Gold Farmer's Life

TeamBloody

Good new! 1 goldfarmer maker is gone woot!

Nice translating! translating chinese --> english is ftw ::'

Ty Veyron for Siggy help!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point is that what these people are doing is stealing. All Runescape items and accounts belong to Jagex. That's why they have the ability to ban 'our' accounts without our consent, it would be a legal nightmare for everyone if we could claim actual ownership of accounts and items.

Hi ^^ I am a maker is this thread. Here I just want to point out: A thief in a community does not mean that the whole community are thievies.. For instance, if you stole stuff from a convenience store, we cant say your whole family are thieves because this is just unfair to your family :wink: .

At least the guy there did not steal anything nor using any bots programs (he tried once but he has stopped after getting banned)

And yea!! All Runescape items and accounts belong to Jagex. So we should not make any rants nor any opinions. Rather, it will be the way better to do nothing like a sheep and wait for Jagex come owning us =D>

By the way, I posting thie thread did not mean to encourage the rwt but just found interest about the article. I dont really know that you guys have read similar stuff b4 so I am very sorry :oops: .

It's OK that you can post these things, because it isn't originally your article. I was just observing that the increase of the creation of these articles seem to be for the purpose of convincing people to want to get the update reverted. Sorry if I looked like I was pointing the finger too much. :oops:

Could you explain further what you mean about the 'community of thieves'? I fail to follow the metaphor's links to what we're talking about. I'm not blaming anyone who didn't steal anything. :-s It's just that this guy was stealing Jagex's property and selling it. The use of bots or not doesn't make it any less of a crime. I don't think it's (strictly legally) any more of a crime, but hey.

And to your next point, we can complain all we like, but because it's Jagex's accounts and Jagex's items, we can't force them to do anything. Just give convincing arguments and give opinions on what they are doing with their property. If we actually owned the accounts, we could actually force Jagex to change things, make updates, and everything else (given that a large enough portion of the gaming community supports), with probably dire consequences. It's actually a gift from Jagex that they are listening to those who they could completely ignore: the players.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Good fight gold farmers, you tried. Now how about getting a real job instead of ruining a game for the actual players who try to enjoy it?

You should be thankful you don't live in China. "Getting a job" is not an easy thing to do there.

Shut the [bleep] up, seriously. Gold farmer sympathizers are just bleeding hearted fools who feel the need to fight for a cause or sympathize with another being in order to make themselves feel better. It is their own fault they are in a bad postion. Blaming everyone or everything else is just failure to take responsibility for their own actions.

OT: Good job Jagex even though your ends may not justify your means.

soulthresher.png

Good fight gold farmers, you tried. Now how about getting a real job instead of ruining a game for the actual players who try to enjoy it?

You should be thankful you don't live in China. "Getting a job" is not an easy thing to do there.

Shut the [bleep] up, seriously. Gold farmer sympathizers are just bleeding hearted fools who feel the need to fight for a cause or sympathize with another being in order to make themselves feel better. Blaming everyone or everything else is just failure to take responsibility for their own actions.

Nice e-thug attitude.

It is their own fault they are in a bad postion.

Care to explain?

Interesting, but there is already another thread like this.

Anyway, I could not care less who is behind that gold-farming, Mod Edit: Inappropriate language. Q.V. Tip it Modeating, carpet-munching machine that is real-world trading, but rather about how soon they burn in hell. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Lmfao you got owned there <3:

bling3.png

[blingkachi50]

Well. I have seen on e-bay people from WoW who win like 4000$ a month selling stuff, gold farmers, legal there, but this is rs, it's illegal they dont care about people they just care about their money, soul less creatures tbh...

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Shut the [bleep] up, seriously. Gold farmer sympathizers are just bleeding hearted fools who feel the need to fight for a cause or sympathize with another being in order to make themselves feel better. Blaming everyone or everything else is just failure to take responsibility for their own actions.

Nice e-thug attitude.

Care to explain that?

It is their own fault they are in a bad postion.

Care to explain?

I already did...

soulthresher.png

There are some gold-farmer sympathizers in this thread that don't understand something.

ALL(Yes I mean ALL. I am not exagerating.) Gold farmers use STOLEN credit cards to pay for their accounts.

