Do we still need bankpins?

wildy58

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if there is no use for a bank pin anymore because of the new rules i would still keep it for security purposes. I wouldn't risk it. Sure it would be hard to drop all of my items because of their high market value but i'd rather have it just in-case some goes crazy on my account.

Another wise mind :-w

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

I would keep my bank pin at all times on my account. One of my accounts was key logged over the summer. I used recoveries on my account, and got it back a day or two later, but found that all the items I had equipped on my character himself had been dropped, or stolen. Luckily, I got into my bank, and not an item had been touched by the hacker. I like to think my pin was the only thing keeping him(or her) from dropping or taking all of my items.

To be honest, if you don't want to spend 5 extra seconds going through something that can save your items, go right ahead. I'll stick with my pins, though.

1034129518geordiequeen.jpg

If they like your account, they'll keep it for themselves. Or, they can just hack and ban it for pure spite.

They would keep your account, but all offenses by hackers can be eliminated so breaking rules is a waste unless they send in your apeals for you

Yes.. they are meant as a means to keep people out of our banks. If someone manages to get onto your account, not having a bank pin certainly won't keep a person from accessing your bank. Mine saved me once, hopefully it never has a reason to in the future.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

hey guys i haven't been on for a while.

What has changed to prevent hackers from stealing items? You talk as if one can no longer drop trade your items to their account, can you not drop items anymore?

Can anyone give me a quick sum up of whats changed to prevent item stealing from hacking?

cakesncats056-1.jpg

hey guys i haven't been on for a while.

What has changed to prevent hackers from stealing items? You talk as if one can no longer drop trade your items to their account, can you not drop items anymore?

Can anyone give me a quick sum up of whats changed to prevent item stealing from hacking?

Drops worth over 3k no longer appear. Also, you can not trade items to another account in which it will profit a range of 3-30k over the course of 15 minutes.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

if your hacked, worst they can do is use runes...? or put your stuff in drop party (which i see pointless waste of time to hack someone just to do that, unless you hate them. :evil: :evil: )

you just answered your question

Yeah. There are not many people like that, but they do for sure exist.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Ive had this problem before. hacker got in and took everything he wanted and droped the rest. The he got mya account banned...

So yes we still need bank pins

-Haseo

PS-I remember seeing a topic like this not to long back...

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

if you wants your account back; 14 days to use recoverys?

They can still sell it before 14 days claiming its their own

actually 1 day to use recoverys. If you go onto recover a lost account, and say that someone else know your recovery Q's and you get everything right, then you can change them and it will take one day to come into effect. Been done to me, ( lost about 1mil to hacker..... :evil: ). Pc was down for 2 days, hacker changed it, and i lost my account until, many months later attempting to get it back from jagex.

Edit:I forget about the topic. We need bank pins b/c there is a delay limit on them, and then in the real world hakcers, can be patient for the pin to deactivate, and then they can keep the account, have a drop party, or whatever they want to do with it.

You know firecapes? Well they take awhile to get and if a hacker get's your account he'll drop that. :\

Same with torso and defenders.

Bank pin is a win.

Bonus_Track.png

Well if you log in and out as much as I do, all that time wasted punching in that code can be used skilling. Once there was no way for someone to steal my stuff in bulk, the threat is pretty much over as far as Im concerned. I never wanted one in the first place and went years without having one. If your smart and dont fall for scams, click on any dangerous links and have a good firewall you wont get hacked anyway.

limdog.png

I think we need them all the time. cuz lets say someone logs into someone else's acc. he cant take the items. but he can make this person lose them

Ty Veyron for Siggy help!

So-called 'hackers' (all they do is trick you into going to a site that will give your computer a keylogger) often just want to take your account for the thrill, and will probably either sell your account or drop all your stuff if they get access to your bank.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

So-called 'hackers' (all they do is trick you into going to a site that will give your computer a keylogger) often just want to take your account for the thrill, and will probably either sell your account or drop all your stuff if they get access to your bank.

True, or they keep the account to themselves. Pins are always gooooood to have.

Just remove yours, don't remove the ability to have one

See, I'm paranoid. I'll die without a bankpin :ohnoes:

Sure, no hacking for profit. Ever heard of people hacking you to piss you off?

Hack the account and drop everything just to annoy him. Certain people love to see other people get angry/annoyed

madmax_410.png

madmax_410.png

Hi tipiters; with jagex's recent updates; it makes items alot harder to transfer; so why do we need bankpins?because if your hacked, worst they can do is use runes...? or put your stuff in drop party (which i see pointless waste of time to hack someone just to do that, unless you hate them. :evil: :evil: )

so, do we need bankpins? :uhh: :uhh:

Discuss.

PS: Do not call me a hacker that just wants people to remove they're bank pins!

EDIT: Properly secure accounts/computers shouldn't be hacked, regardless.

My brother was just hacked and lost most of his money (in maples).

short answer: freck yes

When I see people say it, I pronounce it "poon" in my head. Makes more sense to me. My friend said it in real life once and I almost kneed him in the family-maker.

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found