GE Trends |UPDATED March 05th|

primadog

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marrentil -80%, cadantine -70% and tarromin, dwarf weed, avantoe -50%? Any explanations? Is it because their potions (I'm guessing here) dropped much in price too?

Teak and mahagony dropped -60% to -80% too, any thoughts on that?

Those are all goods people had sitting around in their bank from MTK, which they dumped into the GE when it came out. The potions doubtlessly affected the herbs as well, although tarromin might actually have gone up due to ashes become easily available if it weren't for the massive supply in people's banks.

That pure essence went up by 55% is not too strange - it dropped quite a bit the past months and I already expected it to rise back, because the low prices simply do not make (pure) rune essence mining worth it. I think normal essence may be up for a rise as well.

Mm, well the question to ask is why the price had dropped in the months before? I'm guessing that botters were hitting that hard, so perhaps the RWT discouraging updates deserve most of the credit here.

Could you make one for Cooked and Raw fish?

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Mm, well the question to ask is why the price had dropped in the months before? I'm guessing that botters were hitting that hard, so perhaps the RWT discouraging updates deserve most of the credit here.

That wouldn't explain why pure essence dropped down to some 70gp before and rose back from that then too. Plus, yew logs had been going up for a long time already as well. I'm sure the RWT discouragement had influence, but pure essence was surely undervaluated as well.

ARMOUR: High level armour seem to be rising while mid range armour remain steady or lowering. I can't quite explain why (my best guess is the christmas and last-chance gifting)

If I look at the armour that dropped in price, it is mostly armour that can be mass-made, but which used to be a pain to sell in mass on the market. However, thanks to the liquidity that is now available, this issue has been taken away and thus their prices could drop quite a bit.

High level armour may have risen as a result of the lowering rares prices. Another explanation may be that they actually dropped in price the weeks before the GE (as a result of the change that was made to dueling) and that they only regained what was lost. I haven't actually tracked their prices to know that though.

I am toying with index charts atm, but so far, nothing I like. Perhaps someone who's more experienced at chart making can use my data and polish it to more useful forms?

To make more useful index graphs we would actually need more information about the trading volume in specific materials, something we don't have.

Without that, I suppose you could try to throw together a bunch of key materials as an index, like coal, iron, yew, maple, silver, gold, pure essence, normal essence, air runes and nature runes. Perhaps chaos, oak, mahagony and/or teak too. Some herbs in it would be necessary too. I'm not too well informed what the key (leveling) materials are, but I'd guess guam, harralander, tarromin, avantoe and/or irit. Best to choose 2 or 3 herbs (probably the first three), to have the exposure to each market similiarly.

The index should give each material the same weight. As a whole the index would roughly show the (costs of the?) secondary skills smithing, fletching, crafting, runecrafting, magic, construction and herblore.

This is an outstanding post. Great work on the data gathering. Any opinion on how quickly the GE is adapting to Supply and Demand?

It's disappointing Jagex did not offer more pages for us to view for prices (though that will be irrelevant after they release price graphs). I think it's not too difficult for Jagex to offer Tabbed displays of items relevant to the price NPC.

Example: The Herb NPC has three tabs, 1 for herbs, 1 for secondaries, 1 for potions. The Log NPC has two tabs, 1 for logs, 1 for end items such as bows, crossbows. The Ore NPC has tabs for ores, bars, and probably end items such as plates, bolts, and cannonballs.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

i wonder how long it will take for us to be able to get official charts from jagex?

i imagine seeing a YEARS worth and using that to predict

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

Very nice! Musta taken much work. Will you be doing more of these?

Also, the herbs. Would these be clean or grimy herbs?

BTw Ashes are NOT useless. If youve done shades of mortton they can be used as cheap 2nds for tarromin. The pot is worthless but you didnt pay much for the exp.

limdog.png

I just looked, and the GE doesn't sell broken barrows sets anymore.

I never knew they did in the first place.

What's the point in selling broken barrows sets anyway?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Nice data collection there primadog. Impressive! =D>

I love the way it shows Jagex messed up on some of the prices and they were so off no one's prepared to sell items to rebalance the prices either. Fire runes seems a prefect example. The GE price I believe is somewhere around 11gp, yet in reality due to the vast amount of Fire Giant hunters they're only worth 2-5gp each. As a result, that line hasn't gone up or down.

Just shows Jagex really need to form this new team of people to take care of prices... fast.

when it first came out I bought 10k of pure essence for 80gp each in a mater of seconds, and yesterday I decided to sell what I had left. To my surprise, Jagex has updated the price of pure essence in the Grand Exchange (as well as for other items like yew logs) and the minimum price of pure essence had become 120gp!

So good job Jagex, glad to see you're trying to keep the prices right!

[bad_joke]Drew Carey would be proud[/bad_joke]

Ok, so you made 400k off that pure ess. Now tell me how much you lost from all the other items in your bank dropping in price (herbs, pots, ores, etc). Still up for a joke?

BTw Ashes are NOT useless. If youve done shades of mortton they can be used as cheap 2nds for tarromin. The pot is worthless but you didnt pay much for the exp.

Getting 500k of these when they were only 9ea was nice \'

I'd have bought like 10M of those if only I knew they'd go up so much...

Charts and data tables updated. It appears that the general prices faced a crash in the past three days.

Sledge, thanks for the data, but I can't get my excel charts to work correctly without a full set of data :( Maybe you can get it working?

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

I believe there's several others who's tracking rares atm. Hopefully, they'll also share their data with us.

I'm tracking rares, and the graphs are pretty boring and pretty much useless since they hardly updated. Those graphs will be more useful once the trade cap is in place and people will be forced to do all rare trading on the G.E, making updates much more common.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

I just invested 5m in Blood runes. I might invest up to another 25m over this weekend. They are selling for 330gp on GE. I predict they are going to rise in price. There is no way to loose money here, as I can just sell them on Karamja with gloves for the same 330 so there is no risk :)

I just invested 5m in Blood runes. I might invest up to another 25m over this weekend. They are selling for 330gp on GE. I predict they are going to rise in price. There is no way to loose money here, as I can just sell them on Karamja with gloves for the same 330 so there is no risk :)

There's no store to do that.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

well i admire you intensity to not give up on researching prices for the whole tip it community...

but i must say, herbs may have gone down in price but they actually sell now, only 4 herbs, I have found are hard to sell via ge..

1. Toadflax (makes sence because sara brews take some time to go through, no one buying toadfalx = no brews)

2.Snapdragon (this one actually suprised me because super restores our very easy to obtain through the ge)

3.Irits (basicly becasue no one buys the out come of this item and the few that do, have a harrd time obtaining this becasue you lose more money in irits different pots then any other herb, well pretty much)

4.Avantoe (this because what do they make that people want, fishing pots...no, hunter pots...no...super energy..very few buy, mostly rc'ers, if herbists cant make any money out of this herb why buy it?

Also, some seeds seem to fly right through the ge....

1.All tree seeds (not fruit tree) *p.s. yew seeds may take 10+ minutes

2.Few herb seeds sell in ge, I sold my cadantine in a longgated period of time

3.fruit tree seeds (only there higher level seeds sell!!!! that means no bannana, orange or apple!)

4.Alloment seeds (same as fruit tree seeds, only higher level sell such as watermelon and sweetcorn)

TY and GOODNIGHT :D

realsiggy.jpgmscl.png

There's no store to do that.

Shilo Village general store with Karamja Diary Gloves. TYVM