When the person with the stolen credit card realises that their money is being charged to something without their permission Jagex must spend time and resources to return the money.

However that's not where it ends. Jagex ends up paying additional money to refund people that had their credit cards stolen. So they aren't "not making a profit"(As someone said), they are actually LOSING money as a result.

This is NO simple matter of video game money and items. It's real money, it's real theft. These are terrible people that run Gold-farming workshops. They aren't just selling virtual items they don't own(It's like making an illegal copy of a DVD and selling the copy on the streets.), they're using innocent peoples money to do so.

Okay, they have real problems to live... Knowing their OWN situation they have to realise they're doing damage to people whom are most likely not even associated with their problems to begin with. Why should the account theft victims, credit card fraud victims, legitimate players and even Jagex itself take the blame and suffer?

I know my background so I can tell what they're going through. For their supporters, assume this analogy: A parasite thrives by feeding on other organisms. You have contracted a virus which you can either treat and immunify against or let it grow, spread and kill you. I think the choice is clear. :-k

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

If credit fraud is the major concern,

WHY DIDN'T JAGEX JUST PUT A LIMIT ON HOW MANY ACCOUNTS YOU COULD PAY FOR WITH ONE CREDIT CARD?

Its not a major problem is why.

Apparently people here have misunderstood.

Its not the goldfarmers abusing credit cards. Its the little kids who steal from their parents, so they can buy a couple million, or the party hat they've been dreaming of.

Its mainly the customers of the goldfarmers, not mainly the goldfarmers.

WHY DIDN'T JAGEX JUST PUT A LIMIT ON HOW MANY ACCOUNTS YOU COULD PAY FOR WITH ONE CREDIT CARD?

Its not the goldfarmers abusing credit cards. Its the little kids who steal from their parents, so they can buy a couple million, or the party hat they've been dreaming of.

Its the customers of the goldfarmers, not the goldfarmers.

Oh. Thanks for clearing that up.

So this is essentially the product of poor parenting? That makes me very, very sad.

So this is essentially the product of poor parenting? That makes me very, very sad.

No no . Lets not jump to conclusions here. Its essentially the effects of laziness, game addiction, and the fact that most kids don't have jobs yet.

No no . Lets not jump to conclusions here. Its essentially the effects of laziness, game addiction, and the fact that most kids don't have jobs yet.

I don't know... It just seems really... Disturbing to me that kids would go to such lengths for virtual items.

One thing I'm still not clear about. If these kids are "buying" from the goldfarmers and not from Jagex, then why is Jagex responsible for providing a refund?

Artificial doom flavour, they aren't responsible.

Thats what I'm trying to tell him. And if he even had a credit card he wouldn't post what he did.

The person responsible for the credit card is the credit card holder. No one else. The police and the justice system in any country will validate this and so will the credit card companies.

O.K.

The majority of bots that we ban from members have been paid for with stolen credit card numbers...

Such accounts don't earn us money, they cost us money in bank refund charges - money that could be better spent on creating new content for our players; money that could help us increase the level of support our players receive. Also, in the longer-term, if we had continued to experience these problems with account fraud, then it could have led to us no longer being able to accept credit card payments from legitimate players.

^ What of this, though? I apologize if I'm testing your patience, but it seems like this really is a big part of the issue. Could not the solution to this problem have been much simpler than what was implemented, then?

Thats what I'm trying to tell him. And if he even had a credit card he wouldn't post what he did.

The person responsible for the credit card is the credit card holder. No one else. The police and the justice system in any country will validate this and so will the credit card companies.

O.K.

The majority of bots that we ban from members have been paid for with stolen credit card numbers...

Such accounts don't earn us money, they cost us money in bank refund charges - money that could be better spent on creating new content for our players; money that could help us increase the level of support our players receive. Also, in the longer-term, if we had continued to experience these problems with account fraud, then it could have led to us no longer being able to accept credit card payments from legitimate players.

^ What of this, though? I apologize if I'm testing your patience, but it seems like this really is a big part of the issue. Could not the solution to this problem have been much simpler than what was implemented, then?

I don't believe a single word of it. No company with any respect for itself will refund a stolen credit card. But if thats their policy, than you can forget everything I've just written, and believe that Jagex are economically idiots instead.

