Gielinor Tribune: 16th Edition - Now Hiring -

unorclan

TGTsupsig.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 5th, 2007

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Gielinor Tribune is the oldest Player-made Runescape Newspaper on Tip.it (Tip.it Times does not count). We've been working hard since May 2007 (the first opening) to make the best RS Newspaper out there and to always keep our reader's expectations.

1. Gielinor Tribune News by Book (GT Manager)

2. [News Commentation] Why We Act the Way We Do by Randox

3. [Marketplace Article] Time Vs. Money by Evil_wisp

4. [Random Help & Advice] Blah! by Fursttsurugi

5. Comic by Mulli

6. [Creative Writing] Gil Colin Graham by Guest Xebn Xocnil

7. [Games & Fun] Imponderables by Book (unorclan)

8. The Drunken Dwarf's Tip.iter of the Week! by Yours Truly

9. Gielinor Tribune Accepting Guest Articles

10. Gielinor Tribune Staff List

~ Part One: Gielinor Tribune News by Book (Unorclan)

Happy 2008 from the Gielinor Tribune!!!

With Christmas passed and New Years celebration over just a few days ago our Staff if finally returning from their long vacation and celebrations!

Those left tried to whip up a short edition for everybody but real-life being more demanding and obviously a higher priority, we unfortunately couldn't get one completed. But yet, here we are again in a new year with another edition!

And along with the new year we are Hiring once again! If your interested then I invite you to visit The Gielinor Tribune Forums and check out all the jobs that are open!

Thanks!

- Book (Unorclan)

Gielinor Tribune Manager

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

land-of-guthix-ad-banner.png

Come join the Land of Guthix, the NEW RuneScape Forum. This forum contains discussion topics, a market place, off-topic discussions, and even a place to put your own artwork!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Part Two: Why We Act the Way We Do by Randox

Well, a new year is almost upon us. It has been an eventful year, to say the least. We have had some amazing update - the God Wars Dungeon and Mithril Dragons being some to note. We have had many new quests and even though we did not receive the long awaited Mourning End Part 3, the game will survive another year and perhaps I will have the joy of writing about the quest in the New Year.

But itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the holiday season and that means not much to talk about. Their is the Christmas event which I believe gave us one of the best rewards we have ever received, assuming it will still work after the event of course and failing in that I had best be able to build a snowman next Christmas event.

I must admit though, Jagex really surprised me. The event this year had not plot and no real adventure. Most people had more trouble finding the snow imps (in Falador at least) than they did actually completing the event. If I had a 7 year old brother, he could probably figure it out in a matter of minutes. Even the imps werenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t that hard to find if you've been around for past Easter and Christmas events. It is not the first time that the event has been held just south of the southern Falador wall between the road and the makeover mage. Good reward, but a horrible event over all. I suspect they were to busy making changes and creating what is likely a public teats bed for summoning, to make a plot.

But now that I have the update out of the way and would like to cover some psychology that I have been meaning to discuss but somehow never had time. Now, I am not a professional and have not received proper training in the field. My knowledge comes mostly from psychology texts, but what I am going to discuss does match up with my own observations and is logically sound.

When we observe ourselves performing an action we tend to blame the environment. This can be just about any action, from what we do to what we say. When we try to understand why we do something or act a certain way itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s normally ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅI did blah blah because of blah blahÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

Great read, glad to see you guys are still publishing. :wink:

Thanks.

And yeah, after the long holiday vacation this isn't our best edition but we finally got one together and published.

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

That comic strip brings back fond memories... PvP isn't what it once was.

Good read, I applause the writers! =D>

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

great read. loved the comic strip :lol:

the advice made me laugh in real life too.

cant wait for the next issue :thumbsup:

Thank you, kindly! :thumbsup:

I completely forgot that this was being posted today until you complimented my article on lightning chat. :oops:

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

Section 2: You know you're a noob if...

You tell people not to kill the Woman Level-2 because you are in a church.

You try to make your enemies look like cheaters during a clan war... oh, wait, that's not a problem anymore.

You report someone for Bug Abuse because they killed a spider. They aren't even bugs, my God!

You log into Runescape and say "Runescape blows" and then NOT log out, but, instead, play the game like everyone else.

You go to a riot of people quitting hoping to get their stuff, and are, in no way, new to this game.

lol :thumbsup:

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Great issue! I loved the comic. It brings back nice memories of the old PvP methods. But, we have to adapt, right? ::'

Anyway, I'm sorry I couldn't be a part of this issue. I'll send in an interview for next issue ASAP. :wink:

j0xPu5R.png

Wow, the comic was actually funny this time :P

Unfortunatly, Mulli quit after making that comic, so you'll be seeing dkw's comics instead.

And thanks, Lat.

?r=191108

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

The article about psychology had a weird way of proving a point...

Really? How so?

*Puts chain on Book*

Sorry, but I have a feeling in my gut that he's going to, in some twisted way, see this as an insult, and I really don't want to hear it.

?r=191108

It's like the writer had a set goal in mind, but got lost on the way there.

:-s He was simply trying to have a good runescape-type setting in hope that people would understand and get his point easier.

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

It's like the writer had a set goal in mind, but got lost on the way there.

:-s He was simply trying to have a good runescape-type setting in hope that people would understand and get his point easier.

It appears to have not worked...

?r=191108

Great edition! I liked the jokes but didn't find the comic that funny.

Important points touched this version.

Just a couple of questions:

If you're hiring people, do I need to be a "ÃÆÃâÃâüber1337-pro master" at photoshop to be in the graphics team?

Also, what do I need to be cartoonist?

firmatemplariokz5.jpg

http://darkluniux.blogspot.com

Behold my blog! Thou shalt visit it and rejoice!

If you're hiring people, do I need to be a "ÃÆÃâÃâüber1337-pro master" at photoshop to be in the graphics team?

1. Nope, just show us your work and we'll decide if your good enough.

2. You'll be needing some grammar and spelling lessons. :wink:

Lol, just kidding, but we don't allow leet speak or really bad chat speak on the forums.

Also, what do I need to be cartoonist?

Abilities to make graphics that a average human can understand and read

A good sense of humor and creativity

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png