updates affect the prices. this way we can finally destroy those runescape disaster predictors saying every update will crash the economy.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

It takes me only 5min everyday to write down the data, so it's not too much trouble. I know JaGeX is releasing the charts, but who knows when will they come out (Waited four years for POH :/).

I am toying with index charts atm, but so far, nothing I like. Perhaps someone who's more experienced at chart making can use my data and polish it to more useful forms?

The obvious trends I noticed:

OVERALL: There was a market depresssion across the board between 12/7 - 12/16th. The most obvious cause is the swiping RWT changes announced at 12/10th, therefore there are some truth to the market crash rumours. However, the prices seems to be returning to normal after that time.

ARMOUR: High level armour seem to be rising while mid range armour remain steady or lowering. I can't quite explain why (my best guess is the christmas and last-chance gifting)

HERBS: Herbs that results in high usage pots (such as ppot and supersets) appear to be rising steadily since in the later half of the month.

Otherwise, items that used to be macroed heavily have been rising (logs and ess), although the rise are less than I expected.

PS the index graph i'm working on:

index_12_31_07.jpg

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

Guest xpoc454

Wish you would have had raw and cooked lobster/shark on that list or fishing in general. Ive been cooking and the shark market seems to have gone crazy up and down.

Good work there.

As to what Duke was saying Maples have dropped so very much due to the introduction of the system....

!0's of 1000's of people who had been collection maple logs for a long time in manage thy kingdom whom had never sold due to low cost, suddenly stuck them up as they meant such little effort to get rid of them..

As such millions of logs that previously would have never touched the market suddenly flooded on. crashing the price....

If they can ever repair the price or not is a different matter.... people may just become so used to the low price, that without JAgex intervention it would never raise.

I look forward to the market watch page jagex say they are developing.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Nice work there. I think that the GE served the purpose for Jagex to track market prices, and thus detect trends which they generally couldn't before (maybe this is the reason for the problem in the setting of initial GE prices?) and this has also helped players.

A dedicated automatically running site (or even a section of runescape.com!) which tracks economic data from the GE would be really appreciated. I can't see how this could be created by anybody outside Jagex, but it may be possible somehow.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I have the data for the dates you missed for some of the materials.

(Prices are from the 8th to the 14th)

Yew logs: 404, 408, 411, 411, 413, 420, 426

Oak logs: 11, 11, 11, 11, 12, 13, 14

Iron ore: 76, 75, 74, 74, 75, 77, 80

Coal: 159, 160, 160, 160, 160, 161, 162

Runite ore: 12242, 12267, 12295, 12253, 12174, 12215, 12238

Nature rune: 271, 272, 273, 267, 261, 259, 258

Rune essence: 19, 19, 19, 19, 20, 21, 23

Pure essence: 80, 81, 83, 88, 93, 98, 103

Nice work with the graphs. I'm using excel too, how did you get it to show the percentage changes? I can't seem to work it out.

lovinmoriog6.png

Retired Moriquendi Staff

Mori Website

Mori Forums

Mori Memberlist

You should make a graph on rares; it should be very interesting.

I'm tracking rares, and the graphs are pretty boring and pretty much useless since they hardly updated. Those graphs will be more useful once the trade cap is in place and people will be forced to do all rare trading on the G.E, making updates much more common.

lovinmoriog6.png

Retired Moriquendi Staff

Mori Website

Mori Forums

Mori Memberlist