Saradomin's Encampment Guide

Artemis1330

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i used ur guide to duo and went with a friend it was his first time we got 2 1/2 kills then his rol tellied him then i solod 5 more kills also i found a way to melee starlight w/o it attacking u (i bring whip for kc) after u kill bree go 1 step south of the north wall to get starlight on u then run to the east wall when starlight catches up or is close to the north wall go against the north wall and attack it this also puts u in a good spot for when zil spawns and doesnt waste bolts :thumbsup: thx again for this awesome guide

EDIT: jus solo'd got 8 kills (new personal best) at 86 range idk if thats good but better than ive done so far lol tytytyty <3:

null20defsig.jpg

Dk drops: 37 Barrows: 11 Dragon: 33 Visage: 2 Whip: 5 Dark Bow: 1

hhank_hilll.png

mmh3.jpg

would love to do solo...just bought a dfs and will buy the armour listed

am only worried only about the running angles....I might run only instead of hitting

Mitchartz.gif

GWD:

Sara : 6 saradomin swords in 3 trips with team

Bandos : Hilt, Tassets, Chest and Boots (with team) 2 Shard 3 from minions

Armadyl : nothing yet

Zamorak : 1 steam staff (with team)

Spiritual Mages : over 40 dragon boots

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ranging is still very easy and good. I'm 95 defence and 92 range now (a LOT better stats than I used to be), but I'm also 99 attack and 99 strength. I've been using guthans and terrorbird mainly now for when I go with my clan, while they are using bunyips/titans/unicorns with veracs, all ranging. I used my brand new blessed spirit shield there, and I'm hoping that Jagex fixes it so that it can be used as a saradomin item soon. I usually use sara d'hide body and zamorak kiteshield.

I might try meleeing soon because I have veracs and my stats are even better than before. But its still not that high of a range defence. I'll almost definitely still prefer ranging because of a lot of things. You can more easily tell who its on for one. Two, you can see it going for you and have time to start running before it gets a chance to hit you. 3, you can continue to hit saradomin even when its focused on you. 4, the melee minion dances around a lot more. 5, if I remember correctly, eagle eye drains at half the speed that piety does. Yeah, a lot of reasons to prefer range over melee, even if I've never tried it recently :P. Maybe you MIGHT get faster kills with melee, but idk.

I'm hoping to get the money for 88 summoning soon, too. When I get 88 summoning, I'm going to stop using guthans and terrorbird and switch to veracs+unicorn. I might try veracs+titan again in a bit to see how I do, as it has been a while since I have. And chances are that I'll probably stick to titan cause guthans can be quite unreliable at times >.<

Still a great guide, but you might wanna fix up some of the inventories for the super restore update that makes it restore summoning soon.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

i got a hilt duo with this guide ^^ thx

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

another tactic you can use in sara gwd, i didnt see if it was already mentioned or not but...

if one member of the team has zgs to freeze, but runs out of specs during the fight and wont be able to freeze the next kill, he can lend the zgs to another team member who will use the freeze spec on zil, then simply use godsword on the owner to give it back, and do that every kill. i was doing that was a rsof team and zil was held probably 8/10 rounds on average [from specs not hitting etc], but we freeze specd her EVERY round

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

another tactic you can use in sara gwd, i didnt see if it was already mentioned or not but...

if one member of the team has zgs to freeze, but runs out of specs during the fight and wont be able to freeze the next kill, he can lend the zgs to another team member who will use the freeze spec on zil, then simply use godsword on the owner to give it back, and do that every kill. i was doing that was a rsof team and zil was held probably 8/10 rounds on average [from specs not hitting etc], but we freeze specd her EVERY round

I didn't think that worked anymore..?

Sleeping-in-cushionhigh.jpg

it does...i was doing it only yesterday. i also just noticed i made a few typos and such but w/e

it does...i was doing it only yesterday. i also just noticed i made a few typos and such but w/e

I think you have to put it on lend until logout, but idk. I haven't tested it, but it does work if you put it on lend until logout, thats for sure. And its a great idea.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

• 2 weeks later...

I think you have to put it on lend until logout, but idk. I haven't tested it, but it does work if you put it on lend until logout, thats for sure. And its a great idea.

that is correct, the lend must be set as til logout, or the owner of the gs cant get it back during the trip, and must wait till they bank

Yes, unfortunately saradomin items are dropping. Sara Sword should actually remain pretty high, though, considering many people will be training their strength again for PvP.

SGS has gone under 40m now though, which kinda sucks >.< but its still good.

• 1 month later...
I've soloed Zilyana alot in the past. However, I just very recently acquired an SGS. Would you recommend using the SGS for solo trips, or just for team trips?

it can be helpful but because it is such a high value item and is pretty much always kept on death, it places too much risk on everything else if something goes wrong.

where you may keep a veracs helm if you die normally, if you have a gs with you, the v helm is most likely lost

but if you do bring it, spec on the minis either as you run around the room, or after zil is dead

but in general, id save the godsword for team trips

I've soloed Zilyana alot in the past. However, I just very recently acquired an SGS. Would you recommend using the SGS for solo trips, or just for team trips?

it can be helpful but because it is such a high value item and is pretty much always kept on death, it places too much risk on everything else if something goes wrong.

where you may keep a veracs helm if you die normally, if you have a gs with you, the v helm is most likely lost

but if you do bring it, spec on the minis either as you run around the room, or after zil is dead

but in general, id save the godsword for team trips

Definitely bring it for soloing. I use it to get kc with, but more importantly, it's perfect for killing growler with between zilyana kills and of course the healing is very useful.

I'd also say SGS does help for solo. Just make sure you are know what you will lose if you die.

I fixed a few quotes and other minor fixes. I also started working on getting the few remaining invos sorted so I can finally say this is finished. Should post a few invo pics tomorrow. Maybe once this is finished it can get into the AOW ::'

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

Amazing guide. You truely changed the God Blessed D'Hide market when you made this. I've used this guide many times, and enjoy Zilyana. Thank you. It is marvelous finished, but, one tiny, or, rather, large problem, just fix the fonts :roll:

Great Guide, and greatly appreciated.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.