Wow.. no wonder every kid thinks he can treat Jagex how they like, when they are dumb enough to refund someones credit card... That is just beyond stupid..

.Maybe if they did not refund stolen credit cards like most respectable companies, the people would learn to hold on to their valuables :roll:

That bit of info shocked me to be honest.

O.K.

I don't believe a single word of it. No company with any respect for itself will refund a stolen credit card. But if thats their policy, than you can forget everything I've just written, and believe that Jagex are economically idiots instead.

Wow.. no wonder every kid thinks he can treat Jagex how they like, when they are dumb enough to refund someones credit card... That is just beyond stupid..

.Maybe if they did not refund stolen credit cards like most respectable companies, the people would learn to hold on to their valuables :roll:

That bit of info shocked me to be honest.

So which is more believable? That they really do refund victims of the credit fraud? Or that they seem to have flat-out lied about this problem?

I'm asking too many questions... You don't have to answer that if you don't want. I'm muddled and slightly less unpleasant than usual since it's four in the morning and I don't want to sleep.

Its okay, Its 10AM here and I'm fresh.

I guess its believable that they really DO refund credit card fraud victims.

But unbelievable in the sense, that its a very different policy that pretty much any company will refuse to have.

Seeing as its not the company's problem if a customer cannot control their credit card. Even gambling websites have restrictions for credit cards.

If they had harder restrictions on credit cards, they wouldn't face this problem, especially if they tightened up their policies. Such as no-refunding.

When p2p was first launched, one could get banned if someone other than you used your credit card.

I guess the whining brat kids have softened Jagex over the years.. :roll:

They pretty much sold out to the customers, not their own beliefs, when 2004 came.

But unbelievable in the sense, that its a very different policy that pretty much any company will refuse to have.

Seeing as its not the company's problem if a customer cannot control their credit card. Even gambling websites have restrictions for credit cards.

If they had harder restrictions on credit cards, they wouldn't face this problem, especially if they tightened up their policies. Such as no-refunding.

When p2p was first launched, one could get banned if someone other than you used your credit card.

They pretty much sold out to the customers, not their own beliefs, when 2004 came.

Hmm, weird isn't it? Jagex have the complete right to refuse refunds (I believe that their terms and conditions dissallow refunds even if the account is banned), so why don't they extend that to any situation?

It's a weird system.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Hmm, weird isn't it? Jagex have the complete right to refuse refunds (I believe that their terms and conditions dissallow refunds even if the account is banned), so why don't they extend that to any situation?

It's a weird system.

I agree, thats why I have a hard time believing their post, saying that they lose money refunding "victims". I believe they are scapegoating.

Shut the [bleep] up, seriously. Gold farmer sympathizers are just bleeding hearted fools who feel the need to fight for a cause or sympathize with another being in order to make themselves feel better. It is their own fault they are in a bad postion. Blaming everyone or everything else is just failure to take responsibility for their own actions.

How is being born into poverty your own fault? Fook is absolutely right;people who believe their RS experience is more important than other people's welfare should probably reconsider their attitudes to life.Whether this particular gold-farmer is living in poverty is slightly beside the point,he's still working over 12 hours a day for under 50 cents an hour,which is 1/16 of what I earn an hour,and I'm a teenager on minimum wage in Britain.To the person who said he can afford his own computer and internet access,it sounds to me like he's in a sweat-shop if he's working 16 hours a day.

And to all those of you who say that the bottom line is he's stealing,take a look around you;those nike trainers came from a sweat shop in india where the pay is well below the 1$ a day poverty line,and working conditions are so bad that death is not unheard of.That bowl of fresh fruit? The farmer in africa is ripped off by the big corporation he is forced to sell his produce to.In addition to the cripplingly low price they buy them off him for,they also "fine" him when they sell them at a loss.That mobile phone in your pocket? It contains a mineral called coaltan,which is found almost exclusively in Sierra Leone.The lucritivity of these coaltan mines has led to a warlord culture,where dozens die every day in the fight to control them.None of us living in the west can claim any moral high ground,we all support,directly or indirectly,the mistreatment and ripping off of people less fortunate than ourselves.I include myself in this.

Selling virtual gold is nothing in comparison.

Please note that I don't support RWT, I just can't believe the hypocracy that is on this forum.